Driving into JFK - how much time?

Subscribe
Hi all.

Off to the USA at the end of the month - in and out of JFK.
Hopefully driving down towards Philly, Horsham and Doylestown.

Would appreciate some advice on how much time would I need to drive back to get into JFK? Luckily the return flight isn't until late evening 23:00ish fro memory.

Thanks
Quote: Hi all.

Off to the USA at the end of the month - in and out of JFK.
Hopefully driving down towards Philly, Horsham and Doylestown.

Would appreciate some advice on how much time would I need to drive back to get into JFK? Luckily the return flight isn't until late evening 23:00ish fro memory.

Thanks
If there is NO traffic (which is unlikely) you could do it in about 2 to 2 1/2 hours. But that is in the absolute best of driving conditions. It depends on the time of day, day of the week, etc.

Welcome to FT, PlaneTalking. I like your screen name.

Bobette
I would leave Philadelphia about five thirty or six (Ben Franklin Bridge, Admiral Wilson Blvd, NJ38 and then NJ73 to the New Jersey Turnpike to try to hit the Staten Island Expressway about 730 when all the traffic has (should have) died down. Doylestown or anywhere in Central Bucks would be 15 minutes closer and Horsham near the Pennsy Pike about 1/2 hour.

Depending on the flow of the NJ Tpke, I would probably take the Outerbridge Crossing at exit 10 and the West Shore Expressway up to the SI Xway. From that point you should make JFK in about an hour using the Verazzano Narrows Bridge and the Belt Parkway around the bottom of Brooklyn and arrive about 830 give or take.

But you can give a lot when the NY traffic does not behave and an extra hour on that route is far from very unusual.