Wiki Posts
Search

Guadalajara Airport

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2008, 2:18 pm
Original Poster

Guadalajara Airport

Two-part question, and I wasn't sure where to put this:

1. Can I get my film handchecked leaving mexico?
2. What can you tell me about the Guadalajara airport?
Old Apr 29, 2008, 7:37 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL: 3.8 MM, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
sooners80, welcome to FlyerTalk!!

Your questions may get a better response in our Mexico Forum so we'll switch it there.

Thanks.

Cholula
Travel Safety/Security Forum Moderator
Old May 19, 2008, 8:59 pm

Programs: United Mileage Plus (Premier Exec)
GDL memories

I don't have many specifics...but nobody else has responded either...

I flew through GDL about four years ago and only faintly remember. It was smaller than I expected for the second largest city in Mexico, all the employees were extremely friendly, we had to use steps and a bus to get to the terminal instead of jetway.

When using the bathroom I had to dispose of toilet paper in a wastebasket instead of flushing.
Old May 19, 2008, 9:02 pm

Programs: United Mileage Plus (Premier Exec)
Taxi's in Guadalajara

The taxi situation is convenient. I paid in advance at a booth before leaving the terminal, then simply handed my receipt to the driver at the front of the cab line.
Old Sep 19, 2009, 7:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Can anyone tell me if there is a Starbucks in the GDL airport? I want to pick up some Starbucks mugs while Im there. Thanks!
Old Sep 19, 2009, 11:51 pm

Starbucks

There are at least a couple of Starbucks at GDL.
Old Sep 20, 2009, 4:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Perfect, hopefully there will be one before security where I can buy some mugs before boarding.
Old Sep 20, 2009, 3:02 pm

Locations

From what I recall, there is one in the arrivals area after baggage claim and immigration (in the waiting hall where people meet and greet) and one or more in the departures area after security.
Old Nov 11, 2009, 9:51 pm

I have a 4 hour layover there on Friday, going to LA...do I have enough time to get out of the airport, is there anything around it that is interesting or NOT BORING like an airport lobby. I've been to Guadalajara once but it was like a year ago and I was only there rapidly in transit.
Old Dec 3, 2009, 12:46 am

well, it was a bit boring. but i passed the time eating at Chilis..then I found a place where I could get a facial and massage...really cheap too...only like $40 for an hour of treatments...really relaxing too!
Old Dec 6, 2009, 9:48 pm

Programs: United, Delta, Southwest, AA, IHG, Starwood, Hilton
That airport is surprisingly provincial for what is the country's second-largest city. For most flights you go through three lines and take a shuttle bus to your plane, even if it's 30 yards from the gate. Not much fun to pass through, unfortunately.
Old Feb 1, 2010, 9:51 pm

Programs: CO GOLD
Originally Posted by globetrots
That airport is surprisingly provincial for what is the country's second-largest city. For most flights you go through three lines and take a shuttle bus to your plane, even if it's 30 yards from the gate. Not much fun to pass through, unfortunately.

+1 on this post. Chili's is the big event at the airport!
Old Feb 3, 2010, 2:04 pm

Programs: UA-Plat AS-MVPG
I was suprised about how small GDL is. It reminds me of smaller US airports like OAK and GEG.

+1 on the cab thing, that was so easy to just pay in the terminal and give the ticket to the cabdriver. I also had a good meal at a locals place at the far end of the departure terminal dispite accidentaly rubbing chilis into my eye (ouch).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.