Wiki Posts
Search

Lounges in Cancun airport - OBSOLETE

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2006, 3:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta, Starwood, Hilton
Lounges in Cancun airport - OBSOLETE

Can anyone tell me which airlines have lounges in this airport. Also, there seems to be one lounge that you can pay for there--has anyone used it? Thanks
Old Dec 6, 2006, 11:36 am
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
AA uses the Mexicana lounge. This is a recent arrangement (less than a year old), prior to this I think no US-based airline had a lounge at CUN. An alternative to using a lounge if you have to pay for it is to hang out at the TGIF restaurant upstairs, it is a lot like a lounge and has better margaritas.
Old Dec 7, 2006, 3:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta, Starwood, Hilton
ahhh--thanks!
Old Dec 11, 2006, 7:07 am

Programs: UA Lifetime 1K, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, HH Diamond, Delta Base, AA Base
The AeroMexico lounge is also there, with access for SkyTeam partners.
Old Dec 31, 2007, 1:36 pm

Programs: UA Lifetime 1K, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, HH Diamond, Delta Base, AA Base
This might be old news to some, but I just returned from Cancun this week (my yearly r&r trip) and departed from the new terminal. There are no airline lounges in terminal 3.

Last edited by bkramt1; Jan 3, 2008 at 12:03 pm
Old Jan 11, 2008, 8:36 pm

Programs: NWA Platinum, HHonors Diamond, SPG, YX, AA
Is the AeroMexico lounge airside? Is it accesable from the Northwest Airline gates?
Old Jan 11, 2008, 9:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by bkramt1
This might be old news to some, but I just returned from Cancun this week (my yearly r&r trip) and departed from the new terminal. There are no airline lounges in terminal 3.
Are you sure? This is from the Priority Pass website:

Airport: cancun - International (CUN), Terminal 3
Lounge: business lounge

Location: Airside - after Security, exit the Duty Free Shop and turn right towards the 'Bubba Gump' restaurant. Turn right to the end of the hall where a sign indicates the Lounge entrance. The Lounge is only accessible to passengers departing on international flights.

Opening Hours: 08:00 - 21:00
Old Jan 12, 2008, 2:12 pm

Programs: AA PLT
I can't recall where I saw this recently, but I was looking at a map of Terminal 3 that had a space labeled "VIP Lounge" on it. We'll be there in 6 weeks.
Old Jan 12, 2008, 7:44 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
Are you sure? This is from the Priority Pass website:

Airport: cancun - International (CUN), Terminal 3
Lounge: business lounge

Location: Airside - after Security, exit the Duty Free Shop and turn right towards the 'Bubba Gump' restaurant. Turn right to the end of the hall where a sign indicates the Lounge entrance. The Lounge is only accessible to passengers departing on international flights.

Opening Hours: 08:00 - 21:00
Terminal 3 has a "Business Lounge" -- Priority Pass-affiliated -- that is not operated by any of the major US airlines flying out of there. When I looked into it this year, the door was locked and it looked empty -- I am not sure why that was the case late morning.

The US airlines that fly out of Terminal 3 -- including AA, DL, CO, NW, US, UA -- do not have their own or a partner airline lounge in that terminal.
Old Jan 12, 2008, 7:49 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by MKEbound
Is the AeroMexico lounge airside? Is it accesable from the Northwest Airline gates?
NW gates are in Terminal 3, and from there AeroMexico's terminal is not accessible on foot. Even to go from the terminal AeroMexico uses to the Terminal the major US airlines use requires a landside van transfer AFAIK and experienced.

If there is an airside transfer possibility, I was not informed of it when originating trips out of CUN on flights departing Terminal 3 this year.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.