Wiki Posts
Search

Cheap flights US-Mexico?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2014, 6:42 pm
Original Poster

Cheap flights US-Mexico?

Hi,

My situation is as follows: I'm currently in SA and would like to visit the U.S. before going home back to Israel. However since I need a visa to enter, I am not able to still buy a ticket to the U.S.

I'll be able to get a visa around november, however I need to schedule my return flight before. Therefore I've been thinking of flying out of Mexico, and if I do visit the states just fly from the US to mexico before the final flight.

My questions:

1) Is this a good idea? Can you find cheap flights from major U.S. cities to Mexico approx. a month before? Are there differences between west coast and east coast?
2) Which airport is better for that in mexico? Mexico city or cancun (or other places?)

Thanks alot!!
Old Oct 4, 2014, 7:14 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by spiritk
Hi,

My situation is as follows: I'm currently in SA and would like to visit the U.S. before going home back to Israel. However since I need a visa to enter, I am not able to still buy a ticket to the U.S.

I'll be able to get a visa around november, however I need to schedule my return flight before. Therefore I've been thinking of flying out of Mexico, and if I do visit the states just fly from the US to mexico before the final flight.

My questions:

1) Is this a good idea? Can you find cheap flights from major U.S. cities to Mexico approx. a month before? Are there differences between west coast and east coast?
2) Which airport is better for that in mexico? Mexico city or cancun (or other places?)

Thanks alot!!
The Mexico airlines thread offers some possibilities, and Mexico City is very much the hub. I'm not so sure any Mexico LCC offers nonstop travel between and CUN. OTOH Southwest has begun some international flights, so it may be worth looking at as well.

With carriers like Interjet the prices should be decent thirty days out.
Old Oct 9, 2014, 8:41 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Be aware that Mexican LCCs fly from border towns:

IIRC, Reynosa, Ciudad Juarez and Tijuana have them; I'm sure there are others.

Depending on how much time you have, there are long distance buses as well.

San Diego in Texas has a couple of so LCCs flying to Mexico.

Also, Spirit flies to Toluca, with lots of buses to MEX.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.