Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DTW-ZIH

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11, 2014, 7:59 am
Original Poster

DTW-ZIH

Planning to go to Ixtapa/Zihua in mid Jan and return in mid Feb. United has the best schedule as posted now for about $1,000 per seat. Is this a decent price or should we wait? The planes are small Embraers.

Are they and other airlines likely to add flights for that period that aren't known today? United's agent claims they don't know changes until the day they are announced.

Thanks,
Rick
Old Sep 11, 2014, 8:26 am

Welcome to Flyertalk!

Airfare between the USA and Mexico, generally speaking in my experience, is relatively high for distance flown thanks to a combination of high demand and high taxes/fees.

You might try using the ITA airfare tool (matrix.itasoftware.com) to search for options. For example I see Delta has routing DTW-LAX-ZIH for under $800 for a 28 day stay leaving towards the latter half of January 2015.
Old Sep 11, 2014, 10:24 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the resource.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.