Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Reforma

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2013, 8:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL-Plat, Plat Ambassador, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold
Marriott Reforma

What is the least expensive yet reasonably safe way for 2 ladies, (my Aunts) to get from MEX to the Marriott Reforma, both will have 1 carry-on bag. One speaks lite Spanish, the other is a nervous wreck about going to big bad Mexico City, LOL I am meeting them there but I come in several hours later. I had thought about having them wait for me at the airport but the more I think about it, the more I feel they can do it on their own...

I think the Metro is out but what about the bus? I think my one aunt who speaks a bit of Spanish could probably navigate it if the #4 bus gets them close to the hotel, then they get off and walk or catch a cab to the hotel... do-able?

or should they just take a cab all the way?
Old Jun 9, 2013, 9:00 am

Programs: UA Million Miler
Taxi. Very easy--just go to one of the official taxi booths (I think there are like 3 companies) and get a voucher -- give voucher to driver. There are dispatchers outside the terminal. I did this in the winter; about 200 pesos, so about $17.

I even stayed at that hotel some months ago. Very nice, though kinda like staying in the U.S. It is a Marriott... and as far as I could tell, the entire staff speaks English.
Old Jun 9, 2013, 7:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL-Plat, Plat Ambassador, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold
hahaha.... I spoke to one of them today about it and it was already decided, they are taking the taxi, no and if's or buts!!!

oh well....

Did you walk much around the hotel much at night? It's pretty close to zona rosa isn't it, wonder how safe for the 3 of us in the evening???

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.