Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Looking for an all inclusive hotel in Cancun

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2013, 3:08 pm
Original Poster

Looking for an all inclusive hotel in Cancun

How do I find a deal for a all inclusive hotel in Cancun ? Any recommendation for a family friendly hotel, I have 2 young kids.

I found a website http://www.vacationstoremiami.com

Any suggestion ?
TIA
Old Jan 9, 2013, 12:23 am

Programs: enjoyed being warm spit for a few years on CO/UA but now nothing :(
i have never used them but http://www.cheapcaribbean.com/ seems to have some excellently priced packages.
Old Jan 9, 2013, 5:14 pm

Programs: Hilton, AA,, Delta
You can also check www.vacationstogo.com and even TripAdvisor

There are many AI in Cancun and down the coast. It really depends on what your priorities are.

How old are the kids?

Do you want to do anything but stay on the resort? (the main reason for picking an AI is not to go anywhere else)

Are you looking for luxury , mid level or inexpensive? The food quality will correspond to type of AI you pick.
Old Jan 9, 2013, 7:43 pm
Original Poster

If I could do without going anywhere, that would be preferable - so luxury hotels. I will check the websites.
thanks
Old Jan 10, 2013, 5:20 am

Originally Posted by sunrise
If I could do without going anywhere, that would be preferable - so luxury hotels. I will check the websites.
thanks
Then def look at staying in/near the Cancun Hotel Zone. Close to the airport and easy to get to/from. There may be some good options in Playa del Carmen or Tulum but it would take longer to get to them.

You might also look at Cozumel if you can get flights there. Very small so easily managed with kids.
Old Jan 10, 2013, 9:06 am
Original Poster

I was looking at Grand Oasis Cancun and Grand Oasis Palm - but they are 20 minutes from airport. Any suggestion which resort would be closet to airport / city ?
Old Jan 10, 2013, 11:03 am

Originally Posted by sunrise
I was looking at Grand Oasis Cancun and Grand Oasis Palm - but they are 20 minutes from airport. Any suggestion which resort would be closet to airport / city ?
Either of these looks good. 20 minutes from the airport is fine, Both of these are in or near the Hotel Zone.

If your kids are old enough for the kids club probably the Palm since it is billed as their family property. Both look nice!

When you say city are you talking about Cancun or the Hotel Zone? Two very different places. Most tourist stay in the Hotel Zone and eat, shop ect there. You can go into Cancun city proper to the local market by catching a bus from the Hotel Zone. This might be an option if you want to escape the resort for a few hours. But the feature of a luxury AI is to keep you on the property since everything is already paid for.
Old Jan 10, 2013, 11:46 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
A friend of mine stayed at Villa del Palmar Cancún all inclusive (north of downtown and away form the hotel district) and they both loved it. They chose to not go anywhere else during the week they stayed.

Google the property and include the word "packages" or possibly "discounts" to see if anyone is offering a better deal than they might, though some part of that will depend on what time of year you are planning to visit (e.g. Christmas - New Year, as well as "Semana Santa" - Easter and spring break are not likely to get you anything more than huge crowds, high prices and aggravation).
Old Jan 25, 2013, 8:55 am

Programs: UA Gold, AA MM/Gold, Hilton Gold, Sheraton Gold
Last December the Mrs. and I stayed at the Crown Paradise Club for a week. Decent location, decent food, great staff, nice pools and beach. We would stay again. Check Trip Advisor further. Some mixed reviews but then which resort pleases everyone? If you golf, you can play for only the cart fee at the Iberostar course across the street.
Old Jan 25, 2013, 9:14 am

We used to stay in a presidential suite every year at the moon palace (part of palace resorts) and we loved it. I haven't been back in a few years (I think 5-6 years) so I don't know if things have changed but I would def recommend based on past experience. You can also use facilities (pools, restaraunts etc) at the other palace resort props in cancun.
Old Feb 4, 2013, 4:29 pm

I second the Cozumel comment. The surf is a lot more calm and depending upon the age of the kids could be great. Was in Cancun/Cozumel last month and most Cancun beaches were red and pretty scary. Cozumel was much better.
Old Feb 6, 2013, 4:18 pm

Programs: aa
I've been to over 20 all inclusives in mexico if anybody got questions i can help.
Old Feb 6, 2013, 4:19 pm

Originally Posted by RhubarbPie
We used to stay in a presidential suite every year at the moon palace (part of palace resorts) and we loved it. I haven't been back in a few years (I think 5-6 years) so I don't know if things have changed but I would def recommend based on past experience. You can also use facilities (pools, restaraunts etc) at the other palace resort props in cancun.
i was in moon palace last month and its still great a bit of construction but they also added some good things as a wave runner and dolphins.
Old Feb 6, 2013, 4:22 pm

I suggest to get the best price it depends on what hotel you want go to, I usually get the best price through either sky auction or by booking with airfare together.i always get good deals tell me your travel days and ill tell you where to book.
Old Feb 8, 2013, 11:22 pm

My sister just booked the Allegro in Cozumel an AI - two kids 6 and 8. They have a cute water park like pool for the kids.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.