Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Mexico
Reload this Page >

Cabo San Lucas - Recomended All inclusives?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12, 2010, 5:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1MM Premier Gold, DL Gold Medallion, HHonors Gold, Marriot Rewards Gold

Hey there,
We're a couple (32,40) with a 3 yrs old daugther.
We have decided to go for Labor day week to Cabo and have actually reserved a room at the Hilton.
Thinking some more, we thought that it may be a good idea to do an "all inclusive" package rather than staying in the Hilton and paying for every little thing.
There are just too many choices...
What we really want to stick to is a beach without leaving the premasis of the hotel, and a nice room.
We read about the Riu Palace - is it worth the 220$/night?
Any other recomendations?

Thanks in advance....
Old Aug 18, 2010, 8:12 pm

Don't knwo much about the all inclusives, but do know about the Hilton. The Hilton is top notch and above most of the big chain resorts found in North America. It really is a nice property with great rooms and a fantastic experience.

You will probably save money at an all inclusive though I do not know that any of them are at the level of the Hilton. The closest is probably dreams. You would never have to leave the Hilton and there is Melia next door if you want to experiment with dinner.

If you do not do a lot of drinking then maybe Hilton can compete on price. How much is Hilton less than Dreams. If its less by $100 then it might be cheaper anyways.
Old Aug 20, 2010, 4:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1MM Premier Gold, DL Gold Medallion, HHonors Gold, Marriot Rewards Gold
Thank you very much - we decided to stay at the Hiltons.
Is food very expensive there?
Would you recomend renting a car at the airport - we plan on seeing both Los Cabos and Cabo San Lucas....
Is it safe?
Old Aug 20, 2010, 8:06 pm

Originally Posted by rebech34
Thank you very much - we decided to stay at the Hiltons.
Is food very expensive there?
Would you recomend renting a car at the airport - we plan on seeing both Los Cabos and Cabo San Lucas....
Is it safe?
Hotel food is as expensive as comparable US restaurants but not as much as US hotels. i'd say about $20 for an entree at the restaurant. Drinks are kind of expensive though. I think 5 for a coke and 10 for a drink or so. Water is free though. The hotel water is purified.

I would rent a car. Hotel is near nothing as far as walking goes. You can take the hotel shuttle but I don't know how much it is. Cabs are like $20 each way. You can take the public bus for like $2 if you are adventurous. I rented a car and would reccomend that. There is a national car rental at the hotel if you want to rent for only a couple days, but add in $40 each way to the airport and a car is not that expensive.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.