Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Petition against United's new NO Pets in Cabin to Mexico policy

Old May 19, 2012, 9:07 am
Original Poster

good Morning Everyone:
I just created a petition: United Airlines: ACCEPT PETS IN_CABIN GOING INTO AND OUT OF MEXICO, because I care deeply about this very important issue.

I'm trying to collect a minimum of 100 signatures (MORE would be better!), and I could really use your help.

To read more about what I'm trying to do and to sign my petition, (copy & paste):
http://www.change.org/petitions/unit...odTHHKCrpe=d2e

It'll just take a minute!

Once you're done, please ask your friends to sign the petition as well. Grassroots movements succeed because people like you are willing to spread the word!
Old May 24, 2012, 8:30 am

My issue is not wether dogs are allowed in the cabin or not, but that United seems to interpret a rule in a way that does not apply and refuses to let us proceed with our flight the way it has been booked - with a dog in cabin.
Old May 31, 2012, 12:54 pm

Programs: American, United, Mexicana, Continental
I'm opposed to your petition and think that if people truly care about their animals, insead of themselves first, they'll leave the animals at home.

I've seen a message on another web forum today from someone who claims American Airlines has refused to accept a dog-in-the-cabin reservation for a flight from Toronto into Guadalajara (or maybe it was Mexico City). AAs website now says no pets in the cabin for flights to either Hawaii or Mexico.

Last edited by cblaisd; Jun 1, 2012 at 11:46 am Reason: Merged poster's two consecutive posts
Old Jun 1, 2012, 11:42 am

This topic is getting some publicity: http://www.washingtonpost.com/lifest...K4U_story.html

It looks like American Airlines is taking an effort to double check with the Mexican government.
Old Jun 1, 2012, 11:48 am
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Since this is a United Airlines-specific topic, I will move to that forum while leaving a 30-day re-direct in the Mexico forum (and after -- how apt! -- having cleaned up the thread by removing general off-topic discussion of one's beliefs about, reactions to, etc., etc., pets in cabins, their pooping habits, etc., etc.)

cblaisd
Senior Moderator
Old Jun 1, 2012, 12:06 pm

Programs: Random acts of kindness and senseless beauty
As an extreme allergy sufferer, I am opposed to animals in the cabin.
Old Jun 1, 2012, 12:41 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold, USAirways Gold
I like animals, but the new trend of bringing them into the cabin is something I consider rude, disrespectful of other passengers, and silly. Unless you are moving, why does the damn dog have to come with you anyways? They slow down boarding and deplaning, bark, defecate/urinate, and may affect those with allergies. Smoking was banned from planes - why not pets?
Old Jun 1, 2012, 12:46 pm

Programs: Hertz 5*, United Gold (Soon to be gone), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by JC1120
:-:
My vote is to keep pets out of the cabin.
Old Jun 1, 2012, 12:48 pm

Programs: DL-MM-Diamond HH-Diamond
I do not think pets should be flying on a plane unless it is a service animal.
Old Jun 1, 2012, 12:54 pm

What about service animals?
Old Jun 1, 2012, 12:57 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA1MM PLTPRO, Hertz PC, National EXC, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Let's start a petition to SUPPORT and EXPAND the decision not to allow pets in the cabin.
Jrostern likes this.
Old Jun 1, 2012, 1:49 pm

Originally Posted by MR_MAMA
I do not think pets should be flying on a plane unless it is a service animal.
+1
Old Jun 1, 2012, 2:40 pm

instead of petitoning UA you should be directing it to the Mexican government.
Pets are not accepted in the cabin due to the fact animals must be cleared by a customs broker in Mexico which can only be done at cargo terminals, this is applied to all airlines not just UA
Old Jun 1, 2012, 2:55 pm

Programs: UA Gold, United Club, HHonors Diamond, Starwood Gold, Hertz 5 Star
Instead I will sign a petition to ban pets from aircraft altogether, cabin or cargo.

Do what everyone who really cares about their pets does, board them, keep them with family, or drive to your destination.

Pets have no place on an airplane.
Old Jun 1, 2012, 3:12 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Hilton - Diamond, Marriott - Platinum, Home - General Member
Originally Posted by nebinkwe2
good Morning Everyone:
I just created a petition: United Airlines: ACCEPT PETS IN_CABIN GOING INTO AND OUT OF MEXICO, because I care deeply about this very important issue.

I'm trying to collect a minimum of 100 signatures (MORE would be better!), and I could really use your help.

To read more about what I'm trying to do and to sign my petition, (copy & paste):
http://www.change.org/petitions/unit...odTHHKCrpe=d2e

It'll just take a minute!

Once you're done, please ask your friends to sign the petition as well. Grassroots movements succeed because people like you are willing to spread the word!
Just my opinion, but you may have selected the wrong place to garner support for your cause.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.