Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Mexico
Reload this Page >

Xmas Shopping in Nogales

Xmas Shopping in Nogales

Old Nov 27, 2011, 6:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP, A3*S
Xmas Shopping in Nogales

I will find myself driving across the great southwest next week and I'm considering taking a stroll across the border at Nogales to do some Christmas shopping. My two questions are:

Has anyone visited this region recently? How was the daytime security in the walking area close to the border?

How does US Customs feel about, how shall we say, less than authentic designer merchandise being imported in small amounts (<$500) for gifts?
Old Nov 30, 2011, 12:26 pm

Programs: UA, WN, DL, AA, KE, OZ
I have only visited Nogales once, and when we crossed, we witnessed a man who was shot in the hand after an argument. We immediately left the scene and walked as fast as possible away from the situation. This was in the daytime around noon or so, very close to the border. We had just crossed the border and was trying to find a restaurant for lunch.

I have no idea if this is normal for Nogales as I have only been there once. I cross Tijuana often, and I have never witnessed a shooting there nor have I had any problems in the Baja California area. It was probably just sheer luck that I got to see a gunfight in broad daylight, but I'm sure others probably crossed without any excitement.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.