Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Mexico
Reload this Page >

Restaurant Recommendation(s) in Mexico City

Old Jul 25, 2011, 8:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA, BA

Heading to Mexico City for four days at the end of August, and was hoping to get some restaurant recommendations.

I'm open for anything from street meat to high-end, just anything that you think is can't miss.

Thanks!
Old Jul 25, 2011, 12:07 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LTTE/AMB, AmEx Plat, National EE, WN A-List, CLEAR+, Covid-19
We went to MEX Memorial Day weekend on a whim, and it quickly became a new favorite destination (the great JW Marriott upgrade and bumps to F on UA both ways didn't hurt, either ).

We ate in quite a few nice places- I'm mostly posting here as a placeholder 'till I get a chance to look back over my AmEx statement; check back about this time tomorrow (and ping me if I forget). Where will you be staying? We were right near the Campo Del Marte (sp?) and most places we walked to (the furthest was only a couple of KM in most cases, eating while we were out doing other stuff).

One place we went to (I wanna say "Pujol"?) was quite nice, wasn't sure what to expect from it, and IIRC Michelin starred and correspondingly expensive (MXN $4500 )
Old Jul 25, 2011, 12:28 pm

Programs: American, United, Mexicana, Continental
It's a city of about 8.5 million people and tens of thousands of restaurants. You're asking a very broad question, without providing much informaton. We're not mind-readers Chowhound.com is one good spot to stop and look for Mexico City specific restaurant information. The guidebooks, online and in paperback provide reams of information as well. Have a great trip.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.