Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Mexico
Reload this Page >

Travel Safety in Mexico - Interesting Perspective(s)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Travel Safety in Mexico - Interesting Perspective(s)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2013, 10:14 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Being fully informed and making informed decisions - good things for travel.

I'd go to Cabo, Quintana Roo, Yucatán, etc. in a heartbeat.

OTOH, some places I used to go fearlessly and camp in Michoacán or Sinaloa... no way, José. Then again, there are places I would tend to avoid in Los Angeles, San Francisco, New York and District of Columbia areas as well. Or maybe some parts of Tepito in Mexico City...
Old Oct 23, 2013, 8:45 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by VidaNaPraia
Two entirely different situations IMO, apples and oranges.
Correct. We were planning to visit Egypt before the political bottom there fell out. Hopefully it smooths out, and we can visit the there. But definitely not until instability is corrected.

Destination CUN is definitely open book policy in the next 2 or 3 years.. with now the new Hyatt Zilaya IIRC opening, Hyatt Cancun, and Fairmont Mayakoba.. I'm ready to trigger the button for an outstanding stay in the region.

We often fly down to Florida. It wouldn't be that much of a jaunt I imagine to fly down to CUN. Will have to check the flights.
Old Mar 19, 2014, 3:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Once again state of Texas has decided to renew its idiotic travel advice - I guess Padre Island is not the draw it used to be.

http://www.latimes.com/travel/la-trb...#axzz2wQXqF1YF
Old Mar 23, 2014, 2:45 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Rather than consult the Texas Department of Public Safety, which is nonspecific and merely repeats previous years' generalities, please consult the U.S. State Department's site:http://travel.state.gov/content/pass...l-warning.html.

Let's not discuss Texas or other U.S. states here.

JDiver
Senior Moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.