Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Mexico
Reload this Page >

Los angeles to Cancun

Los angeles to Cancun

Old Mar 10, 2011, 11:05 am
Original Poster

Los angeles to Cancun

Anyone know where I can find cheap tix to Cancun from LA? Is it better to buy them closer to the date or the earlier the better. Right now I can find fares for $1000 for two people. Is that a good deal? or should I wait. Any words of wisdom would be appreciated!
Old Mar 12, 2011, 1:07 pm

Programs: Some of them not all ...
I would say it is better to drive to SAN, leave the car there and fly from TIJ to CUN on Volaris, in order to avoid many International Taxes.

I usually fly MEX-TIJ and go often to SAN or LAX on a rental car, because I pay no more than $90 USD all in for my round trip fare with Volaris Airlines.
Old Mar 13, 2011, 8:01 pm

Programs: US C.P.
I don´t believe you can thru fare Volaris from TIJ to CUN. I tried it on their website and it wouldn´t let me. It gets expensive to piece it through MEX. The other drawbacks are that Volaris cancels a lot of flights, which can leave you in TIJ with no flight, and if you leave from TIJ, you have to drive across the border.
Old Mar 22, 2011, 8:48 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver, Hilton Gold, Hertz Pres Circle
It would be helpful if you mentioned when you are travelling.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.