Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Mexico
Reload this Page >

Cheapest Place to buy Bottles of Booze in Cozumel?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2007, 12:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: Enough to Cause a Migraine

I am going on a cruise with Cozumel as one of the ports of call--- I have gone on a cruise to Cozumel, but was unable to buy booze due to crusing with a group that forbid booze to be brought back to the US.

This time, I free to buy booze..... Where's the cheapest place on Cozumel to buy either Jose Cuervo, Kahlua, or a Corona 6 pack? I would assume the duty free cruise entry area may not be the lowest price area on Cozumel to buy it.

Thanks in advance!
Old Mar 12, 2007, 3:17 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, EA
Let me give you some advice. Try Don Ramon tequila. It is way cheaper than cuervo and tastier, IMHO. Corona is one of the cheapest beers in Mexico and should be had for less than 10 pesos per bottle if bought at a store like OXXO which is a Mexican chain of convenience stores not unlike 7-11. They all carry beer and liquor and should be relatively inexpensive.
Old Mar 12, 2007, 3:19 pm

Programs: DL-Dirt Medallion;US-Cast Iron Preferred; HH-Gold; Avis First
I can't speak specifically to Cozumel, but in other places I have been in Mexico, the supermarkets were cheapest.
Old Apr 13, 2007, 8:29 am

After you get off the cruise ship pier, turn right, there is a road that parellels the coast...probably 1/4 mile you'll get to Chedraui supermarket...also a great place to buy whatever (I like going to the grocery stores in foreign countries..definitely gives you a "slice of life"). They have a food court full of yummy and authentic Mexican lunch items, a bakery, etc.
Old Dec 14, 2011, 10:41 am
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by John Galt
After you get off the cruise ship pier, turn right, there is a road that parellels the coast...probably 1/4 mile you'll get to Chedraui supermarket...also a great place to buy whatever (I like going to the grocery stores in foreign countries..definitely gives you a "slice of life"). They have a food court full of yummy and authentic Mexican lunch items, a bakery, etc.
I too love going into markets & grocery stores when traveling to a different country.:-:

Thanks for the suggestion, I think I know where our first stop will be after getting off of the Playa del Carmen to Cozumel ferry^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.