Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Mexico
Reload this Page >

Westin Resort & Spa Cancun vs Hilton Cancun

Old Jan 16, 2010, 1:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: PC Ambassador, UA , HH Gold

I wonder if anyone has stayed in both and advise which is better. I am interested in the RBC room at Westin or Deluxe Ocean View at Hilton.

Thanks for your input in advance.

Frankie
Old Feb 22, 2010, 11:38 am

Programs: 2.96MM DL DM, Hyatt Globalist, AA Plat Pro, UA Silver, HH Lifetime Diamond, Marriott TE
Stayed at the Hilton several times. The Oceanfront rooms are nice. Go for a Jr. Suite if you can. Great sale right now! Staff are wonderful and golf is right across the street. Only drawback is pretty rocky waterfront with surf.
Old Feb 26, 2010, 8:14 pm

Programs: Some of them not all ...
I do not like the Westin Cancun as much as the Hilton, as it is located near the club Med and rooms arent as beautiful as the Hilton rooms. but, I have always been upgraded at the Hilton Cancun to the Villas, so I am biased.

If you want a Westin at CUN, pick the Lagunamar, as I always have wanted to stay there, but I am kind of pro Hilton because of the Gold VIP status I held.
Old Feb 27, 2010, 1:58 pm

Programs: AC-SE100K MM, BA-S HH-D, MB-G LT Sil, IHG-Plt, Nexus, Global Entry
Originally Posted by Aloha1
Stayed at the Hilton several times. The Oceanfront rooms are nice. Go for a Jr. Suite if you can. Great sale right now! Staff are wonderful and golf is right across the street. Only drawback is pretty rocky waterfront with surf.
There are reports in the FT Hilton forum, and on TripAdvisor, that the beach has been rebuilt, and not only in front of the Hilton but north as well. Lots of sand was pumped ashore. I will see for myself in 12 days.
--
13F

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.