Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Mexico
Reload this Page >

Anybody tried Investours while traveling in Puerto Vallarta?

Old May 31, 2011, 10:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat Ambo, HH Gold, Marriott VC AP Owner, AA Plat, UA Silver

I'm heading to Puerto Vallarta for a vacation soon, and my friend's friend told me about this company called Investours that does socially responsible, microfinance tourism in Puerto Vallarta.

Has anybody tried it out? Would love to get some opinions before trying it out myself, though it sounds like a cool travel concept for sociallly conscious travelers.

My friend sent me the below blurb about it, in case anyone's interested:

For conscious travelers going to Puerto Vallarta, Mexico, you should really consider going on an Investour (www.investours.org). Investours is a global non-profit that works in the Bay of Banderas region to pioneer the concept of socially responsible, microfinance tourism. Not only will you learn about life in some of the poorer, surrounding communities, but you will also help a local entrepreneur obtain an interest-free loan to help his/her business. The best part is that you get to engage directly with the entrepreneurs about their business plans and the challenges they face. At the end of the tour, you enjoy a traditionally prepared Mexican meal and choose one of the entrepreneurs to be the recipient of an interest-free loan. It doesn't end there though. Investours partners with a local microfinance organization to offer financial literacy and business training classes to the entrepreneur. They also keep you updated on the entrepreneurs' progress and continue to involve you in their work. The experience is humbling, inspiring and a fresh contrast to the rest of the tour fare in Puerto Vallarta. I definitely urge you all to check them out.

You can see their Tripadvisor page at http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attractio...fic_Coast.html. I think it's only been a few weeks since they've been featured on there but they've climbed up in the ratings pretty quickly. Contact Ryan at puertovallarta[at]investours.org if you want more information.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.