Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Fairfield Inn - extra person in room, extra charge?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2009, 5:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Gold, Hyatt Globalist

I booked a Fairfield Inn stay for an upcoming stay. Originally, I reserved the room for 2 people and have emailed confirmation. When I revised the reservation online to 4 people in the room, the confirmed rate stayed the same. I know most hotels charge an additional pp charge for 3 or 4 adults in a room. Continental breakfast is included.

Does anyone have experience if this is normal, a quirk in the system, or will I get an additional charge when checking in?
Old Aug 27, 2009, 8:01 pm

Programs: LTP, PP
I've never seen an extra charge for additional people while booking my stays (in the US). I've heard here a ($10?) difference in rates between a King and Double bed room at some SHS's. I don't think anything is set in stone Marriott wide and any increases would be property specific. I think you are OK esp with a revised confirmation record. But then again, I never bother to change the # of people whether its me alone or the entire family and I've never been challenged.
Old Aug 28, 2009, 8:08 am

Programs: Marriott LT Gold, IHG Club, Hertz Gold, Aeroplan, Avios, SkyMiles, Thrifty, AMEX
Motel-type properties such as Fairfield Inn rarely have an additional charge for 3rd/4th person in room, especially in the US. This is more common in hotel properties in major cities like NY, although even here it's not an automatic.
Old Aug 28, 2009, 8:26 am

Programs: US Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hertz 5-Star
There are some hotels that do charge for additional people (i.e. 2, 3, 4). There was a post at another forumn (not a Flyer Talk forumn) about hotels charging for additional people.

As a Marriott Reward member for over 11 years and a Marriott Reward Platinum member for several years, I have stayed over 1,000 nights at Marriott brand hotels and I have never noticed or experienced a fee for additional people (sometimes my wife and son travel with me on my business trip). For example, you can book a room for six individuals at a Marriott Residence Inn (2 Bedroom Suite at a Residence Inn will sleep six…two in the queen bed in bedroom # 1, two in the queen bed in bedroom # 2 and two in the sofa bed in the living room) at the same rate as two guests or four guests.

I just went to the Marriott's website and the rate is the same if there was one guest or four guests at a Fairfield Inn, Courtyard, SpringHill Suite and etc.
Old Aug 28, 2009, 8:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
I've mostly observed this at higher end properties - never saw it at an FI or similar property.

Even for the properties where there was a charge, it was only for "adults". I've had my kids in the room (4 total) many, many times without any charges.

I do understand Europe is a different story, and many properties in NYC don't allow more than 2 (and even 2 is a tight fit in some of those rooms).
Old Aug 28, 2009, 8:37 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium (former PP), Hilton Silver, UA Silver, AS Member, Hertz 5*
FS Marriott properties in HI will charge extra for a third adult in one room. I think the extra charge is $35/person/day.
Old Aug 28, 2009, 9:06 am
Original Poster

Thank you for all your insightful responses. I decided to call the hotel directly without mentioning my existing reservation. As most of you have correctly noted about the FI properties, the one I am staying at does not charge an additional pp room fee. On a side note I do find that interesting, not because of the actual stay in thr room, but in essence, they are giving away free continental breakfast for 4 people for the same price as 2. Of course we are not talking about a gourmet breakfast, but interesting nonetheless.
Old Aug 28, 2009, 10:11 am

Programs: Chick-Fil-A Red, Wawa, Red Cross blood donor
FYI...

"Extra adult charge"????????? (rant)

You wouldn't happen to be staying in Baltimore, would you?
Old Aug 28, 2009, 12:30 pm
Original Poster

no, Bloomington, Indiana - but good to know not to head down to Baltimore to the FFI with more then 2 in a room....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.