Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

New guy question re: Visa free night

Old May 7, 2009, 10:35 am
Original Poster

Once the free night shows up in your account history like this:
05/06/09 34A VISA FREE NIGHT CATEGORY 4 0 pts
then what?

Wait for something in the mail?
Do I have to call CS to redeem it?
Or am I missing some way to redeem it online?

Thanks!
Old May 7, 2009, 11:01 am
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; IHG Plat; Hilton Diamond
You can redeem online or via phone call to MR. If you make a reservation where the cert is usable, the system will try and pull that cert, or if you already have a reservation without a cert attached, you should be able to access the reservation online and tell it to use an existing cert.

If you aren't too familar with the online tool, a phone call may be your easiest option, but the online isn't too hard to figure out either (in most cases this is true, but once in while it really is easier and better to just call.)
Old May 7, 2009, 7:47 pm

Remember the certificate is only good for 6 months from the issue date.
Old May 8, 2009, 1:02 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA Silver (Thanks Marriott!), Marriott Lifetime Titanium & Hyatt Globalist
Formerly we used to receive a paper certificate in the mail. Now it's all electronic. Just call Marriott and book the room (they will see the e-cert under your account).

Then if you go and look under your Marriott account at the reservation, it will state You have e-certificate(s) for this reservation..

Hope that helps.
Old May 8, 2009, 1:24 pm
Original Poster

Thanks guys.
Got it figured out, went in and made a dummy reservation & was able to attach the e-cert. thanks again!
Old May 8, 2009, 4:22 pm

Programs: Delta PM 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
I tried to redeem my Category 1-5 Free Night Certificate and I got to where a cert number is requested (which I don't have). I have it in my account but nothing on paper - what do I do guys ...............

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.