Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Non-Commissionable Rate - What does it mean?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2009, 3:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, Hilton Diamond, DL DM & 2MM

I just found a LPR rate at a property that's more then 50% off the regular corporate rate and while the rate rules don't provide any restrictions I did notice when I was completing the reservation on MR it showed a "non-commisionable rate" under the "Noted for your arrival" section.

Anyone know what this means?
Old Apr 14, 2009, 3:34 pm
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
Check out this thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marri...able-rate.html

Basically, if that is the only restriction, then you shouldn't have to worry about the rate.
Old Apr 14, 2009, 8:34 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat Premier, Hilton Diamond, Delta Gold Medallion
If you are a travel agent, don't bother making a reservation ---- You won't get your 10% commission.
Old Feb 24, 2010, 9:35 pm

Programs: Top Tiers for 2013 AA, MR, PC Thanks FT!
Is a group rate, such as for a wedding party, a non-commissionable rate? My reservation confirmation does not indicate that this is the case. I am not a travel agent nor did I make the reservations through a travel agent. I don't want a commission - just want to pay with a gift card.
Old Feb 24, 2010, 11:39 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by dalm
Is a group rate, such as for a wedding party, a non-commissionable rate? My reservation confirmation does not indicate that this is the case. I am not a travel agent nor did I make the reservations through a travel agent. I don't want a commission - just want to pay with a gift card.
If you're not a TA then why would it matter if your group rate is commissionable or not? Shouldn't the correct question be can you use gift cards towards group rates? The answer to that question, it appears, is no based upon the fine print in the gift card T&C:

https://gifts.marriott.com/terms.aspx?type=giftCard

Card cannot be applied to group...rates
Old Feb 25, 2010, 7:00 am

Programs: Top Tiers for 2013 AA, MR, PC Thanks FT!
Thanks. Slightly off topic in this thread (don't know if I should start a new one) but are there differences in the T&Cs for the Travel Card vs. the Gift Card, vs. the Vacation Card....and where would one find the T&Cs relative to each of those.
Old Feb 25, 2010, 9:22 am

Programs: M/R AMBASSADOR/LT/TIT/UASILVER/AAGOLD
Travel/Gift card T/C http://www.marriott.com/incentives/a...iottTravelCard

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.