Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Double Billed - Hotel Won't Return My Calls

Old Dec 5, 2008, 5:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Diamond, Accor Gold, Hyatt Explorist,, Delta Plat,

Hello,
A few weeks ago I stayed at the Dulles Airport Marriott on a Priceline stay. I only needed a room for one night and I didn't want to pay the $239 that Marriott was asking for, Priceline gave me the hotel for $60.

Anywho, when I checked in the clerk mentioned that I had booked with Priceline. When I checked out I was told I didn't get a receipt because i had booked through Priceline and didn't have any incidental charges, so imagine my surprise when I found my Amex had been billed $60 by the hotel.

I've tried to call the hotel many times and am always told that the person that can help will call me back. And, you guessed it, I've never been called back! I've challenged the charge through Amex, but I really can't believe the lack of service from the Dulles Marriott. Is there anyone at corporate I can contact directly to get this taken care of?

Thanks!

Dcstudent
Old Dec 5, 2008, 6:22 am

Programs: AA EXP MM, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Ti, UA Silver
Originally Posted by dcstudent
I've challenged the charge through Amex, but I really can't believe the lack of service from the Dulles Marriott. Is there anyone at corporate I can contact directly to get this taken care of?
IMHO you've done all you need to do simply by challenging the charge. This will get the hotel's attention in due course, and in the interim you're not on the hook for the $60. If you paid the Priceline charges with the same card you're in even better shape since the one CC company has all the details.
Old Dec 5, 2008, 7:33 am

Programs: LTP, PP
While the hotel is clearly dropping the ball here, in past experience if I've had a billing problem noticed after checkout, a call or email to the Marriott Business Services at 866-435-7627 usually takes care of it. They do the legwork and coordination with the hotel for you and are really, really fast.

I had gotten behind on my expense reports and when I went to do them some 6 months hence, I found I was billed for a night after I had checked out and also charged for the internet all week when I used it once. The charges were refunded within hours and without me faxing in proof, they have everything at their fingertips.

Just the best customer service I've seen in a long time...
Old Dec 5, 2008, 10:11 am

Programs: Marriott lifetime Titanium, Delta Platinum
Originally Posted by joshua362
if I've had a billing problem noticed after checkout, a call or email to the Marriott Business Services at 866-435-7627 usually takes care of it. They do the legwork and coordination with the hotel for you and are really, really fast.
Me too. I thing their phone number is on the receipt (and/or the e-mailed version.)
Old Dec 5, 2008, 10:40 am
Suspended

While the hotel is clearly dropping the ball here, in past experience if I've had a billing problem noticed after checkout, a call or email to the Marriott Business Services at 866-435-7627 usually takes care of it. They do the legwork and coordination with the hotel for you and are really, really fast.
and alot easier then taking it up with your CC
Old Dec 5, 2008, 10:47 am

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
I had the opposite experience with the people at that phone number in the last couple weeks. I was faxed the wrong invoices, quoted incorrect information, and left on hold for a half hour when I asked to speak to a supervisor. It was a nightmare.
Old Dec 5, 2008, 12:49 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG Gold
Odd, I've stayed at this property a bunch of times and normally they are better than this.....
Old Dec 5, 2008, 2:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I agree that you've done all you need to do. Call them and then dispute with the CC.
Old Dec 5, 2008, 2:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I had gotten behind on my expense reports

..snip...

some 6 months hence,
My employer would not be happy with that
Old Dec 5, 2008, 4:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Diamond, Accor Gold, Hyatt Explorist,, Delta Plat,
Originally Posted by Cargojon
Odd, I've stayed at this property a bunch of times and normally they are better than this.....
I agree. I've stayed at this property for both Priceline and Paid stays and have never had problems. This is the first time.

Fortunately, my Priceline stay and the bill from Marriott were on my Amex card and Amex's customer service is excellent! I'll also try the phone number given in one of the posts. Thanks for the help.
Old Dec 6, 2008, 12:05 pm

Originally Posted by CJKatl
I had the opposite experience with the people at that phone number in the last couple weeks. I was faxed the wrong invoices, quoted incorrect information, and left on hold for a half hour when I asked to speak to a supervisor. It was a nightmare.
Sorry to here that. Actually I might have done the inquiry I wrote about recently via email. I looked at a recent Marriott bill to get the # for the OP but didn't see a email address. Perhaps its on the electronic receipt only. Given a choice, I much rather deal with any CS via email and cringe when they write back and tell me I have to call them (AMEX comes to mind).
Old Dec 6, 2008, 12:10 pm

Originally Posted by annerj
My employer would not be happy with that
Mine does. That is why I get an email every month asking me for an amount to accrue.

Something about the shoemaker's children going barefoot.

I'm a CPA in tight with the accounting/finance group of a 2 Billion a year corp. My boss, the CFO is even worse. Something about playing with other's money all day long gives you a low priority when it comes filling out forms for yours, I can't explain it...
Old Dec 8, 2008, 12:37 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, HH Gold, AA Lifetime Gold, United Silver, BA Gold
If you got double charged on the AMEX, then the best and easiest solution is to dispute with AMEX. AMEX is the best CC company out there for such issues. Visa and Mastercard will make u fill a dozen forms and then want every copy of everything via snail mail. It takes abt a month to just finish thru their red tape. As for AMEX, I am one of its most faithful customers. IF I was you, I would not evern spend another minute calling the Hotel.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.