Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Can Marriott Gift Cards be used at Ritz Carltons?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29, 2008, 12:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, UA Silver, Hertz 5*

Since there arent any regular marriott's in jamaica and the rates at the Ritz look pretty good (199/night for room only) I was thinking of doing a weekend stay at out there.
Since I have a bunch of Marriott gift cards (using the 10% off promo), am wondering if they would be accepted for even greater savings.

Speaking of which, any comments about the Ritz Carlton in Jamaica from folks who may have stayed recently
Old Sep 29, 2008, 5:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
they can not be used at RZ
Old Sep 30, 2008, 7:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, UA Silver, Hertz 5*
How about the Marriott Visa Card? Does it net 5 pts/$?

I've seen posts here that said that some Marriott's also dont earn 5pts/$. I'm guessing the RC wouldnt either but would love if someone could chime in if it does.
Old Nov 12, 2010, 8:27 am

Any changes regarding use of Marriott GiftCards at Ritz-Carlton?

With the changes recently regarding Marriott/Ritz-Carlton Rewards, are Marriott GiftCards able to be used at Ritz-Carltons? Also, does using the Marriott Platinum Visa Card at a Ritz-Carlton provide the five points per dollar?
Old Nov 12, 2010, 9:21 am

Programs: DL GM, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by ral1
With the changes recently regarding Marriott/Ritz-Carlton Rewards, are Marriott GiftCards able to be used at Ritz-Carltons? Also, does using the Marriott Platinum Visa Card at a Ritz-Carlton provide the five points per dollar?
As last reported by Marriott Concierge, RC has it's own branded gift cards and gift certificate products, so I'm assuming Marriott gift cards will not be accepted at RC properties. I'm still hoping that at some point, with the inclusion in the Marriott Rewards program, there will be a points redemption option for $1000 RC gift cheques, or the Marriott cheques will be accepted, but I'm not holding my breath.
Old Nov 12, 2010, 3:45 pm

Programs: Marriott lifetime Titanium, Delta Platinum
Was told at a Ritz last week, that Mariott gift cards were not accepted.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.