Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in or near London Heathrow Airport

Old Mar 29, 2017, 9:19 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RobOnLI
The free bus zone at LHR was ended in 2021. All buses charge a local fare now which is still half off the usual Hoppa rate (or more). Take bus 105, 111 or 140 down Bath Road to get to most Marriott properties at LHR.

https://www.heathrow.com/content/dam...d_Heathrow.pdf
Print Wikipost

Old Sep 16, 2006, 12:09 am
Original Poster

Location: In a plane over Europe; I mean in the back of a plane over Europe !!!
Programs: HHonors, Scandic, Priority Club, Marriott, AF/KL FB, BAEC, AB TB, LH M&M

I just checked out from the Marriott hotel near London Heathrow and I'm typing this post from the BA T1 lounge (thanks AA for the Plat challenge ).

I wished to add my comment to an existing review but
Originally Posted by system error trying to perform a query
Network Error (tcp_error)

A communication error occurred: ""
The Web Server may be down, too busy, or experiencing other problems preventing it from responding to requests. You may wish to try again at a later time.

For assistance, contact your network support team.
It was my first time at the Marriott LHR airport hotel, my past stays were all at the Renaissance one. Yes, nice view of the landstrip from the Exec. Lounge but nothing more. Here I was surprised:
first I tried to save a bit (from my own pocket) and I gave a try to the free bus transfer. From the platform where the stands 18-20 are located, I waited for the first between 105*, 140*, 555** and 557**.
[* every 10-12 minutes, ** every hour]. It was easy, perhaps I 'disembarked' too early but it was a nice walk, and yes, if you are sure of the bus stop is almost in front of the hotel. And here you go dear hoppaBus or taxidriver who say that 10 GBP is not enough ! A bit of a crowd but with 4 check in desks it was quick. As a Marriott Platinum I got free access to the lounge and I eat a few appetizers like watermelon bits with a slice of ham, warm rice with fish and the usual mix of green salad. No reason to go and visit the two resturants (as Plat, I was informed of a 10% off... good for the tip). If in a really cash driven mode, a McDonald is near the hotel, you need to pass over the Radisson Edwardian whatever.

Heath center, nice one and by the way I never saw so many good looking women in a gym. Usually in an hotel gym you see just one and the look is up to your luck. In a Renaissance in Paris, once I saw one wearing a beauty mask in the steaming room it was a bit scary. Well, I presume they were crew member from Emirates due to a few T-shirts I noticed. The swimming pool was ok, perhaps feeling a bit too cold after the sauna, steaming room and jacuzzi.

The room was OK, no separate shower but a thick bathrobe and Aromatherapy products. And I got two complimentary bottles of water int he room and no, I chosed the 500 points as Plat gift. The only two missing point were the in room safe (well, there was none !) and the phones. I called the emergency line because.... no phone mask at all. I used my Marriott menory and I easily located the hand free button, so I picked the second one and so I was informed it as the emergency number when I spoke with the operator. Anyway, I apologized and I told about the 'blank' buttons so anyway a nasty wake up call was arranged. Why nasty ? Because of the hour ! 5:00 am

At check out, I saw the hoppaBus just outside so I asked to ahev a ticket and to charge it to the room and yes, I was able to get both (ticket and bus). After the Marriott it stopped only at the Sheraton and then dirctly to T1. Not too bad. By the way, I discover that the rate is now 4 GBP. I thought a ***** at 3 GBP but now it *****+.

My final suggestion: go for the Marriott and ask directly at the check in desk for a wake up call !
Old Nov 26, 2006, 10:36 am

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
Bus terminal

Just read your post and others on a different thread (LHR MR vs Ren). Thanks for the info which will come in handy for my Dec 5 stay (also first time at MR LHR).
Where exactly is the bus terminal (free bus ride to hotel) your were referring to, with respect to arrivval level at T3? Thanks
Old Nov 26, 2006, 1:25 pm
stc

Programs: DL 2MM Gold, AA Plat Pro; Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium (via SPG), IHG Plat
Originally Posted by allset2travel
Just read your post and others on a different thread (LHR MR vs Ren). Thanks for the info which will come in handy for my Dec 5 stay (also first time at MR LHR).
Where exactly is the bus terminal (free bus ride to hotel) your were referring to, with respect to arrivval level at T3? Thanks
It leaves from the Central Bus Station. Follow the signs. Stand 18 IIRC (but check). Bus 285 will do it.
Old Nov 26, 2006, 3:23 pm

Programs: AS MVP, WN A-List+ UA Silver, HH <>, National EE, WoH Globalist
Originally Posted by stc
It leaves from the Central Bus Station. Follow the signs. Stand 18 IIRC (but check). Bus 285 will do it.
^
Thanks! I'll be there on 12/2 - now I know what to look for!
Old Nov 26, 2006, 5:54 pm

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
stc,
Thanks for the bus info.
Old Nov 26, 2006, 8:37 pm

Programs: UA MM Gold, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by flyinryan
^
Thanks! I'll be there on 12/2 - now I know what to look for!
I'm going to be staying at the LHR Marriott on 12/2 also. Was debating between the Marriott and the Ren - and decided on the Marriott. Staying one night on a PHL-LAX-LHR-LAX-PHL mileage run.
Old Nov 26, 2006, 8:52 pm

Programs: AS MVP, WN A-List+ UA Silver, HH <>, National EE, WoH Globalist
Originally Posted by JeepGuyDE
I'm going to be staying at the LHR Marriott on 12/2 also. Was debating between the Marriott and the Ren - and decided on the Marriott. Staying one night on a PHL-LAX-LHR-LAX-PHL mileage run.
YGPM ^
Old Aug 21, 2007, 8:17 pm
Moderator, Hertz; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1MM, BA GGL, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond and others
So then bus 285 goes in front of the marriott? Thats nice!
Old Aug 22, 2007, 6:11 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Gold, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
THe following buses, from stands 18, 19 and 20 (which are all together) all stop outside the LHR Marriott. You shouldn't wait more than a few minutes.

You'll pass the Renaissance on your right, then a McDonald's on the left, and it's the bus stop after that.

To return to the airport from the Marriott, head left out of the hotel, cross the road at the junction (about 100 yards) to the bus stop, and the same list of buses will return you to the LHR central bus station. I think the only bus that doesn't go the airport from here is the 222, so avoid that one
Old Aug 22, 2007, 6:44 am
stc

Programs: DL 2MM Gold, AA Plat Pro; Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium (via SPG), IHG Plat
Originally Posted by mickeypops
THe following buses, from stands 18, 19 and 20 (which are all together) all stop outside the LHR Marriott. You shouldn't wait more than a few minutes.

You'll pass the Renaissance on your right, then a McDonald's on the left, and it's the bus stop after that.

To return to the airport from the Marriott, head left out of the hotel, cross the road at the junction (about 100 yards) to the bus stop, and the same list of buses will return you to the LHR central bus station. I think the only bus that doesn't go the airport from here is the 222, so avoid that one
When getting on at Heathrow, it is sometimes necessary to tell the driver that you are going to Marriott / Sheraton / whatever so that he knows he plan to get off within the "free-flow" zone.

On the return all of the buses at that stop (Harlington Corner) which go to Heathrow should be free and there is generally no need to announce your destination.

Similarly if you get on at the stop you got off on the way to the hotel, some of the buses (285, 555, 556, 557, and ???) will take you to Hatton Cross Tube Station for free.
Old Aug 22, 2007, 6:59 am
glg

Just a small add to the directions for a newbie (as I was one last summer following these directions). There are escalators up to the bus station opposite the entrance to the tube station when you're in the underground walkway between terminals. When you get to the top, go into the central bus terminal and walk through it (that's where you buy tickets for intercity busses and the like, you're just taking a local bus). When you get out the other side, you'll see the stands 18-20 as mentioned. I found the whole thing to be a pretty easy.

As far as knowing what stop to get off at, I was riding at a not-too-busy time and just asked the driver. He announced the stop for me when we got there. It's almost directly in front of the hotel.
Old Aug 24, 2007, 10:19 am

Coming from LGW to LHR, what terminal would be the best to get off at? 1 (for 1&2)?
Old Aug 24, 2007, 12:55 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
If you're trying to catch the free busses to the Marriott, then T2. How are you getting to LHR from LGW? If it's a combo of tubes or trains (ie, if you're on the Picadilly line), then as you exit the Pic line at LHR just head upstairs on escalator or elevator to the bus stands. If you're doing a bus/coach from LGW to LHR, they'll deposit you in the overall bus area as that's the staging area for private & public busses, so just go to the appropriate stand.

Cheers.
Old Aug 24, 2007, 3:23 pm

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
If you're trying to catch the free busses to the Marriott, then T2. How are you getting to LHR from LGW? If it's a combo of tubes or trains (ie, if you're on the Picadilly line), then as you exit the Pic line at LHR just head upstairs on escalator or elevator to the bus stands. If you're doing a bus/coach from LGW to LHR, they'll deposit you in the overall bus area as that's the staging area for private & public busses, so just go to the appropriate stand.

Cheers.

Bus from LGW.
Any good bus service, or is it just 1 (from LGW)?
Old Aug 24, 2007, 3:51 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
National Express runs from LGW to LHR.

http://www.nationalexpress.com/desti...ndex.cfm?t=air

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.