Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in London, UK

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in London, UK

Old May 12, 2002, 7:09 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott Lifetime / Annual Titanium; Massively Missing Starwood
Just got back from the County Hall. The only draw back was location...had to cross Westminster Bridge to get to the tube. The up side was the view...incredible view. The hotel is beautiful inside. We were on points and upgrade for 25#/night...not a bad deal. With the tube a five minute walk across the bridge, I don't see how you could go wrong.
Old May 14, 2002, 8:54 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, AA Plat MM
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by UpgradeMe:
I was not surprised to be offered the L50/night concierge upgrade</font>
50 pounds per night seems a bit steep when County Hall charges much less. Was this for a suite or just a regular room with lounge access? I was hoping to upgrade my upcoming award stay at Chancery Court.
Old May 15, 2002, 7:05 am

The 50 pound offer was simply descirbed as a room on the club floor with lounge access. Since I was not interested, I did not pursue any details.
Old Nov 18, 2002, 11:41 am

Programs: AA lifetime gold, Marriott Plat.
which London Marriott?

I am going to surprise my son who will be travelling around Europe,returning to the states from Heathrow, with a couple of nights reward stays in London. He is a law student and will be dressed quite casually while travelling on the cheap. Which Marriott will he feel comfortable in considering location,age etc? Thanks
Old Nov 18, 2002, 11:58 am

There are several threads comparing London Marriotts. I prefer Marriott County Hall. It is a great property located right across from Big Ben and close to two tube stations. If you do a search, you will find other opinions and alternatives.
Old Nov 18, 2002, 12:34 pm

I would suggest the new Park Lane. Although it is a bit posh, it is the closest of all the hotels to any sort of "action." Oxford Street is always crowded and there are various stores, cheap places to eat, movie theaters, etc. It is also right on top of the Central Line for the tube.
Old Nov 18, 2002, 8:19 pm

Book a Thames-view room at County Hall.
Old Nov 19, 2002, 6:24 pm

Programs: AA MARRIOTT Lifetime Plat Premier ; Marriott Vacation Club
I would suggest either County Hall or the Renaissance Chancery Court.

County Hall is located right on the Thames River directly across from Big Ben. A river view room upgrade would cost $30/night, well worth it.

County Hall is minutes away from Big Ben and Parliament. Closest tube station is Westminster ( Circle and District Lines ).

Chancery is on High Holborn St. near the west end, just minutes from the theater district, Soho, and the British Museum. Nearest tube is Holborn ( Central and Piccadilly Lines )

County Hall with Big Ben out the window was wonderful. But I preferred Chancery because it had just a bit more warmth and ambiance. But both hotels are first rate Marriott properties.

Be warned, London is expense and breakfasts at the hotels run inexcess of $25 for a hot buffet.

Have a great time.

Barry
Old Nov 19, 2002, 8:47 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA- Lifetime Platinum; Marriott - Lifetime Platinum: Starwood - Gold; IHG - Platinum
Love the County Hall! Have stayed there a few times. Very convenient. There is a McDonald's below it which is great for breakfast. Do a search and you will find lots of info.
Old Nov 22, 2002, 11:28 pm

Programs: Delta GM, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Marriott Silver
Wife and I stayed at County Hall in'99 and loved it. Son and I stayed at Chancery Court in '01 and thought it was very nice as well. I would probably lean toward the County Hall but either is a very enjoyable choice.

Hi Andrea!!
Old Dec 9, 2002, 6:34 pm

Programs: UA plat (1 mm miler) ; AA plat (2 mm miler); Marriott lifetime Titanium
Any reports yet on the Park Lane?

I'm trying to decide between the Park Lane and Chancery Court for a long weekend vacation with my wife in February. Would appreciate any input.
Old Dec 9, 2002, 6:56 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, AA Plat MM
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by jtrader:
I'm trying to decide between the Park Lane and Chancery Court for a long weekend vacation with my wife in February. Would appreciate any input.</font>
The Chancery Court is very nice. We enjoyed our stay there.
Old Feb 2, 2003, 1:18 pm

Programs: Island DOs, very sticky toffee pud w vanilla ice cream n multi-coloured velvet pillows enthusiast
Am staying at Chancery Court right now. Very posh and nice hotel. Staff is friendly and go-out-of-their-way helpful.

I love the location as well, one block from the Holborn station (Picadilly Line), and bus-stop right out front. Would definitely stay here with my family next time.

Old Feb 3, 2003, 8:18 pm

Programs: UA plat (1 mm miler) ; AA plat (2 mm miler); Marriott lifetime Titanium
Finally decided to stay at Chancery Court (this weekend). Deciding factor is the closure for the next two weeks of the Central underground line. Would make it difficult to get from Park Lane to West End and Covent Garden (or anywhere else).

So far, the concierge staff at the Chancery Court has been great, helping with advance reservations.

Any suggestions on what to tip the concierge for making some dinner reservations and theater ticket bookings? More than one concierge is involved...how does one handle it?
Old Feb 4, 2003, 9:05 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Grosvenor Square Marriott in Mayfair is nice - also close to Oxford St (shopping), Soho, theatre district, etc. Bond St tube stop 5-minute walk. I normally stay at GSM when in town, and have also stayed at the County Hall Marriott, which is quite nice as well (long hallways though!). I'm staying at the Marble Arch Marriott on an upcoming trip. Anyone had any experience there?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.