Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in London, UK

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in London, UK

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27, 2016, 3:15 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, United Silver, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by HookEm
Where is the launderette you speak of? I assume it has coin-operated washers and dryers?
Doing online research, I found the following launderette (laundromat). I have absolutely no personal experience with this launderette, but I'm willing to give it a try.

Lila's Launderette
11 Seymour Pl
London W1H 5AN, UK

It seems Lila's Launderette does not have a website, but here's a yellow pages entry (with photos of coin-op machines):

https://www.yell.com/biz/lila-s-laun...ondon-6582982/

Using streetview in Google Maps, I confirmed that Lila's was in operation in October 2015. I assume it's still in business.

The Marriott properties in Central London offer laundry service, but not self-service coin-op machines. There are also local laundry services that charge less the hotel prices. But if you want to control your own clothes from start to finish, you need coin-op machines.

Last edited by Horace; Jun 30, 2016 at 10:00 am
Old Jul 12, 2016, 3:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Just finished another great stay at the Marriott Grosvenor Square in London. We paid UK160 per night to upgrade a standard room award to a 1BR suite, and it was well worth the money. Even as Plat I never saw one of these rooms - plenty of space for a family of 4.

I don't see a link for GS reviews so maybe I will start a new thread when I have a chaince.

FYI regarding laundry I can no longer recommend Blancs on George Street. Although the price is very good (compared to dry cleaners) they did not have my clothes ready on the day promised (Tuesday eve) as the laundry is now done offsite. We were finally able to pick them up at 9am Thursday, but it made for a very stressful experience as we were departing on Eurostar at 11:30am.

So I'm back to square one on my search for a full serve reliable laundry with quick turnaround ...
Old Jul 27, 2016, 11:09 am

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
Which London hotel for new years?

Which London hotel would be best for new years?
Old Jul 27, 2016, 1:10 pm

Programs: UA GS 1.7MM, AA 2.1MM, EK, BA, SQ, CX, Marriot LT, Accor P
Originally Posted by hiima
Which London hotel would be best for new years?
That's a really tough type of question and hard to answer without knowing what you are looking for - party all night?, quiet retreat?, Shopping?... For me - The County Hall Marriott would be the place to be as the fireworks and many parties are literally right at the London Eye - couldn't get a better view!

Last edited by bmwe92fan; Jul 27, 2016 at 2:00 pm
Old Jul 27, 2016, 1:49 pm

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
Originally Posted by bmwe92fan
That's a really tough type of question and hard to answer without knowing what you are looking for - party all night?, quite retreat?, Shopping?... For me - The County Hall Marriott would be the place to be as the fireworks and many parties are literally right at the London Eye - couldn't get a better view!
Party all night type. Good tube access. Central location.

Just checked out county hall and NYE is 700 GBP! 😱 understandably so.

I'll have the park lane booked for now until I decide. I'll be booking with points most likely too.
Old Jul 27, 2016, 2:07 pm

Programs: UA GS 1.7MM, AA 2.1MM, EK, BA, SQ, CX, Marriot LT, Accor P

I'll have the park lane booked for now until I decide. I'll be booking with points most likely too.
Yeah that's a bummer but expected. To be honest - my favorite hotel in London (besides the Langham) is a boutique hotel called No. 11 Cadogan Gardens - their rates are decent for NYE - check it out and maybe use some Amex points or something... Such a cool old-style hotel with poster beds and afternoon tea....
Old Jul 27, 2016, 7:18 pm

Programs: UA Life Gold, Marriott Life Titanium

It will be dark by 4:00 PM and the sun won't be up until after 8:00 AM, so be careful what you wish for
Old Jul 27, 2016, 9:25 pm

Originally Posted by catocony
It will be dark by 4:00 PM and the sun won't be up until after 8:00 AM, so be careful what you wish for
Perfectly fine by me. I'm willing to party all night in Tromso...
Old Aug 22, 2016, 11:38 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, US Gold
Best London property for a family vacation?

Hoping to use a travel package certificate for a week in London next year for a family of five. Looking for convenience over luxury or perks. Any suggestions?
Old Aug 22, 2016, 2:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bubba99
Hoping to use a travel package certificate for a week in London next year for a family of five. Looking for convenience over luxury or perks. Any suggestions?
Are you trying to put all 5 in one room?
Old Aug 23, 2016, 8:45 pm

Programs: MR rewards
The kensigton suite 304 at the marriott kensigton its more than enogh for 5 adults with 1.5 bath stayed for 10 nights this summer pay 3600 GBP we was 2 adult and 2 children we have good time , you can also stay at the joniour suite or the familly room they are fine ..
Old Aug 24, 2016, 8:04 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Some properties have "family rooms", although I'm not sure they're available for standard redemptions.

Cheers.
Old Aug 24, 2016, 10:38 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, VS Red, HH Gold, IHG Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG Basic, Alitalia Status Match
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Some properties have "family rooms", although I'm not sure they're available for standard redemptions.

Cheers.
I have redeemed (40k points + £50) at St. Ermin's for a family of 4. It's a nice hotel in a great location for Buckingham Palace and the Houses of Parliament. As Gold, got upgraded from a Family Room and all 4 of us got free breakfast .
Old Sep 30, 2016, 4:00 pm

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
We have a recent report that CH is enforcing the elite+1 & charging for children, so factor that in as well. The renovations would be enough to turn me off the place since they seem to be rather intrusive. Don't think we've had reports of family stay at StE yet, so if by chance you do end up staying there please post a report in the StE property thread.

Cheers.
Would be interested to hear an update here in the elite + 1 for CH.

Staying at County Hall in November with my family of 5. (Yes we have 2 rooms, but only I am platinum, no status for my wife).
Old Oct 1, 2016, 3:33 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, DL Silver, AA Gold, UA Silver
London with 2 young kids

I'm looking into an upcoming trip to London with a family of 4. The kids will be 6 and 4 at the time of travel. I'm SPG Platinum so with the new program linking (haven't actually linked yet), I would be Marriott Platinum. My plan is to redeem a 7-day travel package for the stay. We'll be riding the tube a lot so being close to a station is important. I imagine we'll be out and about a lot so a nicer executive lounge is not so critical.

Most standard redemptions for properties I've researched don't accommodate 4 people so looks like I'll need to pay some amount of upcharge. I'd like to keep that to 100 GBP per night or less. It seems that mostly rooms with 2 doubles can accommodate 4 people. If that is the case, seems that Grosvenor Square and St. Ermin have options for points redemptions that meet the above criteria.

We've fit in rooms before with a king bed with sofa bed with no problem. There are more options with that room configuration but they tend to list occupancy as limited to 3 people. Will we have an issue trying to check in to one of those rooms? I know in Europe, hotels are a more stringent about that.

Any other options that I should consider?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.