La Concha, A Renaissance Resort

Old Mar 19, 2008, 2:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Premier Silver, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Silver
Post La Concha, A Renaissance Resort

I will post pictures later once I have uploaded them to my computer.

Overall this hotel is very mediocre, at best and should not be called a resort. I had a problem with the A/C as noted in another thread however that problem was minimal compared to my entire experience at this resort. I was able to experience a room without an ocean view as well as one with the view. I would recommend getting the cheaper room w/o the view for two reasons. One is that the room size is substantially bigger and two is that housekeeping comes much earlier. In the ocean view room housekeeping comes between 4:30-6:30. The onsite restaurant, Level 25, is horrible and I do not recommend anyone trying it. It was $100 for just me and I had only a salad and an entrée with no alcohol. The resort has 2 pools which are both very small and seem to be here just so they can say they have pools. The surroundings of the hotel seem very third-worldish and not attractive at all; I would not walk around after dark. Additionally, the waters are VERY rough in this particular area of San Juan which make it hard for kids to have fun in the ocean. Currently the hotel has only two working elevators which work at a very slow pace. If I visit SJU again, I will be staying at the other Marriott or the Caribe Hilton which are both much nice than this resort.

Last edited by OPFlyer; Mar 19, 2008 at 4:34 pm Reason: correct housekeeping time
Old Mar 22, 2008, 7:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Premier Silver, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Silver
View from room

View from room

Ocean

Toilet

Sink

Bed

TV Area

Shower

Coffee machine

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.