Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Place your request finding a LNF rate

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Place your request finding a LNF rate

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11, 2014, 8:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by familyoutdoors
I'm not sure exactly how this works or where to best post(sorry ).
I'm traveling with my hubby Jan 16-17th, 1015. Need hotel LAX (with shuttle) cheap as possible.

From Marriott website I came up with:
Renaissance Los Angeles Airport Hotel $129

Courtyard Los Angeles LAX $139

Courtyard Los Angeles El Segundo $129
(BTW, son's employee discount doesn't work on any of these properties or makes the price jump way up!)

I'm not partial to any one brand. I just need the airport shuttle and a nice stay before our cruise. We are presently book at La Quinta LAX for $72.25 ($83.45 total)
Moderator: if you feel this post needs to be moved, please move it.
Thank you!!!!!!!
I'm not clear what you're looking for. Do you care if breakfast is included or not? If you're eating breakfast at the hotel, the breakfast cost could be different by dozens of dollars between one brand and another. Also, do you have Marriott status?

La Quinta gives free (though not fancy) breakfast to all. Courtyard does not give free breakfast to anyone (not even Marriott Platinum).

Similarly, do you need wifi? That'll be free for all at La Quinta, while paid (for non-elites) at several of the Marriott brands.\

This thread is for for people who specifically want Marriott properties (because of elite status, or because of promos, or whatever reason), but at the lowest rate possible. It's not for finding the lowest across all brands, Marriott or not. That would the Hotel Deals forum probably:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hotel-deals-607/

LNF (if you're not familiar with it) is Marriott's "Best Rate Guarantee" program (which they call "Look No Further"). Here's a thread that explains it much further:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marri...rsion-brg.html

There's another thread that shows LNF successes, and in that thread there was this post the other day, which about the best rate I recall seeing for a Marriott property around LAX recently:

Originally Posted by frenchie2
Last night I filed another two claims for two separate reservations of the same date (under different names), and both were approved!

Marriott hotel name: Los Angelas Marriott Airport
Check-in date: 12/19/14
Check-out date: 12/20/14
Marriott rate reserved: 99.00 (exclude tax)
Currency: USD
Lower rate found or reserved: 94(exclude tax )
Currency: USD
LNF Rate: $70
(But just because someone found it for that date doesn't guarantee you can find it for your date. But it may be a useful benchmark at least.)

But that's just $2.25 below what you got at La Qunita, so what I said above applies (if you prefer Marriott, that's great, but if you have no status, the Marriott brand will nickel & dime you while La Quinta won't).
Old Oct 11, 2014, 8:29 am
In memoriam

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, IHG Spire, UA Silver, Dennis The Menace Fan Club
I want to book the Philadelphia Marriott and am ready to commit, but an wondering wether the rate can be bettered.

i used to do very well with LNF but for the past few years have had nothing but rejections, mainly claiming currency variations (by 10%??) or claims that the site I located is some kind of club.

So, to you experts out there, looking for a rate for the Philadelphia Marriott Downtown 30th Oct to 3rd Nov for a twin bedded room, current advance purchase rate is $696 (not inc taxes)
Old Oct 11, 2014, 8:54 am

Programs: MR & SPG Plat, BA Silver, AA Gold, UA Silver
Planning a trip to Seattle 10/17-10/20. I've run all the promo codes on the wiki and it actually is more expensive than the straight Marriott search. I'm interested in 3 properties:

1) Courtyard Seattle Downtown (best rate $159)
2) Renaissance Seattle Hotel (best rate $159)
3) Seattle Marriott Waterfront (best rate $209)

Can anyone find better?
Old Oct 12, 2014, 7:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BrightlyBob
I want to book the Philadelphia Marriott and am ready to commit, but an wondering wether the rate can be bettered.

i used to do very well with LNF but for the past few years have had nothing but rejections, mainly claiming currency variations (by 10%??) or claims that the site I located is some kind of club.

So, to you experts out there, looking for a rate for the Philadelphia Marriott Downtown 30th Oct to 3rd Nov for a twin bedded room, current advance purchase rate is $696 (not inc taxes)
That's a very confusing way of explaining the rate. It doesn't help to know the total for most LNF sites (plus you didn't explain it was the total; I thought it was a very expensive nightly rate until I looked it up myself!). What matters is that t's $179/night for the first 2 nights and the last night, and $159/night for the third night.

Anyway, you've got PM.
Old Oct 12, 2014, 6:01 pm

Originally Posted by BrightlyBob

I never look at the advanced payment rate when I look for LNF opportunity. I compare the lowest refundable rate on Marriott website to the refundable rates on competing site. Always compare the nightly rate, not the total.

Anyway, I found a possibility and will PM you.
Old Oct 18, 2014, 7:44 am

I'm looking at the Ritz in St Thomas from 5/14 to 5/21. $439/night! (ouch)

Total cash rate 3,073.00
Resort fee 434.00
Estimated government taxes and fees 307.30
Total for stay 3,814.30 USD

Thanks for any help.
Old Oct 18, 2014, 7:46 am

Originally Posted by BillyFlyer
I'm looking at the Ritz in St Thomas from 5/14 to 5/21. $439/night! (ouch)

Total cash rate 3,073.00
Resort fee 434.00
Estimated government taxes and fees 307.30
Total for stay 3,814.30 USD

Thanks for any help.
Not sure, but I don't think LNF apply for the Ritz properties.
Old Oct 18, 2014, 9:51 am
KRS

The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to the following brands: The Ritz-Carlton, Bulgari, Edition, Protea and African Pride.
https://www.marriott.com/hotel-prices/travel.mi
Old Oct 18, 2014, 10:03 am

Programs: AA Gold, IHG Platinum
Request removed

Last edited by davidwu; Oct 18, 2014 at 11:50 am
Old Oct 19, 2014, 10:21 am

Programs: US Airways Dividend Miles
I'm looking for a sub $100 Marriott hotel for Washington DC and surrounding regions (best if near mclean, VA):

Checkin - Tonight Oct 19
Checkout - Tomorrow Oct 20
Area - Washington DC and surrounding regions

Can anyone help me find something?

Thanks
Old Oct 19, 2014, 6:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by libbrichus
I'm looking for a sub $100 Marriott hotel for Washington DC and surrounding regions (best if near mclean, VA):

Checkin - Tonight Oct 19
Checkout - Tomorrow Oct 20
Area - Washington DC and surrounding regions

Can anyone help me find something?

Thanks
No. LNFs have to filed at least 24 hours in advance, so you can't possibly get an LNF for a check-in tonight.
Old Oct 20, 2014, 8:13 am

Originally Posted by sdsearch
No. LNFs have to filed at least 24 hours in advance, so you can't possibly get an LNF for a check-in tonight.
Seems like the Marriott site says they can be submitted on the day of arrival:

"To ensure processing of your claim in time for your arrival, claims must be submitted no later than 11:59 p.m. for same-day arrivals on the same day of the claim."
Old Oct 21, 2014, 7:02 am

Hi,

Can anyone help me find a LNF rate for any of the higher tier Marriott chain hotels in San Francisco around the June 4-9, 2015 (dates semi-flexible) time frame? Anything by Fisherman's Wharf or Union Square, etc would be good.

I didn't realize SFO was such an expensive city and I don't have enough points to book as everything is Category 8.

Many thanks.
Old Oct 21, 2014, 8:48 am

Programs: status free since 2017
Originally Posted by Stock R
Hi,

Can anyone help me find a LNF rate for any of the higher tier Marriott chain hotels in San Francisco around the June 4-9, 2015 (dates semi-flexible) time frame? Anything by Fisherman's Wharf or Union Square, etc would be good.

I didn't realize SFO was such an expensive city and I don't have enough points to book as everything is Category 8.

Many thanks.
You have to provide with dates and current rate for requesting LNF help. Otherwise you are just asking others to fish for the best rate.
Old Oct 21, 2014, 9:39 am

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium
Hi All,
I'm looking for 2 rooms in central London from Nov 9 - 15, for under 150 GBP per room per night. Everything I have looked at gives me the same price as Marriott.com. Any help would be gratefully accepted!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.