Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Lifetime Marriott Rewards elite status (Pre-Merge 2018 and earlier)

Old Sep 11, 2014, 3:57 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FindAWay
Lifetime points are missing from the profile section of the website and show as 0 in the Marriott mobile app. However, you may be able to use the work-around referenced in this blog post to see your current Lifetime Points.

You can still view your lifetime points online with the following steps:
  1. Go to www.marriott.com and login
  2. Go to https://www.marriott.com/rewards/rewards-program.mi
  3. Click "Nights"
See screenshot of what to click.

If you call Marriott they can also tell you your lifetime points balance.

http://www.marriott.com/marriott/rew...te-benefits.mi As of 20 May, this process does not work. There is no link called "Night Detail" on this page.

To check lifetime balances: (HT to txpenny)
1. Click "Night Detail".
2. Click "Learn More" (under the night total)
3. Click "Marriott Rewards Overview". At this point you're probably no longer logged in (because you've been thrown to an older version of the Marriott website), so log in again.
4. Click "Nights" under your current year's nights. -> The detail you're expecting showing LT nights and points will show up like before.

Lifetime Silver Elite:
250 qualified nights
1.2 million points

Lifetime Gold Elite
500 qualified nights
1.6 million points

Lifetime Platinum Elite
750 qualified nights
2.0 million points

To check your point and night balance, log into your account and click My Account > Account Overview > Nights.

"Elite Lifetime Status is determined by your total qualified nights stayed and points earned throughout the course of your membership including your paid nights, Elite rollover nights, meeting nights and the nights and points earned on your Marriott Rewards Credit Card."

Points used by members to buyback their previously attained Elite level will be permanently deducted from their Lifetime point balance.

If an elite's point level drops below that required for the level attained, they will drop down to the next Lifetime level until points are accumulated to get them back to the next level.

Lifetime points in addition to nights now display on your Marriott Rewards account. When logged in, click on "Nights" (the blue link below the number representing your current year nights). You'll see the detail of what comprises your current year nights as well as your Lifetime Status nights.
Print Wikipost

Lifetime Marriott Rewards elite status (Pre-Merge 2018 and earlier)

Old May 1, 2014, 10:01 am

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, Hilton Diamond, DL DM & 2MM
Originally Posted by kennycrudup
I'm close to where you are, but I dunno- I don't think I could handle the huge list of features PP has over Plat for an entire lifetime!
I hear what you're saying but my experience as a PP vs. Plat has been distinctly different in regards to upgrades. I dropped back to LT Plat this year since I double dipped into Starwood more last year and at least thus far it has been very disappointing. As a PP for the past 5 years I was regularly upgraded to suites, concierge, larger rooms, etc without having to request it. As a LT Plat this year I have to go out of my way to ask if there's anything available on the Concierge level (fully knowing there is) in order to get an upgrade.

I do agree though that MR should establish another official tier above Plat given what I believe are saturated ranks these days.
Old May 1, 2014, 10:12 am

Programs: Bonvoy LTTE/AMB, AmEx Plat, National EE, WN A-List, CLEAR+, Covid-19
Originally Posted by padirescu
... but my experience as a PP vs. Plat has been distinctly different in regards to upgrades. ... As a PP for the past 5 years I was regularly upgraded to suites, concierge, larger rooms, etc without having to request it.
YMMV, then; perhaps it's 'cause I've been working in larger, elite-heavy cities but it's been my experience with Marriott (and this is something I've said many times here on FT) that I've never gotten anything out of the ordinary unless I've explicitly asked for it, and this is my 2nd year as PP.

I know the MR reservation system doesn't automatically assign according to status, as I'm usually checking in late in the day (9-10 PM, and I sometimes indicate this when I make the reservation) and the room I get seems to be of the "whatever we have left" variety, despite my having made the reservation at least a week in advance.

I tend to stay at properties more than once and once they know I'm here they'll usually hook me up on the subsequent visits, but I'd really wish MR would do space-positive upgrades for PP.
Old May 1, 2014, 10:56 am

Programs: LTP, PP
Honestly, I think it may make a difference regarding upgrades so I would be in favor of a LT PP level !
Old May 2, 2014, 12:16 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LTTE/AMB, AmEx Plat, National EE, WN A-List, CLEAR+, Covid-19
Originally Posted by kennycrudup
... I've never gotten anything out of the ordinary unless I've explicitly asked for it ...
I guess that should read "seldom" instead of "never" (meant to edit that when I'd posted it).
Old May 3, 2014, 4:56 pm

Programs: DL:360/DM/6 MMer; Bonvoy: Lifetime Titanium 10+M pts, 3100+ nights;
Really wish Marriott would come out with a LT Plat Premier level. I'm <100 nights away from hitting LT Plat for the second time (1500 nights, > 4M points).
Amateur

Approaching 2500 nights and over 6M points here and still no lifetime PP.
Old May 4, 2014, 9:13 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I hear what you're saying but my experience as a PP vs. Plat has been distinctly different in regards to upgrades. I dropped back to LT Plat this year since I double dipped into Starwood more last year and at least thus far it has been very disappointing. As a PP for the past 5 years I was regularly upgraded to suites, concierge, larger rooms, etc without having to request it. As a LT Plat this year I have to go out of my way to ask if there's anything available on the Concierge level (fully knowing there is) in order to get an upgrade.

I do agree though that MR should establish another official tier above Plat given what I believe are saturated ranks these days.
I've been PP for several years and have yet to get an upgrade to a suite in a Marriott family hotel (versus much different experiences with SPG and Hyatt). I've been given nice rooms with views on club floors but nothing more, IIRC not even a junior suite.
Old May 4, 2014, 9:26 am

Programs: UA GS 1MM, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I've been PP for several years and have yet to get an upgrade to a suite in a Marriott family hotel (versus much different experiences with SPG and Hyatt). I've been given nice rooms with views on club floors but nothing more, IIRC not even a junior suite.
I have had the opposite experience. Been upgraded to suites more than 50% of the time.
Just had a stay at the JW Marriott Grand Lakes in Orlando and was upgraded from a regular room to the Presidential Suite!
Old May 4, 2014, 9:39 am

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Originally Posted by sammyindc
I have had the opposite experience. Been upgraded to suites more than 50% of the time.
This has been my experience since becoming PP this year, although I write this from a regular CL Level room at the Ft. Lauderdale North FS.

More important, though, is since becoming PP, most hotels have more urgency in fulfilling my feather free room request, although not the Ft. Lauderdale North FS, which dropped the ball for a second time in the past six months on this request. This, despite Marriott calling them ahead of time, me calling them ahead of time, it being well noted on my account and the front desk clerk and manager promising me at check-in that this was done. Apparently their housekeeping manager is either incompetent or lazy, as she is the one who swore, both times, that the task was completed.
Old May 4, 2014, 12:39 pm

Originally Posted by CJKatl
You have to call Marriott. It's not posted, although it does show on the quarterly update you receive via US Mail.
I studied my quarterly update and couldn't find that information. Apparently not looking at the right place. Can you provide a hint?
Old May 4, 2014, 1:30 pm

They're not saturated enough until *I* get there, then we can talk about it.

Seriously, though, I'm sure they wanted increased numbers (saturation) to result when they repeatedly reduced the criteria for LT status. You'll recall that it used to be:

1. having 12+ years as a member;

2. having 600, 800, and 1,000 personal nights, respectively;

3. Having earned 1,500,000, 2,000,000 and 3,000,000 lifetime points, respectively; and

4. Having at least one earned year at the level at which you're seeking LT status.

And those nights didn't include such non-stay nights as roll-over nights; 15 bonus nights each year for having the Premier VISA card; one bonus night for every $3000 charged to the VISA card; and Happy Birthday bonus nights (since none of those had been invented at that time).

Not only did they over time reduce (or eliminate entirely) each of those criteria, on the 20th anniversary of the program they granted all (or most, see this post) of the 1984 charter members LT Platinum status.

They've pretty clearly been trying to expand the numbers by lowering the bar. Maybe you're right that they now need to add a new layer for the over-achievers but apparently they don't see it that way (yet, at least).

Last edited by Counsellor; May 4, 2014 at 2:00 pm Reason: correction, added link.
Old May 4, 2014, 4:11 pm

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Originally Posted by Counsellor
I studied my quarterly update and couldn't find that information. Apparently not looking at the right place. Can you provide a hint?
Will do once the next one arrives. I don't keep them.
Old May 13, 2014, 7:49 pm

Hopeing someone can help me figure out my real status since the Marriott Help Desk doesn't seem to know.

I have 672 Lifetime membership nights. 750 is the goal and rollovers count, right? I want to get to my 750 and then focus on SPG for a while. I have 119 total nights this year (40 stayed, 6 from the credit card, 20 from rewarding events and 53 rollover from last year). How many nights will I really roll-over? is it 119-75=44? Or do I actually not have any rollover yet since I've only earned 66 so far this year?

I have high hopes that the FT community can answer my question when Marriott can't.

Thanks!
Old May 13, 2014, 8:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by Father-of-3
Hopeing someone can help me figure out my real status since the Marriott Help Desk doesn't seem to know.

I have 672 Lifetime membership nights. 750 is the goal and rollovers count, right? I want to get to my 750 and then focus on SPG for a while. I have 119 total nights this year (40 stayed, 6 from the credit card, 20 from rewarding events and 53 rollover from last year). How many nights will I really roll-over? is it 119-75=44? Or do I actually not have any rollover yet since I've only earned 66 so far this year?

I have high hopes that the FT community can answer my question when Marriott can't.

Thanks!
Yes, rollover nights do count towards Lifetime Status. You have none for 2014 so far. Last year's rollover nights do not count in determining your rollover nights for this year. They just apply to earning status. Running your numbers you need to earn 9 more nights before rollover kicks in.

MR has put so many numbers into the equation I'm not surprised they get confused. Not that all FTer's have it all worked out.

Last edited by RogerD408; May 14, 2014 at 8:13 am
Old May 14, 2014, 8:08 am

Programs: DL DM 2MM, MR LTT, Hilton D, Hertz PC. National Emerald Exec, UA Silver(thanks to Marriott)
Originally Posted by Father-of-3

Thanks!
Just remember you have to have 2M lifetime points as well before granted LT Plat. I will reach 750 this year but will be 300K short of the 2M.
Old May 14, 2014, 8:10 am

Programs: DL DM 2MM, MR LTT, Hilton D, Hertz PC. National Emerald Exec, UA Silver(thanks to Marriott)
Originally Posted by Counsellor
I dont ever remember seeing it there, current balance yes, lifetime no. Call them, then keep a spreadsheet I did that back in 2010 and last I called I was only $20 off on my spreadsheet.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.