Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Chicago, IL

Old Aug 14, 2018, 11:30 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SkiAdcock
Hat tip to dcchi: "Whenever we do staycations in downtown Chicago, we use the ParkWhiz app to find parking. Normally pretty substantial savings off of hotel parking rates and even minor savings (and sometimes more) off of garage posted rates. If you're willing to walk one or a few blocks, this works well."
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Chicago, IL

Old Apr 18, 2014, 2:14 am

Programs: AA-EXP, MR-PP
Originally Posted by dayone
So how was your stay? Any info on the lounge, breakfast, etc.?
Sorry for the delay.

Room, I got one of their larger rooms.

Lounge first night was a makeshift on on the 4th floor I think but breakfast and next night it was on the first floor in their bar/restaurant area. Selection for breakfast and evening snacks is above what I am used to in the US properties. Even beer was complimentary.

Staff was very friendly, second night a lot of management mingled with us at the lounge and talked.

Considering relative convenience (I didn't have to rent a cab) and property value I would not hesitate to stay there.
Old May 4, 2014, 6:58 pm

Programs: AA EXP (2.5MM), Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by mikelat
Thanks all, booked a room at the FS and will see about getting an LNF. I also realized I have 200k Club Carlson points from that bonus promo a year or two ago and the Radisson Blu has award space so I may go with that instead for a freebie. Anyone here able to compare the two? Or should I go find the Chicago forum/threads in Destinations and ask there?
Looks like I can get about $20 less/night at Hotel Chicago Downtown than the FS Magnificent Mile. They seem to be pretty closely ranked on TripAdvisor (#105 for HCD vs #101 for FSMM), any suggestions here for best use of MR status?
Old May 4, 2014, 7:29 pm

Originally Posted by mikelat
Looks like I can get about $20 less/night at Hotel Chicago Downtown than the FS Magnificent Mile. They seem to be pretty closely ranked on TripAdvisor (#105 for HCD vs #101 for FSMM), any suggestions here for best use of MR status?
I like Hotel Chicago Downtown (except their parking is $65/night valet as only option!). Typical (little nicer room) upgrade for me both times. Service is nice. What I really like is beer/wine is included in the evening for the Gold/Plat and their assortment is above average. Same for breakfast (except no alcohol).

Right now concierge lounge is on the ground floor for both evening and morning (except evening it closes at 9p!) but they are working on getting a dedicated CL by end of May.
Old May 4, 2014, 9:54 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Hotel Chicago Downtown has scheduled a lobby renovation for November.
Old May 5, 2014, 3:18 am

Programs: UA/CO-1KPlat, MARRIOTT-LT PLAT
Question Downer's Grove/Lombard area stay needed.

Am wondering which of the Marriott's in the area might be a better choice?
Have stayed at the Downer's Groves Marriott Suites in the past.
Generally prefer full service Hotel with a Lounge.
Old Jul 27, 2014, 6:40 pm

First time in Chicago

I'm a platinum member and thought I'd surprise my wife for our anniversary
with a trip to Chicago in September. This will be our first time visiting so I want to be close to major attractions and restaurants.
I'm looking for advice on which Marriott to stay at. Any thoughts would be appreciated. thanks.
Old Jul 27, 2014, 7:12 pm

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marri...hicago-il.html
Old Jul 27, 2014, 7:39 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

JW or Ren.
Old Jul 27, 2014, 7:46 pm

I like new Autograph Collection Hotel Chicago.
Old Jul 28, 2014, 1:21 am

JW Marriott Chicago

paid $350/nt for 5 nights

as a Platinum member

no room upgrade , claim no availability ( hard to believe)

no welcoming gift or point, nothing was mentioned

I found asia properties has way better recognition and service.
Old Jul 28, 2014, 8:46 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by draerospace
no welcoming gift or point, nothing was mentioned
Did you collect on the $100 guarantee before you checked out?
Old Jul 28, 2014, 4:07 pm

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Did you collect on the $100 guarantee before you checked out?
no, I am still staying there at the moment , I dont' really care about the welcoming gift honestly and going in fighting for $100 would be wasting my time. I heard barely anyone was able to get the $100 without going thru lots trouble .
Old Jul 29, 2014, 9:56 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by draerospace
no, I am still staying there at the moment , I dont' really care about the welcoming gift honestly and going in fighting for $100 would be wasting my time. I heard barely anyone was able to get the $100 without going thru lots trouble .
Well then they'll continue to get away with it. Your choice of course, but not asking for the $100 rewards bad behavior.

Cheers.
Old Jul 29, 2014, 12:34 pm

Well then they'll continue to get away with it. Your choice of course, but not asking for the $100 rewards bad behavior.

Cheers.

I think out of 10 , almost 7 times weren't honored . if you go back and ask , they will just say I thought you wanted points , so we have points in your account . they usually get away with " most customers want point nowaday, so we just assumed" , if you want gift , it will be snacks at the bar .
Old Aug 1, 2014, 12:49 am

Cheers.
I ran into issue with the restaurant inside this hotel , claiming they run separate from Marriott ( not letting me charge to my room) . So I went to the front desk and ask about it . They said I could charge it to my room even they are separate ownership.

so anyways , I decided to bring up the fact that there was no welcoming gift as guarantee in this hotel for their platinum elite . She immediately ask me to pick either $10 credit or 500 pts , later she apologized for the situation with the restaurant as well as not mentioning the welcoming gift at arrival. I was offered compensation of 5000pts plus $10 credit. However no $100 .

I think Marriott should just take away welcoming gift at once, most of the hotel I stayed into , always always miss this, unless you mention it right in their face immediately. I feel like elite perks are not served to you, you have to tell them what you know to get the deal.

However to be fair , despite of no room upgrade (well at 11 floors facing inside) . Service here is excellent, from bell boy, check in, Executive lounge(best service I ever had in a lounge) , hotel is very clean and quiet . I would definitely put more stay in this hotel when i come to Chicago.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.