Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Chicago, IL

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 14, 2018, 11:30 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SkiAdcock
Hat tip to dcchi: "Whenever we do staycations in downtown Chicago, we use the ParkWhiz app to find parking. Normally pretty substantial savings off of hotel parking rates and even minor savings (and sometimes more) off of garage posted rates. If you're willing to walk one or a few blocks, this works well."
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Chicago, IL

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2007, 4:51 pm

Programs: AA GLD (1MM), DL GLD, Marriott Plat, RCL D+, X Elite
I'll echo other comments. It's a nice hotel, but the elevators were always slow and full. Granted, we were there on a holiday weekend. It is in a fantastic location, and I'd surely stay again if I needed to be downtown.
Old Jun 15, 2007, 5:01 pm

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Hertz 5* Gold
Originally Posted by IrieDame
I do have a follow-up...what do you mean by best concierge breakfast...is it cooked food in the lounge?
I believe they have an omelet guy there. It is a full breakfast tho that you would normally pay $20-30 bucks to get at the hotel. And it's quite tasty.

Matt
Old Jun 16, 2007, 6:18 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
I do have a follow-up...what do you mean by best concierge breakfast...is it cooked food in the lounge?
The main hotel restaurant and the concierge lounge are adjacent to each other, with the full hot and cold breakfast buffet in the middle. Those in the restaurant probably pay $30 for the buffet. Those in the concierge lounge enter the buffet area (which includes made to order omelets) through the lounge and don't pay. There's also a great latte machine.

the best in the system, at least in my experience.
Old Jun 16, 2007, 8:08 pm

Programs: DL MM, Marriott LT Titanium, AA EXP, Avis Chairmans
I have stayed (past tense) here a lot. I agree the lounge is the best I've seen anywhere. The breakfast is the same regular non-special people pay $20 for. My major complaint is the heating/cooling in the rooms. They are on an antique steam system and you can't get on demand heat or A/C. Sometimes I freeze in the spring/summer or roast... I really don't like it during transition seasons.

They even have a sign in the room next to the controls saying to call the front desk if you need to control the temperature. Personally, I avoid the hotel and stay at the Renaissance on Wacker. It's also extremely busy and the lobby is always full of people. The Renaissance is much quieter.
Old Jun 18, 2007, 7:16 pm

Just had a stay there last weekend. I agree with all the comments - air system is terrible. Place was very noisy - like an all-night party or something. I could hear sirens and honks from the street and it kept me awake for quite a while.
As a GE, I was able to get free breakfast via room service so that was nice.
Old Jun 18, 2007, 8:49 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, AAdvantage Gold, Air Canada Elite, Avis Pref Select, Hertz Gold,
Good point.

If you request/get a lake view room, you'll be facing Michigan Avenue, and siren noise from the street will definitely be an issue. Even if you're on an upper floor.
On average, you'll hear them at least four or five times during the night.
Old Jun 19, 2007, 3:03 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum Delta Platinum AA Platinum
Now I am having such mixed feelings on this property but I check in tonight for two days and I will see...I am in Chicago every other week so if I am not a fan, I will return to the Hilton Suites in the future.
Old Jun 19, 2007, 10:15 am

Programs: DL, UAL, USAir
Now I am having such mixed feelings on this property but I check in tonight for two days and I will see...I am in Chicago every other week so if I am not a fan, I will return to the Hilton Suites in the future.
Make sure you check out the Weber Grill Restaurant right next to the hotel. My favorite place to eat in Chicago, which is saying something. I was there last night, and the burger I got was outstanding--perfectly cooked and extraordinarily flavorful.
Old Jun 19, 2007, 7:20 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum Delta Platinum AA Platinum
Wish I had read about Weber before I went to PF Changs tonight but there is always tomorrow. I must say I am not crazy about this hotel. I am on the 32nd floor with a city view, took the warning about the lake view. The rooms are just average. And the lobby is like a train station. But lessons learned and Hilton Suites, here I come in two weeks. I do not consider the Renaisssance because I like being really north on Michigan near the Hancock.
Old Jun 19, 2007, 8:31 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, AAdvantage Gold, Air Canada Elite, Avis Pref Select, Hertz Gold,
I have often thought....with no basis to confirm it....that this hotel caters to conventioners and groups who basically are only in the hotel to sleep and don't notice that the rooms are "nondescript" and that the lobby indeed is a "train station". On top of that, the bill is usually on an expense account, so who cares about the high room rates.

The location, of course, is a positive....as, I suppose, is also the CL. I wouldn't know about the latter....its always closed when I'm there. Even if the hotel is oversold.
Old Jun 20, 2007, 6:56 am

Wish I had read about Weber before I went to PF Changs tonight but there is always tomorrow. I must say I am not crazy about this hotel. I am on the 32nd floor with a city view, took the warning about the lake view. The rooms are just average. And the lobby is like a train station. But lessons learned and Hilton Suites, here I come in two weeks. I do not consider the Renaisssance because I like being really north on Michigan near the Hancock.
That Renaissance on Wacker is really really nice. Stayed there once and loved it. I agree about the lobby. It's crazy in there about 20 hours out of the day.
Old Jun 20, 2007, 7:22 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum Premier, AAdvantage Platinum (1MM Lifetime Gold), Avis First
I spent a weekend at the Renassiance on Wacker and love it.
Old Jul 25, 2007, 11:59 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
I'm stuck here in November at a convention, will be coming in the weekend before, total of 5 nights.

Any rooms that are worth specifically asking for?
Old Jul 26, 2007, 10:25 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA Platinum, LT Marriott Titanium, National Executive Elite, Hertz President's Circle
It is a very nice hotel and in a great location. I don't think that you will be dissapointed. Great views and Plats are usually upgraded.
Old Jul 26, 2007, 1:35 pm

Programs: UAL 1K
Renassiance on Wacker is great, and much quieter than Marriott which seems to always be crowded with convention attendees. Last trip the light bulb in my room's desk lamp was burned out, engineering arrived and found it busted and replaced it quickly. And gave me 5,000 Marriott points for my inconvenience. It's close to train station.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.