Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Chicago, IL

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 14, 2018, 11:30 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SkiAdcock
Hat tip to dcchi: "Whenever we do staycations in downtown Chicago, we use the ParkWhiz app to find parking. Normally pretty substantial savings off of hotel parking rates and even minor savings (and sometimes more) off of garage posted rates. If you're willing to walk one or a few blocks, this works well."
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Chicago, IL

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2005, 6:22 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, Holiday Inn Platinum, peon on the rest
Thumbs up My recommendation is Magnificent Mile

I've stayed in the Magnificent Mile Courtyard three times this year and it is by far my favorite Marriott property of any (including full service Marriott's and Resorts!).

The rooms were nothing special, however the service was outstanding! From checkin (where I was recognized by name and thanked multiple times for staying with them) to the door man. Everything was perfect. The second time I came back, after being gone for two weeks, the door man recognized me by name when I arrived in a cab and thanked me for returning!

My experience here has shown me that even when a hotel is typical, physically, to the rest in the chain, the people who work there can either make it stand out as one of the best, or one of the worst.

I can't say enough about this hotel. If you are visiting Chicago, you can't go wrong by staying there. At least that's my opinion!
Old Apr 1, 2005, 8:23 am

Programs: Bonvoy TE(LT), DL DM(Retired) 1MM, AA EXP
The CY Mag Mile is great. I have stayed at both CYs + Marriott on Mich Ave + Ren on Wacker in the downtown area. The CY Mag Mile and Ren are the only ones I will go back to based on my experience. CY is a good value and the Ren is really nice.
Old Apr 1, 2005, 8:53 am

Thanks everyone ... Courtyard Mag Mile it is. ^
Old Apr 7, 2005, 8:47 pm

Programs: AA EXP BA Gold, TK Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AS 100K, QR PLT, SAS Gold, IHG Spire, AMR
stay at the mag mile property...

I stayed there a few weeks ago...

very nice...good service and nice rooms...

Plus the hot hostess at the hotel bar is an added bonus...
Old Apr 8, 2005, 10:10 am

Originally Posted by Deltahater
stay at the mag mile property...

Plus the hot hostess at the hotel bar is an added bonus...

LOL - I'll be sure and tell my husband to keep an eye out.
Old Jul 5, 2005, 1:48 pm
Suspended

Any Info on Renaissance Chicago North Shore Hotel

I'm headed to the Renaissance Chicago North Shore Hotel next month for a meeting. Has anyone stayed there? Any room tips? Did it used to be something else? Thanks.
Old Jul 5, 2005, 5:13 pm

Programs: FPC Plat, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, PC Plt Amb
I believe it used to be a run-of-the-mill Sheraton.
Nice furniture stores around the property, but that's about it, I think.
Old Jul 12, 2005, 7:24 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2.8M, Marriott PLT, *wood GLD, Bombay Sapphire
Originally Posted by choptliva
I believe it used to be a run-of-the-mill Sheraton.
Nice furniture stores around the property, but that's about it, I think.
Confirmed--this used to be a Sheraton but converted to a Renaissance approx 2-3 years ago (maybe more recent than that). They spent some money to upgrade the lobby but have not gotten around to room decor yet. Definitely a good candidate for the new room setup announced a few months back.
Old May 7, 2007, 3:56 am
R&R

Programs: 1K-UA/AA, LT PLAT-MARRIOTT(1984), HILTON-GOLD, HYATT-GOLD
Question Three Marriott properties in Oak Brook, Il.

I have a meeting in Downers Grove the end of the month, after a conference at the Chicago Drake Hotel, then will depart for ORD the next day
Which of the three Oak Brook, IL properties -Marriott Hotel, Marriott Resort, or the Renaissance Hotel is more comfortable and convenient to restaurants, etc for an overnighter?
The Marriott Hotel is across the street from a major shopping Mall and would offer more possibilites.

It has been many years since I left Chicago and the Western burbs are completely new to me.

The Resort looks like a sedate golfer's hangout!

Last edited by R&R; May 7, 2007 at 4:01 am
Old May 7, 2007, 4:51 am
Suspended

Programs: AA EXP,MR PP,Hyatt Diam, SPG Plat,PC Plat, HH Gold, National EE
I have stayed at the Marriott ad Renaissance, never at the Marriott Resort. I prefer the Marriott to the Renaissance. The Renaissance, IMO, does not meet up to Renaissance standards. The hotel feels like a badly done renovation of a cheap hotel. Didn't find the staff too helpful. Only benefit is that it's on the Oakbrook Mall's grounds, right next to a Cheesecake Factory, as opposed to the Marriott which is across the street. Also, there's no CL (just a lounge in the lobby which is for everyone and is small) but if you're Gold or Plat. you get free breakfast in the restaurant on the top floor- most importantly you can get free wireless up there or in the lobby. I found the staff at the Marriott friendlier and more helpful. The CL is pretty nice and the people working the CL were friendly. The hotel has the feel of a real hotel not some redone motel. Anyway that's just my opinion. Have fun.
Old May 7, 2007, 5:09 am

Programs: UA PM, DL PM, Bonvoy Titanium, HH Gold
The FS Marriott has recently redone some of their rooms and have an HDTV in many of them. That alone, to me, makes it the best choice.
Old May 7, 2007, 2:27 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum Premier, AAdvantage Platinum (1MM Lifetime Gold), Avis First
Stay at the Renaissance in Oak Brook -

You can walk to the mall, and many resturants in the area

The Resort is now close to anything, except a golf course

The FS Marriott is a little futher away from the mall area than the RS
Old May 7, 2007, 3:05 pm
R&R

Programs: 1K-UA/AA, LT PLAT-MARRIOTT(1984), HILTON-GOLD, HYATT-GOLD
Smile Those were fast and helpful!

The Concierge lounges are closed for renovation (or just plained closed) at the Oak Brook Marriott and the Renaissance hotels.
To verify, the Renaissance is the one connected to the Mall?
One of my favorite hotels is the Montura Renaissance at LAX, which has been nicely upgraded by newer owners. Good Lounge offerings!
Reasonable rates, also!
Old May 7, 2007, 3:12 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, United LT Silver
Stayed at the Ren this past Oct for a meeting. I thought it was very nice. It's a bit different from others... it's small with a little lobby. They didin't have a lounge (or it was closed), but gave comp breakfast upstairs on the top floor... very nice spread. They also put out snacks for Plats at the bar upstairs.

Every morning they will deliver free to your room coffee, tea, or hot chocolate and a scone. Service was great. I thought the rooms were very nice... mine was nice at least. Not huge, but very comfortable. YMMV
Old May 7, 2007, 3:15 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, United LT Silver
Oh, and the Ren is not connected to the mall but across the parking lot. Easy to get to. It's right by the Cheesecake Factory and near other good dining optinos.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.