Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Disappointed in the lack of e-receipts

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2007, 8:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat

I am new to the hotel points arena and decided to go with Marriott Rewards simply because of the locations of their Fairfield properties in my most frequented cities.

However, recently I've been disappointed in their online services, especially the lack of an e-receipt. They leave a receipt at my door the morning I checkout but I still like an e-mail with my receipt simply as a backup should anything happen.

I always ask for them to send me an e-mail and in the past they have but as of late they have not. If they made receipts available online it would be fantastic.

Any suggestions on ensuring that I receive the receipt in an e-mail? Do I have to stand there and wait for them to send it to me?
Old Nov 19, 2007, 8:45 am

Programs: DL GM 1MM, MR LT Titanium
You can add the option to get e-receipts in your on-line MR profile. Works like a charm 90% of the time.
Old Nov 19, 2007, 9:02 am

Programs: MR LT Titanium, IHG Plat.,UA Premier Silver, & PA/OH Turnpike Million Miler
Since Marriott implemented the feature, I have had %95+ success rate getting e-receipts. Perhaps something is messed up in your MR profile. I suggest calling MR customer service and ask them to check your profile.

--Jon

P.S. The few times I don't get an e-receipt, I typically make do with the paper receipt. If I really needed an e-receipt, I would just call the hotel and ask for one. They should be able to email or fax you the receipt from your recent stay.
Old Nov 19, 2007, 9:08 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum Premier, UA 1K
Domestic is about 95% success. However, my international success rate is about 0%.
Old Nov 19, 2007, 9:49 am

Programs: US Gold, Marriott Platinum
I think I'm very close to 100% success rate - I'll usually see the receipt show up at the same time as when the points post. It seems that it doesn't come when they also miss crediting my account for the stay. If I call in about a missing stay request, the missing e-folio and missing stay/points credit usually come soon afterwards.
Old Nov 19, 2007, 2:06 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K MM; BA Silver; Marriott Plat
I'm about 50/50 with domestic e-receipts. There doesn't seem to be any pattern to them either, with a specific hotel or anything.

Completely OT but why can't everywhere do e-receipts with the efficiency of Avis By the time I've taken the receipt from the check-in agents hand dropping off the car the email has always arrived on my blackberry!
Old Nov 19, 2007, 2:38 pm

Programs: DL Silver, (used to be somebody here) Marriott Lifetime Titanium
i get them about 80% of the time - I agree no rhyme or reason

they can also take a few days to arrive
Old Nov 19, 2007, 2:44 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
I'm less than 50/50. I haven't figured out a pattern. I don't get it.

Maybe slightly OT, but the best travel vendor at e-receipts is National Rent-a-car. Seriously, I will sometimes get the e-receipt while I'm still on the bus riding to the terminal from the drop-off area. ^
Old Nov 19, 2007, 4:00 pm

Programs: LTP, PP
Originally Posted by pinniped
I'm less than 50/50. I haven't figured out a pattern. I don't get it.

Maybe slightly OT, but the best travel vendor at e-receipts is National Rent-a-car. Seriously, I will sometimes get the e-receipt while I'm still on the bus riding to the terminal from the drop-off area. ^
That is exactly my experience with these 2 vendors.
Old Nov 19, 2007, 7:30 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, AAdvantage Gold, Air Canada Elite, Avis Pref Select, Hertz Gold,
For whatever its worth, my success rate with getting e-receipts on a timely basis is about75%. I got one a week or two ago that was about seven weeks late! I'm still waiting on a couple of others, and its been over two weeks.

Still a few bugs to be worked out.
Old Nov 20, 2007, 4:46 am

Programs: US Gold, Marriott Platinum
Actually, for me, the few times this past year that I didn't get my e-folio emailed (and also didn't get points added) until I contacted MR were with the same hotel... the Detroit RenCen. 0% with them, 100% with all other properties.
Old Nov 20, 2007, 10:42 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum Premier, AAdvantage Platinum (1MM Lifetime Gold), Avis First
That is weird, I am sitting at 100% on E-Folio
Old Nov 20, 2007, 12:02 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG Gold
Ren PHL airport always seems to miss mine...
Old Nov 20, 2007, 3:41 pm

Location: DFW, 3.5 MM, AA EXP, LIFETIME PLATINUM, MARRIOTT LIFETIME PLATINUM, STARWOOD AMBASSADOR 223 NIGHTS, AND LIFETIME GOLD, HILTON DIAMOND, NATIONAL EXECUTIVE ELITE
Originally Posted by Northern Traveler
That is weird, I am sitting at 100% on E-Folio
so am i - i am quite happy with it....
Old Nov 20, 2007, 11:00 pm

Programs: MR Gold, DCL Silver, RSSC Silver
I'm around 80% with no rhyme or reason. Most recently, I got two paper invoices from a single property (2 rooms), but only one of them was e-mailed.

This is not the only disconnect between MR on-line "features" and reality. The other obvious example is the "preferences" in our on-line profiles (extra pillows, extra towels, newspaper type, etc.). In my experience, preferences beyond "bed type" are honored less than half the time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.