Old Jan 31, 2014, 9:55 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: nacho
Print Wikipost

Copenhagen Marriott [Master Thread]

Old Apr 19, 2006, 9:15 am

Programs: UA 2.5MM; HH Diamond; Hyatt Platinum; MR Gold
The Copenhagen Marriott often has discounts at the weekend, but week day rates are generally high, even in the summer (remember, there's a 25% VAT on hotel accomodations that's usually included in the rates). I've stayed at the Copenhagen Marriott 3 times and definitely recommend it. It is well located -- near Tivoli, the train station, and downtown -- and the terrace at the back of the hotel looks out out the canal. If you're a member of AAA, there is usually a (smallish) discount off the regular rates available. If you need A/C, you'll probably need to book at one of the newer hotels affiliated with worldwide chains. Unfortunately, those are the very hotels least likely to be inexpensive. As an alternative, you might want to look at hotels in Malmo, Sweden (the Hilton and RadissonSAS come to mind). Malmo is only about 35 minutes by train from Copenhagen and often has accomodations that are quite a bit less expensive than Copenhagen.
Old Apr 20, 2006, 5:05 pm

Programs: marriott, spg, delta
Try Priceline

You won't be able to get MR points (other than for incidentials) and no stay credit, but the Marriott Copenhagen, according to biddingfortravel.com is often on priceline for somewhere south of $100 per night! If you want a deal, I'd highly recommend a bid.
Old Apr 20, 2006, 5:32 pm

Programs: Southwest, Hilton
Originally Posted by ccwiii
You won't be able to get MR points (other than for incidentials) and no stay credit, but the Marriott Copenhagen, according to biddingfortravel.com is often on priceline for somewhere south of $100 per night! If you want a deal, I'd highly recommend a bid.
Old Apr 20, 2006, 5:34 pm

Programs: Southwest, Hilton
Never tried Priceline

I am sorry to say I have never used Priceline. I have called their customer service on several occassions and could never get through. I would hate be stranded somewhere and have the hotel not be nice to me because I was a Priceline customer. I guess I am getting more cautious as a I get older.
Old May 9, 2006, 2:32 pm

Thinking of booking this for my birthday August 24th-27th, only Executive rooms available for those dates. Am I allowed to bring guests from outside the hotel into the lounge? I do not have status with Marriott.
Old May 16, 2006, 8:20 am

I was there last week on a pricline bid of 90$+taxes, which came into something like 115$. No points for my stay, but the rate was less than half of the going rate.

All the rooms are the same, except for club floors. Some have city views and some have river views. This time I had city view. Both are just fine.
Old May 22, 2006, 7:43 pm

Programs: UA-1K, MR-PP, *wood Gold, Hertz Gold
I was at the Copenhagen MAR last fall. They upgraded me to a corner suite--had a great view of the city and river.

The lounge was very nice and offered good wines and a varied selection of food each day.
Old May 22, 2006, 8:50 pm

MR members get 20% OFF Stay FOR Breakfast rates in Europe... until July 31

http://marriott.com/property/special...rshaCode=cphdk

For specific hotel discounts at this property follow this link and look under Hotel Specials & Packages:

http://marriott.com/property/propertypage/CPHDK
Old Oct 4, 2007, 2:06 pm

Programs: MR Plat
Copenhagen Marriott

Hello All,
We have an upcoming trip and we have booked a room at the Copehagen Marriott. Outside of the website I have no clue as to what to expect. This will be a first time trip to Copenhagen.
Does anyone have any experience with this property? We are Plat so we hope to get on whatever they call their Executive floor. Does it have a decent lounge? Is the hotel near any interesting spots in the city? How far from the airport? Do you advise taking a train, taxi or shuttle?
Any information you all provide will be helpful. Thanks in advance
Old Oct 4, 2007, 2:30 pm

Programs: AA EXP & 2MM, Marriott PLT, Hilton GLD, SPG PLT, Hyatt Diamond
A search on "Copenhagen" will pull up lots of threads... i.e.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...ght=Copenhagen

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...ght=Copenhagen

etc.

T
Old Oct 4, 2007, 3:16 pm

Programs: MR Plat
T
Thanks for the information. I did do a search before my post and these did not turn up, perhaps my search argument was wrong. Anyway these threads are helpful. If anyone has recent experience here that would be good to hear as well.
WD
Old Oct 4, 2007, 3:39 pm

Programs: AA EXP (3MM Lifetime), Marriott Platinum, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Diamond
I stayed there a couple of months ago. I did not get upgraded to the executive floor, but got a nice corner room that faced the canal with lounge access. Lounge is nice, overlooks the canal. It has a couple of computers to access the internet, and the usual Marriott lounge fare. The hotel is about a 5-10 minute walk from Copenhagen Central train station, and it is an easy train ride from the airport to Central station. Taxi from the airport is also an option, but is fairly expensive. There is not too much right around the hotel, but the Town Square and Storget shopping street is about a 10 minute walk from the hotel. I think one of the canal tour boats picks up at the hotel, but I didn't take it. Tivoli Gardens is located across from the train station, but it normally closes at the end of September unless you hit it when it is open for Halloween. Copenhagen is one of my favorite cities in Europe, but it can be a bit pricey.
Old Oct 4, 2007, 7:13 pm

Programs: UA 1KMM, Bonvoy LTE+A, HH D, Nat'l EE, Hertz Plat, Avis PC
I agree with everything KWShark said about the hotel and the city. The canal tour is worth doing and couldn't be more convenient. The hotel restaurant and bar are disappointing, and the workout room is basically a closet in the basement, but otherwise I've really liked this property.

The Little Mermaid statue is a reasonable walk away, as are plenty of great restaurants of all price points. My favorite in town is Kommandanten, but it's a really nice, formal kind of place. There's also a casual place on the top floor of the Illum department store (on the Stroget) that I've always gotten good food and service from.
Old Feb 2, 2010, 10:55 am

Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Diamond, Marriott-SPG Gold, IHG Platinum
Question Marriott Copenhagen... is Executive floor worth an extra $80-90 USD per night?

I've booked a couple 1 night stays (pre and post cruise) for my family of 4 at the Marriott Copenhagen in August/September.

I don't have any status with Marriott, though I suppose I could get a Chase VISA to obtain at least get Silver status, but is that worth anything when it comes to upgrades with Marriott (I know it's not worth much at Hilton)?

Anyhow, for an additional $80-90 USD I can upgrade the room to the Executive Floor which at first seemed steep, but considering the cost of things in CPH may be a decent deal.

Since I'm not familiar with the Marriott product, can the experts here chime in on whether this is worth the additional cost for someone with no status (I'm thinking it is).

FYI, I did search the forum here and only found a couple mentions of the lounge in CPH.

Here's what we get for the extra $80-90 USD per night.
Your benefits for Executive rooms/ Executive Floor
* All rooms are located on the top floors with a fantastic view
overlooking Copenhagen
* Free high speed internet usage in the room
* Free minibar and snacks in the room Any idea how this is stocked?
* Room-key elevator access to the Executive floor
Free two guests at the Executive lounge I'll have our 2 teenage sons (17 and 15) with us, will all 4 of us have access to the lounge or will we have to go no more than 3 at a time, or will we have to pay DKK 150.00 for the 4th person as mentioned below? I booked the room as a party of 4
Additional guest will be charged a supplement of DKK 150.00
* Full access to the Executive lounge on the 11th floor opened
from Monday to Sunday 06.00am - 12.00pm offering
complimentary coffee, tea and soft drinks
* Free healthy start breakfast at the Executive lounge served
between 06.30am to 10.30 am
* Daily Happy Hour from 5.30pm - 7.30pm from Tuesday - Friday
serving complimentary beer, wine and soft drinks, warm hors
d'oeuvres, cheese and selected appetizers
* Free Newspapers, magazines and useful Copenhagen information
* Upgraded amenities and free water in the room
* Daily evening turndown service
* Free 24-hour access to the Barrett's Health Club with steam
bath, sauna for relaxation after a busy day Is this the same as the fitness room in the lower levels that I read is like a closet, or is this a separate entity?
* Free usage of our new Star Trac fitness equipment for daily
exercice

Thanks in advance!
Old Feb 2, 2010, 11:04 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium (former PP), Hilton Silver, UA Silver, AS Member, Hertz 5*
I would go for the exec room upgrade, even if you have to pay the extra surcharge for the fourth person.

First, the food benefit will save you a lot of money. Teenagers eat a lot, and breakfast costs more overseas at FS hotels (easily $20/person for a continental breakfast). The free minibar/snacks in the room is probably replenished every day. My guess is that housekeeping will look to see if the minibar needs to be filled, and someone else will come in to fill it up. The evening snacks in the lounge are also good (they tend to be better overseas for Marriott properties).

The internet savings are also greater overseas. My guess is that in room internet will cost around $20-25 at that property.

Get the Marriott Premier Visa card because you will earn 5 points for every dollar spent at Marriott along with a free room certificate every year (category 1-4 at signup and 1-5 for future years). The silver status gives you another 2 points per dollar at FS properties. Marriott points don't expire with account inactivity.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.