Old Jan 31, 2014, 9:55 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: nacho
Print Wikipost

Copenhagen Marriott [Master Thread]

Old Aug 23, 2016, 2:03 pm

Programs: Honors/IHG Diamond
Uber works well in copenhagen and it's much less than a taxi. Quick 15 minutes ride fron the airport.
Old Aug 23, 2016, 3:36 pm

Programs: MR LTT, BA Gold, AA LTP, UA Silver
Originally Posted by Dbears
We will be staying in Copenhagen in a couple of weeks prior to a cruise. What transportation is recommended from the airport to the Marriott Copenhagen? The transportation form the hotel to the cruise is already covered.
Train to Central Station. When you get off the train onto the platform walk away from the terminal to the steps going up to the street. At the top of the steps turn left and go to the first traffic light (1/2 block) and turn right on Bernstorffsgade. Walk 3 blocks and cross Kalvebod Brygge to the Marriott. 10 minute walk. The only challenge may be getting your luggage up the steps from the train platform.

Google maps:
https://www.google.com/maps/dir/55.6...m3!1i0!2i0!3i3
Old Sep 24, 2016, 5:19 pm

I'm staying at the Copenhagen Marriott now, and I'm loving it. Nice room, upgraded to water view, free internet, and I haven't been charged for parking. The lounge is great, if sometimes crowded. Short walk to several sites of interest. Expensive? Yes. But I'm staying on points, so I'm happy with my choice.
Old Jan 14, 2017, 5:45 am
Formerly known as Stephenk19

Programs: Free Agent
Has anyone stayed at the hotel recently? From some of the reviews sounds like the lounge is so-so but the location is great. Any other good insights?
Old Jan 14, 2017, 10:13 am

Programs: AA-LTP, HH-DIA, Marriott-LT+AMB, Hyatt-Globalist, Hertz-PC, UA-GS
Originally Posted by Steve_19
Has anyone stayed at the hotel recently? From some of the reviews sounds like the lounge is so-so but the location is great. Any other good insights?
If 6 months ago is recent enough for you, I'll give you my feedback. Good location, we walked from the train station. The lounge was decent, didnt think it was so-so. Can walk to most places if you like to walk, otherwise tour buses come outside the hotel, can also take a water boat outside the hotel. Had some food in the restaruant downstairs, was ok and drinks were decent in the bar. Uber is cheap and pretty quick (at least it was for me)

Enjoy
Old Jan 14, 2017, 5:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
The lounge is not the best I have seen at a FS Marriott, but also by far not the worst. 'So so' is a too harsh judgement in my view. I would say fine but not outstanding. It can get crowded though.
Old Jan 15, 2017, 3:35 am

Programs: MyWaitrose, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond & BAEC Gold
Has the lounge moved permanently? I wandered through in November and saw it was on the ground floor.
Old Jan 15, 2017, 6:25 am

I've been there last December and was very disappointed. The quality and the service is far away from the Marriott standards including the hospitality on the executive lounge which is still at the ground floor and mostly very crowded. Avoid a room at the "executive level". You may end up in a middle of a construction place.
Old Jan 17, 2017, 11:23 am

Programs: Delta Gold
I have a question. We booked an award stay here for three nights. DH added my name to the reservation, but now he isn't going and I have a friend going with me instead. He says I should be fine as when he added my name to the reservation originally, I was going to be arriving first and checking in and that was noted in the reservation.

Thoughts?
Old Jan 17, 2017, 4:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by channonc
I have a question. We booked an award stay here for three nights. DH added my name to the reservation, but now he isn't going and I have a friend going with me instead. He says I should be fine as when he added my name to the reservation originally, I was going to be arriving first and checking in and that was noted in the reservation.

Thoughts?
In my experience, the Copenhagen Marriott is always asking for picture ID when checking in. Passport, drivers licence, etc. If your name is in the reservation, it should probably be fine though. They will probably want ID from all guests staying.

​​​​​
Old Feb 11, 2017, 2:44 am

Has anyone had capacity control issues redeeming at the Copenhagen Marriott?
Several days I'm trying in June show the standard "Guest Room" available, but no points availability.
Old Feb 11, 2017, 3:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dcphlyer
Has anyone had capacity control issues redeeming at the Copenhagen Marriott?
Several days I'm trying in June show the standard "Guest Room" available, but no points availability.
As the category assigned is completely out of sync with the reality provided, I tend to not want to pay the points price for the property.

Though maybe it is the big cruise weekends and they are restricting for that. There are some pretty crazy weekends where a lot of cruise ships change passengers in Copenhagen and both hotels and airport seem to be more than chaotic.
Old Feb 13, 2017, 11:40 pm

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
As the category assigned is completely out of sync with the reality provided, I tend to not want to pay the points price for the property.

Though maybe it is the big cruise weekends and they are restricting for that. There are some pretty crazy weekends where a lot of cruise ships change passengers in Copenhagen and both hotels and airport seem to be more than chaotic.
Do you have a different points recommendation? Copenhagen is very sparse on points hotels... Hilton Copenhagen is leaving the Hilton brand this spring. SPG/Hyatt have none. It looks like just this, Marriott AC hotel (out of the city), and Carlson/Radisson properties.
Old Feb 14, 2017, 12:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dcphlyer
Do you have a different points recommendation? Copenhagen is very sparse on points hotels... Hilton Copenhagen is leaving the Hilton brand this spring. SPG/Hyatt have none. It looks like just this, Marriott AC hotel (out of the city), and Carlson/Radisson properties.
The AC is not that far out of town. The metro station is about 5 minutes walk away, and take 10 minutes to the central city. I have not seen the category of the AC, if it is a reasonable points price.

A bit further out on the metro line there is also a Crowne Plaza. The Radisson properties are fairly convenient, but I never had any Carlson points so I can't advise there.
Old Feb 14, 2017, 12:19 am

I really enjoyed my stay at the Copenhagen Marriott in September 2016, and would be very happy to stay there again. I paid 40K points per night. We parked with no charge and also used uber several times -- which worked well and was reasonable. A good choice. As for the lounge, yes, it's on the ground floor, so no view. But the food was excellent, I thought. Some of the best breads and pastries I've tasted and a very good selection for breakfast. We had three separate stays during the course of a vacation, and all of the rooms were lovely. Perhaps my experience and standards are less than some forum commentators, but I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this hotel.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.