Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Marriott Visa Canada - Sign up Bonus bumped to 10,000 points

Old Sep 26, 2007, 7:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott (Lifetime Titantium), whatever other programs as benefits make sense.

Just got an email telling me that the sign up bonus for the Marriott Rewards Visa card in Canada is 10,000 points. It used to be 5,000.

Interesting... Kind of like Steve Jobs dropping the price of Ipods. I wonder if Marriott will throw an additional 2,500 points the way of the folks that have already signed up for the card?
Old Sep 26, 2007, 8:33 am
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by GregWTravels
I wonder if Marriott will throw an additional 2,500 points the way of the folks that have already signed up for the card?
Don't hold your breath.
Old Sep 28, 2007, 11:26 pm

I'm not signing until the offer is 20k on par with the US and 15 nights of elite status credit.

Were paying a higher annual fee with less rewards, eventually this will probably be on par with the US in which the early adopters get punished.

BTW anyone who has the card how many nights did you get towards elite status credit?
Old Sep 28, 2007, 11:50 pm

Originally Posted by phil398437
I'm not signing until the offer is 20k on par with the US and 15 nights of elite status credit.

Were paying a higher annual fee with less rewards, eventually this will probably be on par with the US in which the early adopters get punished.
Exactly. ^ Give us 20K and 15 nights and I'll give you my business. Until then I DON"T THINK SO

It would be interesting to find out how many people have actually signed up for this card because it offers one of the worst values of any credit card issued in Canada IMHO.
Old Sep 30, 2007, 7:42 am

Programs: Marriott, Hilton HHonors
I have it and to be honest unless something changes soon I intend to dump the card. I think we were treated as second class in the original offering. And now that the loonie is at/over par...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.