Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

What is the phone # for the platinum desk?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2006, 7:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA-PLT, HH-D, SPG-Plt

I couldn't find it anywhere. So can anybody help with the secret #?
Old Aug 24, 2006, 7:37 am

Programs: UA, MR, AA
It should be on the back of your Platinum Marriott Rewards card.
Old Aug 24, 2006, 7:57 am
Original Poster

Thanks. Very helpful but a PM would be even better

Originally Posted by Triple7
It should be on the back of your Platinum Marriott Rewards card.
Old Aug 24, 2006, 8:45 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
why

Originally Posted by SC-G
Thanks. Very helpful but a PM would be even better
Old Aug 24, 2006, 10:44 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
Or log into Marriott.com with your platnum MR# and it will appear.
Old Aug 24, 2006, 2:15 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium; IHG Diamond Ambassador
We can give you the number.

When you call you will be asked for your MR#

If your not a Platinum, you will hear a high pitch sound that will cause your ear to bleed for 13 days.

Then you will get kicked to the 800 reservation line.
Old Aug 25, 2006, 6:08 pm

Programs: UA 2P, AA LT Gold, Marriott LT Titanium
Originally Posted by jonathansullivan
Or log into Marriott.com with your platnum MR# and it will appear.
He is right. Log into your acct and it will be there.
Old Aug 25, 2006, 8:35 pm

Programs: Marriott lifetime Titanium, Delta Platinum
Originally Posted by gardener
Somehow, I don't think that will be happening.
Old Aug 26, 2006, 5:52 am

Programs: MR LTT, BA Gold, AA LTP, UA Silver
OK, everyone including the OP seems to have had their fun so now lets clear up a few things.

First, as I think most of us are aware, the OP is not Platinum and is looking to contact the Platinum line in order to see if he/she can match or do a challenge since the Platinum number was requested in that context in this thread.

Second, to the OP... Having the Platinum phone number will do you absolutely no good. The reason for this is because you are asked to enter your Marriott Rewards number when you call and if you are not Platinum then you are placed in the appropriate queue based on you actual status. I was amused by the ear bleed idea, but alas that is not a feature of their system.

It appears as though someone is looking for something for next to nothing since the offer of a Gold challenge was summarily dismissed by the OP as noted in this thread.

Now the OP has parlayed Hilton Diamond status into SPG Platinum (of course they comp everybody) and now wants Marriott to give him top tier status for staying at Hilton properties as few as 28 days. Diamond qualification requires 28 qualifying* stays or 60 qualifying* nights.

Marriott Platinum requires one to stay 75 nights at Marriott properties which is way in excess of the meager requirements of Hilton Diamond so it is no wonder MR would not match or challenge. Why should Marriott devalue Platinum status by allowing status matches or cheap challenges. Kudos to Marriott for NOT comping status.

The offer made to the OP for a Gold challenge by staying 12 nights in 3 months was more than generous IMO.

If the OP wishes to pursue this further I would suggest calling Marriott Rewards at 1 801 468 4000 (8:15am - 9:00pm, Monday - Friday, US Eastern time).

Last edited by aaupgrade; Aug 26, 2006 at 6:08 am
Old Aug 26, 2006, 1:09 pm

Programs: Chick-Fil-A Red, Wawa, Red Cross blood donor
aaupgrade...very nice response ^

I emailed Marriott last year asking about a fast track to Gold (when I was Silver) and was "no"...essentially there were too many Golds and Platinums to be accomodated already. I really have no sympathy for people who are able to get a fast track and then aren't satisfied with it.
Old Aug 27, 2006, 8:49 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for your help
Marriott seems to be very inconsitent in their policy; I did negotatiate Gold now and a Plat challenge instead of their initial offer. You are right, I did not need the Plat line # to do that. Hope y'all OK with that.

Hey, it's just a hotel program it's not like I got season tickets for the Red Sox matched with seson tickets for the Yankees or something

What' s up with all the drama

SC-G
flamed for asking for a phone #

Originally Posted by bitburgr
aaupgrade...very nice response ^

I emailed Marriott last year asking about a fast track to Gold (when I was Silver) and was "no"...essentially there were too many Golds and Platinums to be accomodated already. I really have no sympathy for people who are able to get a fast track and then aren't satisfied with it.
Old Aug 27, 2006, 9:42 pm

Originally Posted by aaupgrade
Why should Marriott devalue Platinum status by allowing status matches or cheap challenges.
I don't know, but I know it does happen. It steams me every time I find out about it.

The people who get bumped seem to boast about it a lot. "Oh! Let me tell you a secret."

Originally Posted by aaupgrade
Kudos to Marriott for NOT comping status.
I could not agree more! Stay the nights, get the status!

People should stop begging for things they haven't earned and therefore don't deserve!
Old Aug 27, 2006, 9:55 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Tit; Hyatt Explorist; Hilton CC Gold; IHG CC Plt; Hertz (MR) 5 star
I need 15 more nights this year to make Plat (yeah, I got the CC with 15 free nights). My travel patterns have changed and it'll be close IF I make it.
Old Aug 28, 2006, 6:00 am

Programs: MR LTT, BA Gold, AA LTP, UA Silver
Originally Posted by A Traveller
I don't know, but I know it does happen. It steams me every time I find out about it.
Don't get steamed, its not worth the effort. Probably most of the folks that do this will let their status lapse by not staying the requisite nights anyway. Those who are comped and do stay frequently (75-200+ nights a year) have no worries nor a need to beg for status from any of the 3 majors. The vast majority of others who are comped will drop off the grid by the end of the membership year.

Originally Posted by iflyjetz
I need 15 more nights this year to make Plat (yeah, I got the CC with 15 free nights). My travel patterns have changed and it'll be close IF I make it.
Have you signed into your account and checked your Megbonus promotion. Those 15 nights may be worth an extra 25K bonus points. Also, when were the 45 nights you did stay so far this year. If they didn't start until March then you actually have longer with the undocumented rolling 12 month qualification. Good luck.
Old Sep 1, 2006, 10:22 pm

Programs: Marriott Silver, Starwood Preferred Guest, Kimpton InTouch
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by A Traveller
I could not agree more! Stay the nights, get the status!

People should stop begging for things they haven't earned and therefore don't deserve!
Here, here! ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.