Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Rewards points and nights on non-public rate?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2006, 6:46 am
Original Poster

I've changed jobs and am now able to use a non-publicly available rate such as GOV. Will I still get points and nights with this rate?

Thanks.
Old Apr 27, 2006, 6:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I've used everything from GOV to locally-negotiated rates with Marriott and have never missed a point.

In fact, I have never stayed at any Marriott at anything other than GOV or a special deal. About a half-million points and counting.
Old Apr 27, 2006, 7:29 am

Programs: all the big ones.. no LCCs for me
Caveat Emptor

but with that said and done

Pretty much all paid stays especially GOV, corporate codes, etc have netted me points. You always need to beware, maybe even check if its something funky.. check on FT I mean... but if you are on GOV.. don't sweat it, like Big Lar, I'm close to 700K and probably half were GOV
Old Apr 27, 2006, 7:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
GOV, corporate rates, AAA, etc. - I've never had a problem with. Deep discount bulk resellers like Priceline are the only channel that haven't netted points, and those weren't expected.
Old Apr 27, 2006, 12:49 pm
Original Poster

Great. Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.