Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Cologne (Koln) Germany [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Cologne (Koln) Germany [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2015, 3:17 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Best Western Diamond
I noticed the room details for the executive suite just say "bathtub" no shower, no bath shower combo.

is this actually just a bathtub, or is it a regular combo? lol
Old Jul 3, 2015, 7:47 pm

Programs: DL DM, MR Titanium, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by jsucool76
Any updates on the Cologne Marriott? Have an 8 night stay coming up first week of july...Reasonable price (Comes to 940 eur for 8 nights, then I get 4th night free from citi prestige)

I trust FT more than tripadvisor, so any recent opinions on it much appreciated.
Was there about three weeks ago - as a platinum, got upgraded to a suite which was excellent. Lounge was top notch and was given the option to get breakfast there or in the restaurant downstairs. Did both while we were there; breakfast in the restaurant was either the buffet or anything that was on the menu.

Only two issues we ran into were getting to the hotel late at night and wandering from the train station, which, while not that far, wasn't the most pleasant of walks while toting luggage around after midnight. Once we knew where the hotel was and how to short circuit the trip, it wasn't as bad, but, we saw some questionable souls out the first night between the station and the hotel. And... the air conditioning in the room wasn't great - we asked twice for maintenance to come up and they either didn't or couldn't fix it. The hallway outside the room was like a refrigerator, but, we never got the room to be particularly cold.

Overall, despite those two items, would go back if in Cologne without hesitation.
Old Jul 5, 2015, 4:14 am

Originally Posted by gt6373c
Was there about three weeks ago - as a platinum, got upgraded to a suite which was excellent. Lounge was top notch and was given the option to get breakfast there or in the restaurant downstairs. Did both while we were there; breakfast in the restaurant was either the buffet or anything that was on the menu.

Only two issues we ran into were getting to the hotel late at night and wandering from the train station, which, while not that far, wasn't the most pleasant of walks while toting luggage around after midnight. Once we knew where the hotel was and how to short circuit the trip, it wasn't as bad, but, we saw some questionable souls out the first night between the station and the hotel. And... the air conditioning in the room wasn't great - we asked twice for maintenance to come up and they either didn't or couldn't fix it. The hallway outside the room was like a refrigerator, but, we never got the room to be particularly cold.

Overall, despite those two items, would go back if in Cologne without hesitation.

I've noticed the A/C already, especially yesterday. when I arrived in Cologne it was ~100 degrees (F). not what I was hoping for coming from South Florida. lol.

took me a minute to find out which way to go but definitely not too long of a walk from the Köln Hbf. doubtful I would want to do it at midnight though.
Old Jul 16, 2015, 1:56 pm

Room was great at this hotel (Executive Suite, upgraded in advance with no questions asked)

Staff was super friendly, room was always cleaned earlyish in the day so it was always done if I stopped back in after lunch. Despite my reservation being for only 1 person, when i invited someone for breakfast in the restaurant they took off the charges for both of us. (27 euro/person for the buffet)

Lounge for breakfast was decent (just a bit less of a spread than the restaurant) but was super crowded, and I didn't find the evening or dessert offerings to be that great.

A/C in the rooms sucked (as I said in the previous post) but was very comfortable in the hallways/lobby (rooms should be a higher priority in my opinion) but the hotel did waive the 3.50 euro cost for water bottles due to the inadequate room A/C.

Would definitely return to this hotel though. I really enjoyed my stay, the prices, and the location is fantastic.

Was a nice use of my citi prestige 4th night free, and the rate was point/night elligible =]
Old Jul 16, 2015, 2:55 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Thanks for the update! Much appreciated.

Cheers.
Old Aug 20, 2015, 1:25 pm

Programs: Qatar Platinum, Etihad Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Had a nice stay

Stayed here for two nights while touring Germany for the family summer holiday this August.

The hotel was modern and well designed with typical Marriott standard. Got two connected rooms and what was most appreciated is the functional air conditioning system (most Germany properties par Berlin had issues).
Stayed at the sixth floor and had access to the lounge and thought it was well stocked and attended to.

The location was quiet ideal for visiting the main attractions and also at close proximity to the main train station (virtually less the five-minutes walk) which makes it ideal for visitors with no car (I had one and paid €25/day for parking).

I tried the hotel restaurant for breakfast and enjoyed seating in the open air terrace. The breakfast offering included the typical German menu of cheese/cold meat, muesli, cereal etc as well as egg station and waffle/pancakes. It would have been great if more items were added to the Executive Lounge selection like waffle & pancake.

I had an enjoyable stay and would defiantly come back again to Marriott when returning to the lovely city of Cologne.
Old Aug 21, 2015, 7:22 am

Thanks for the update. Much appreciated. Is the exec lounge open on the weekends? Please post & I'll update the exec lounge sticky.

Cheers.
Old Aug 30, 2015, 5:07 am

Programs: Qatar Platinum, Etihad Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Thanks for the update. Much appreciated. Is the exec lounge open on the weekends? Please post & I'll update the exec lounge sticky.

Cheers.
I don't really know about the executive lounge operations during the weekend as my two-day stay was during the weekdays.
Old Oct 7, 2015, 7:42 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Plat,Club Carlson Gold, Amex Plat
I Stayed one night at Marriot Cologne during September part of our Europe vacation.

It is about 3 minutes walk from the train station (go the opposite side of the cathedral) and about 5 minutes from the lovely city center of Cologne.

I arrived about noon time by car (25EUR/night) and was given the same room type Deluxe room which I booked using a corporate rate including breakfast. Also got access to the Executive Lounge (MR Gold). ( Corporate rate with breakfast is less than any other rate I searched)

Rooms are modern, cozy and comfy bed.

The the service and staff in EL is excellent with all day soft drinks and during the evening nice food, salad and beer /wine. During the evening, the EL is about 70% occupied. We had salad and went out for dinner to try a local cuisine.
We opted for breakfast in the main restaurant. ( included in the rate) so can not comment on breakfast on the EL.
Definitely will come back again for the location, friendly staff and rate I got.

The next day I moved to Courtyard Cologne (weekend offer and Platinum challenge) which is 3 blocks away.
Nice hotel , modern style and below average breakfast (included in the rate). I got the room I booked. The hotel parking was full so I was offered to park in front of the hotel at no cost. (2 parking spots available which is kept mainly for emergencies).
Definitely I would recommend Marriot Cologne.
Old Oct 7, 2015, 7:44 am

Thanks for the trip report. Much appreciated.

Cheers.
Old May 26, 2016, 8:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Have an upcoming trip to Cologne for work and probably staying at the Marriott. Noticed this blurb on their website:

Please Note – Rates exclude 5 percent city tax charged at check-out. Business travelers exempt-must present verification at check-in.
Anyone have experience with this? What type of verification I should be prepared to present?
Old May 26, 2016, 8:28 am

Originally Posted by goodeats21
Have an upcoming trip to Cologne for work and probably staying at the Marriott. Noticed this blurb on their website:

Anyone have experience with this? What type of verification I should be prepared to present?
I saw that listed on the Bonn Marriott site as well. I'd call reservations & ask them, or ask them to call the Koln property & find out what is needed. Maybe a biz card?

Cheers.
Old May 26, 2016, 8:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
Originally Posted by goodeats21
Actually, the Hyatt Regency Koln website has a good recap:

http://cologne.regency.hyatt.com/en/...urism-tax.html
Old May 26, 2016, 8:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by Non-NonRev
Actually, the Hyatt Regency Koln website has a good recap:

http://cologne.regency.hyatt.com/en/...urism-tax.html
Perfect. Thanks.
Old May 27, 2016, 9:11 pm

Just seeing this post has me looking at dates to go back.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.