Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Cologne (Koln) Germany [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Cologne (Koln) Germany [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2013, 9:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by FinnishFlash
I might order an omelette in couple of week just to be able to compare it with Nachos

Where do you guys find those 75EUR rates? I'll be staying a paid Sun-Mon night and then a couple of nights on points. The cash night is 139EUR (Sunday night special) and the nights on points would cost 152EUR each?
Check the LNF thread here on FT

Also the restaurant at Cologne Marriott has a sign on their omelette place saying that all omelettes come with Rosti but we never got any
Old Dec 12, 2013, 12:36 pm

Programs: AC MM 50K, Marriott LTT
Originally Posted by Melville
A brief update on the evening lounge offerings since my visit late last year to note it appears the quality and variety have dropped off. A couple of nights the lounge was very full and replenishment was slow. Chicken wings and onion rings were subbed in for the two hot dishes. The initial hot items were not of the same caliber as I recall over the past few years when beef tenderloin and poached salmon made an appearance in the evenings.

It may just be a down few days, but very noticeable drop in the evening selections which is disappointing. Staff remains top notch and does the best to cope with the crowds at busy times.
Must have been just a few off days as evening fare was as good as ever with excellent hot items which remained well stocked by the excellent lounge staff. :-:
Old Dec 12, 2013, 12:38 pm

Programs: AC MM 50K, Marriott LTT
Renovations well done!

The Cologne Marriott has completed a major renovation of the Executive Lounge which has changed the look and layout significantly. The colour and decor are very modern with a predominately black and white backdrop with copper accents. The seating areas have been changed to provide some additional seating. There is bench type seating along both walls with large comfortable chairs adjacent one side. There are a few single/double tables and the two centre seat and table sections remain. All furniture has been modernized to match the overall look.

The serving area has been made more efficient to provide space for a very long bar table with bar stools in the area across from the computers. All in all, I found the new look very appealing which only enhances one of the best lounge experiences in Europe.

The rooms have had a makeover with new chairs and white overlays on the desks. The wallpaper is white and fresh looking with new carpeting. The overall colour scheme is brown, black and white. The rooms at the Marriott Cologne are large with lots of open space. I find the lighting to be great for working on the computer and tablet.

I have enjoyed many very pleasant stays at this property. It remains a favourite. The staff always provide a warm and friendly welcome.
Old Dec 13, 2013, 8:48 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Thanks for the update!

Cheers.
Old Sep 23, 2014, 4:16 pm
Suspended

Cologne now has a Courtyard hotel not far from the Marriott.

It is a new build and still rated at a Category 5.

I was thinking of using some Megabonus certs here and was wondering whether anyone has been here yet as it had opened in the late Spring of 2014.
Old Jun 20, 2015, 7:55 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Best Western Diamond
Any updates on the Cologne Marriott? Have an 8 night stay coming up first week of july...Reasonable price (Comes to 940 eur for 8 nights, then I get 4th night free from citi prestige)

I trust FT more than tripadvisor, so any recent opinions on it much appreciated.
Old Jun 21, 2015, 8:56 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
If you don't get any input, please update this thread after your stay so we're all up to speed on it. Thx!

Cheers.
Old Jun 21, 2015, 12:07 pm

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
If you don't get any input, please update this thread after your stay so we're all up to speed on it. Thx!

Cheers.
For sure. The hotel site still says lounge 7 days a week, but I'll povide an update on that as well, since the last one (in the thread) was a year ago
Old Jun 22, 2015, 9:27 am

Originally Posted by jsucool76
Any updates on the Cologne Marriott? Have an 8 night stay coming up first week of july...Reasonable price (Comes to 940 eur for 8 nights, then I get 4th night free from citi prestige)

I trust FT more than tripadvisor, so any recent opinions on it much appreciated.
Lounge is open 7 days a week and quite good. As a platinum member I always got a suite whenever I asked them in advance. ( though I'm quite often there)

If you have more questions regarding the Marriott or Cologne itself, let me know.
Old Jun 22, 2015, 10:05 am

Originally Posted by Mystery7
Lounge is open 7 days a week and quite good. As a platinum member I always got a suite whenever I asked them in advance. ( though I'm quite often there)

If you have more questions regarding the Marriott or Cologne itself, let me know.
I shot them an email and asked for an upgrade in advance. Got an email back from the GMs assistant saying "It definitely looks like there's a possibility of a suite upgrade on the executive level" so I'm psyched.

Last I checked hotel was booked solid though (I was rechecking rates), and there's some big music festival happening a few miles away, so we'll see what happens.
Old Jun 22, 2015, 10:32 am

I shot them an email and asked for an upgrade in advance. Got an email back from the GMs assistant saying "It definitely looks like there's a possibility of a suite upgrade on the executive level" so I'm psyched.

Last I checked hotel was booked solid though (I was rechecking rates), and there's some big music festival happening a few miles away, so we'll see what happens.
Great, the Executive and Grand Executive Suites are lovely. Remember that you can have breakfast at the restaurant as well, just sign the check and they will remove it from your final bill. (Just double check with the front desk - just in case they changed that policy)
Old Jun 22, 2015, 4:50 pm

Originally Posted by Mystery7
Great, the Executive and Grand Executive Suites are lovely. Remember that you can have breakfast at the restaurant as well, just sign the check and they will remove it from your final bill. (Just double check with the front desk - just in case they changed that policy)

Awesome, thanks so much for the info!

The only part I'm not excited about is my trip from FRA to the Koln hbf, but I've read that the hbf is like...3 blocks away from the marriott, so that's dope. Saves me some money.
Old Jun 22, 2015, 8:32 pm

Programs: Delta DM/1.3MM, Marriott PP/LTP, Natl EE, Etihad Guest, FT FNG
Awesome, thanks so much for the info!

The only part I'm not excited about is my trip from FRA to the Koln hbf, but I've read that the hbf is like...3 blocks away from the marriott, so that's dope. Saves me some money.
The trip from FRA to the Koln hbf isn't bad. We've done it several times.

When you leave the Koln hbf to walk to the Marriott, make sure that you exit by the McDonald's (back entrance vs. the Main entrance by the Cathedral). Walk past the Currywurst stand and down the street to the Marriott. You're correct in that it's only about 3 blocks. Can't miss it.
Old Jun 22, 2015, 8:51 pm

Programs: UA *S , MR LT Titanium, HH Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by DYKWIA2014
The trip from FRA to the Koln hbf isn't bad. We've done it several times
In fact it is the only reasonable method of travel from FRA to Cologne. The ICE-train takes 56 minutes for that Trip vs. about 90 minutes by car (more if you run into traffic) or almost three hours by plane (connecting in MUC). Also the Train station is connected to FRA so this is really an easy connection.

Greetings - Dirk
Old Jun 22, 2015, 10:52 pm

Originally Posted by DYKWIA2014
The trip from FRA to the Koln hbf isn't bad. We've done it several times.

When you leave the Koln hbf to walk to the Marriott, make sure that you exit by the McDonald's (back entrance vs. the Main entrance by the Cathedral). Walk past the Currywurst stand and down the street to the Marriott. You're correct in that it's only about 3 blocks. Can't miss it.
Originally Posted by djohannw
In fact it is the only reasonable method of travel from FRA to Cologne. The ICE-train takes 56 minutes for that Trip vs. about 90 minutes by car (more if you run into traffic) or almost three hours by plane (connecting in MUC). Also the Train station is connected to FRA so this is really an easy connection.

Greetings - Dirk
Yeah it's not so much the length of the trip, it's the fact I have to do it after a flight from FLL-PHL, ~4hr layover, then PHL-FRA, then a train trip for an hour :P and I land right in the morning so then I need to start my doing stuff.

Also, my reservation now displays Executive Suite. Dope :P

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.