Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Marriott-family hotels in Hong Kong, pre-2014

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott-family hotels in Hong Kong, pre-2014

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2002, 5:22 pm

Programs: UA-Platimum 2 MM, HH-Gold, MR-Lifetime Gold, Hyatt-Discoverist
I don't know anything about the properties but on the Marriott web site they were offering rooms at the Kowloon Renaissance for 800 HK$ (about $100 US) and the Renaissance at the Convention Center for HK$888. If you have any elite status with Marriott I would assume you could get upgraded.

[This message has been edited by mauld (edited 01-05-2002).]
Old Jan 7, 2002, 5:22 pm

Programs: BR, UA 1k, CX
How are the rooms at the JW Marriott, I will stay there for 2 nights, are they big rooms, nice bathrooms, ect, what can I expect?
Old Jan 12, 2002, 10:55 pm
DKM

Hong Kong properties

I'll be in Hong Kong next month and there are several properties to choose from. The Renaissance hotels seem to have the best web deals, but I haven't a clue where to stay. JW? Renaissance?..... If anyone has any advice to offer, I'd appreciate it.
Old Jan 13, 2002, 6:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL GM, AA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Plat

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum63/HTML/001262.html
Old Jan 13, 2002, 11:08 am
doc
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

While the rooms are not really huge at the JW Marriott, I like this place very much for its' location, delightful service and fine Exec Lounge!
Old Jan 13, 2002, 3:03 pm
rjh

Programs: Kam Leng; Two Dragons GH
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Taipei:
How are the rooms at the JW Marriott, I will stay there for 2 nights, are they big rooms, nice bathrooms, ect, what can I expect?</font>
Are you familiar with the usual Hong Kong rooms? They are smaller than those in many cities.

My experience is that the JW has rooms somewhat smaller than, say, the adjoining Conrad. They are decent, though. Bathrooms and amenities are average for this class. Lobby is good. Staff is friendly and helpful. Restaurants are average, except for Zen, which is exceptional.
Rich
Old Jan 15, 2002, 8:03 am
GYK

Programs: United Million-Miler, SPG Gold
I just got back from HKG 2 weeks ago and stayed at the Sheraton Kowloon and the Marco Polo Gateway. I had a suite at the Sheraton which was smaller than my non-suite room at the Marco Polo Gateway (which was a very roomy size by US standards). I would choose the Marco Polo Gateway over Sheraton, and the cost was under US$100. The higher the floor the better though for traffic noise.
Old Jan 15, 2002, 1:41 pm

I was at the JW Marriott for my honeymoon in May. My husband is platinum and a native of the island, but we did not receive any upgrades. However, we had a little fruit platter + tea waiting for us and the bathroom had nice amenities. A view of Vitoria Peak isn't a bad consolation prize if you can't get the harbor side.
Old Jan 16, 2002, 1:51 pm

How far is the Marriott from the subway station?
Old Jan 16, 2002, 5:54 pm
R&R

It is built almost over the subway. Down the elevator and into the mall full of restaurants and a short walk over to the rails.

Old Jan 16, 2002, 9:41 pm
rjh

Programs: Kam Leng; Two Dragons GH
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by inlandrev:
How far is the Marriott from the subway station?</font>
Supplementing the other answer, it's 3 minutes walk to Admiralty station. Also, it's directly served by the free shuttle bus from the Hong Kong Airport Express station. The AirBus stops outside up the road a bit. It's about a 10 minute walk from Central.
Rich
Old Apr 27, 2002, 6:34 am

Programs: AC*SE; AC 2MM; Marriott Platinum Elite
Renaissance Harbour View Hong Kong

My wife and I are thinking of staying at this property for an upcoming vacation.

Have any of you folks stayed at this location and how does it compare to other Marriott hotels in Hong Kong.

Any feedback would be very much appreciated.
Old Apr 27, 2002, 6:43 am
Original Member

Programs: miles&more, MileagePlus

[This message has been edited by Rudi (edited 04-27-2002).]
Old Apr 27, 2002, 11:31 am

Programs: Plat Marriott, GM Delta, 1K United
We've stayed several times at this property and like it very much -- I haven't stayed at other Marriotts in Hong Kong, but have stayed at the Peninsula. Very satisfied with this hotel -- good food, great lounge, liked the location
Old Apr 27, 2002, 11:42 am
Original Member

All three are acceptable. JW Marriott is the best Marriott property in HK and closest to the subway station. The New World property is usually the cheapest and closest to the tourist areas. Stay at the Harbour View if you are attending events at the Convention Center, which is right next door.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.