Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Marriott-family hotels in Hong Kong, pre-2014

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott-family hotels in Hong Kong, pre-2014

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2003, 3:47 pm

Location: DALLAS,TX AA EXP-3MM, HYT PLAT, SPG PLAT,HLT GLD,LEADERS CLUB
The Jw is conected to Pacific Place a large upscale mall and office complex.There is also a subway station at PP. Plenty of restaurants,movies and shops.
The club is nice and looks over the harbour.
I can't comment on the conrad as I have never stayed there.
Old Feb 8, 2004, 10:09 am

Programs: Aeroplan SE AND 1MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum , L'Accor Platinum
Sankaps:

I wonder how your trip went. We will be staying at Hong Kong for 3 nights, later next month.

FlyerGoldII
Old Feb 8, 2004, 10:11 am

Programs: Aeroplan SE AND 1MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum , L'Accor Platinum
Any Marriotts in Hong Kong, besides JW Marriott?

Are there any other Marriotts in Hong Kong, besides the JW Marriott (described in the link below) - including other sister hotels, such as Ritz Carleton etc? What do you think of these hotels?

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum63/HTML/003124.html

[This message has been edited by FlyerGoldII (edited Feb 08, 2004).]
Old Feb 8, 2004, 10:39 am

Programs: STARS/LUMINOUS, PRIVE, FSPP, STARS, MO FAN Club, PEN Club, Bellini Club
I'm not sure I understood your questions, but if you are asking if there are other Marriott properties in Hong Kong other than the JW, then yes there are 2 others.

The Renaissance in Kowloon and the Renaissance in Wanchai. They are pretty much across from each other with the water seperating them. I personally prefer the Kowloon one but thats due to location. The JW is the best Marriott property in my opinion.
Old Feb 9, 2004, 11:01 pm

Programs: Hertz Gold Member ,Avis Preferred, DL SKYCLUB
Which Marriott Property in Hong Kong? Overall Choice

Visiting Hong kong in late summer but i am having a hard time trying to choose which property between J.W Marriott, the Renaiisance and the marriott in the harbour for a seven night stay, they all seem to be offering luxury.
Anyone who stay at any of these property please chime in.
Old Feb 9, 2004, 11:10 pm

Programs: STARS/LUMINOUS, PRIVE, FSPP, STARS, MO FAN Club, PEN Club, Bellini Club
Some info here, but not very much.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum63/HTML/003691.html
Old Feb 10, 2004, 4:54 am
R&R

I have stayed at the Marriott on the island and connected to a upscale mall and a subway stop.

It was great. They even let me break up an award week to spend a couple of days in China. A lot of restaurants in the lower level on the way to the Subway.

The lounge was fabulous.
Of course, this was just before HKG was returned to China.
I spent Christmas eve this year at the Salisbury Y. Very convenient for shopping, etc. Just step out the door.
Seems only the older folks in the shops speak English. None of the young people understood English! Except for the offer I got from a very pretty young gal, while I was walking around.

Old Feb 10, 2004, 6:46 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by melvin:
Visiting Hong kong in late summer but i am having a hard time trying to choose which property between J.W Marriott, the Renaiisance and the marriott in the harbour for a seven night stay, they all seem to be offering luxury.
Anyone who stay at any of these property please chime in.
</font>
I stayed at the Rennaissance in Dec 2003. This place is undergoing some long term renovations and it has seen better days. Avoid this property.
Old Feb 11, 2004, 4:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: La Ministreuse de Surréalisme, CO Plat, MR Plat, SPG Plat
I've stayed at all three, but made the JW my "home away from home" four years ago and haven't been disapointed since. Good location, easy access to transportation, great lounge, very good staff. The view is great and the rooms are fine. I got larger rooms at the Renaissance, but it has seen better days and it has no harbor view. The Harbour View has seen better days as well. Overall, I highly recommend the JW.
Old Feb 11, 2004, 6:32 pm

I too have stayed at the JW Marriott on Hong Kong Island many times and have been very impressed on each occasion. It is attached to Pacific Place, a nice mall with good restaurants. The health club is also nearly spa-quality. And, just in case you start to miss western food while you are there, the Pacific Place Mall also has a great Irish Pub / Restaurant near the entrance to the Marriott that even has Sam Adams beer! I'd highly recommend this property.
Old Feb 13, 2004, 9:25 pm

Programs: AS MVP
Both the JW Marriot and New World NW Renaissance are located in two very prime areas of Hong Kong. JW is in Admiralty and NW is in TST. JW Marriot is of course a lot more luxurious than the NW, but its lowest room rates are probably almost twice of NW's lowest rates. I'm not sure if price matters to you.

I'd recommend splitting the stays between the two hotels as you'll get to experience the different parts of Hong Kong. First 4 nights in the NW Renaissance and the subsequent 3 nights at the JW.

[This message has been edited by flyingstudent (edited Feb 13, 2004).]
Old Feb 19, 2004, 7:43 pm

JW Marriott, Hong Kong, and lounge access?

I have basic status with Marriott Awards, and am a Marriott Vacation Club owner.

I booked a 3 night stay next month, at JW Marriott, through Marriott reward points.

Is there any legal way to get lounge access, without having to stay in a room, on a executive floor?
Old Feb 19, 2004, 8:15 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, United Silver
Last time I was there you could buy your way in for HK$200 per night. You might want to call ahead and ask what the deal is today.
Old Mar 24, 2004, 8:21 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, AA EXP (2.2MM), Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
What is the easiest way to get to the JW? I'm going to HKG in a month for the first time and will be staying at the JW. Looking for the easiest way to get there. Thanks.
Old Mar 24, 2004, 10:55 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, AA Plat MM
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by JonnieB:
What is the easiest way to get to the JW? I'm going to HKG in a month for the first time and will be staying at the JW. Looking for the easiest way to get there. Thanks.</font>
I personally don't have the answer to your question, but try looking up the Conrad Hong Kong in the Hilton forum. It is adjacent to the JW, and your question has been asked and answered many times there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.