Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Marriott-family hotels in Hong Kong, pre-2014

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott-family hotels in Hong Kong, pre-2014

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2001, 8:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL GM, AA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Plat
The Ritz Carlton on Connaught, which is where I stayed with my wife for 4 days in 1998.

We did a suite on the club floor for a stunninly cheap "summer rate", booked on their web site.

The best part was when we arrived, they had pre-printed about a dozen business cards in english and chinese, with the RC address and my name "In Residence"

Great hotel, great experience.
Old Dec 9, 2001, 8:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If memory serves, it was about $300 US a night, and we had a spectacular Harbor View.
Old Dec 9, 2001, 10:24 pm

Either Conrad or island-shangri-La
Old Dec 10, 2001, 6:00 am

The sight of Victoria Harbor from the Kowloon side at night is the most breathtaking city view I've ever had the thrill to see. I can't imagine ever tiring of it, and I can't imagine going all the way to Hong Kong and not enjoying that view as much as possible. Add to that the excitement of Kowloon, and the choice of hotels is relatively easy:

The Kowloon Shangri-La or the Inter-Continental Hong Kong (formerly the Regent), being sure to reserve a Harbour-view room. Both hotels are excellent: comfortable and well-supplied rooms, great service, nice restaurants both inside and nearby.
Old Dec 10, 2001, 2:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: La Ministreuse de Surréalisme, CO Plat, MR Plat, SPG Plat
Island Shangri-La without question
Old Dec 16, 2001, 7:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker

Okay, without going to a Days Inn level property, what would folks select if budget is an issue. $300 per night is not exactly chicken feed for most of us.
Old Dec 16, 2001, 8:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Since you posted this in the Marriott forum, perhaps you expected a Marriott recommendation? You may find a deal through a consolidator for the JW Marriott (not a harbor view room, though) for less than $200/night. The JW is in the same massive retail complex as the afore-mentioned Conrad and Shangri-la. I stayed at the JW in March and recommend it highly; as a Gold I enjoyed the upgrade to exec. level.
Old Dec 17, 2001, 10:02 am
rjh

Programs: Kam Leng; Two Dragons GH
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by NoStressHere:
Okay, without going to a Days Inn level property, what would folks select if budget is an issue. ...</font>

Easiest way to hold down costs in HKG for a decent hotel is to book through a site such as www.asiatravel.com. Of course, sometimes individual hotel chains have promotions that are better.
Rich
Old Dec 17, 2001, 1:26 pm

Programs: BR, UA 1k, CX
JW Marriott is US$120 with 30 day advance purchase!
Old Dec 17, 2001, 7:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by NoStressHere:

Okay, without going to a Days Inn level property, what would folks select if budget is an issue. $300 per night is not exactly chicken feed for most of us.
</font>
HK is like NY, there's expensive, more expensive, and "Oh My!".
Old Dec 19, 2001, 9:18 am
Patron

In JW Marriott HongKong it pays if you are Platinum. As Taipei already posted, I found the 30 day advance purches rate (non-refundable, non-changable)*DELUXE RMFULL DEPOSIT(WITH TAX) REQUIRED UPON BOOKING*RATE EXCL 13PCT TAXI agree with 3Cforme

Old Dec 19, 2001, 9:36 am
Patron

Sorry for my first posting to this topic, it is not complete. I tried to delate it, but I am not able to do so. Here is the full message:

In JW Marriott Hong Kong (5* plus hotel) it pays if you are Platinum.
As Taipei already posted, I also found the 30 day advance purchase rate (non-refundable, non-changable)for HKD 950,-- (+ 13% Tax) on https://www.marriott.com/reservation...T=NPROPSEARCH.
Even with this very low rate - I paid a year ago mor than double this amount - I ended up in an executive level harbour view room with access to the lounge. The serves in the longe is excellent and the best I know from Marriott properties. They provide dishes every day and nearly every time (breakfast, lunch, dinner)and in the evening, eveven alcoholic drinks are complimentary.
For business and pleasure, the location is also great: Adjacent to "Pacific Place" a sophisticated shopping mall with access to the Admiralty MTR Station and the Hong Kong Park.

Old Dec 21, 2001, 7:37 am
rjh

Two questions for those who've stayed recently at the JW Marriott in HKG in a harbor view room:
--any significant traffic noise?
--is the view of the harbor obstructed by construction or buildings?

Thanks.
Rich
Old Dec 21, 2001, 9:26 am
Patron

1. My room was on 34th floor and there was no noise at all.
2. You still have a nice view of the harbor but at least two buildings will interruptyour view.

Old Dec 21, 2001, 8:41 pm
rjh

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Patron:
1. My room was on 34th floor and there was no noise at all.
2. You still have a nice view of the harbor but at least two buildings will interruptyour view.</font>

Thanks. I've been staying Kowloon side lately and haven't paid attention to the latest construction events, which are a show always in progress in HKG.
Rich

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.