Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Rewards Premier Visa Signature card [2017 and earlier]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 13, 2015, 4:14 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
What are the current offers?
Is there a business version of this card?
Can I apply for this card and earn the bonus after doing so previously?
Once I meet the card's initial spending requirement, how soon will I receive my signup bonus points?
If I cancel my card after the annual free-night cert has posted, will I lose the cert?

See concurrent discussion in the wikis at
Marriott Credit Card Offers & Associated Benefits (2016) and
Chase Free Night Certificate
Print Wikipost

Marriott Rewards Premier Visa Signature card [2017 and earlier]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2006, 11:37 pm

TRIED and tried to apply...finally

I have a MR Visa Signature card, and tried to click the "Click here to apply now or call 1-800-630-0831 to apply by phone and mention card code 5ZF3." and it said "Server down, try again..blah blah". I then tried calling the 1-800-631-0831. Three times they told me there is no such card in their computer. I then tried the other two 800 numbers from the Visa Signature and the Business card. Same Result. Finally, I tried "miller4isu" technique. Called customer service, got transferred, and then the poor lady had to read a script to find out it WAS indeed the right card. It took 30 mins, but should be well worth the wait.

Just my .02 on the process. The customer service number is 800-338-5960 but you can ONLY talk to a PERSON if you have an existing account. They make it tough.

MW
Old Feb 26, 2006, 7:15 am

Programs: MR LTT, BA Gold, AA LTP, UA Silver
FWIW, Chase has their weekly IT maintenance window Saturday night through Sunday at 10 AM EST.

I tried the phone route and it ended up the same way. The Indian guy on the other end put me on hold 3 times. I suspected he was going to enroll me for the VISA signature card, since when I put emphasis on the "Premier" he didn't agree the first few mentions. When he finally did, I asked him “How many points will I earn per dollar spent at Marriott Reward Properties?”. After being on hold he starts telling me how to redeem points, and very badly at that. He fuddled about and finally after I asked my same question again, and he came back with an answer to a question I didn't ask. I told him I changed my mind. Fortunately I had not yet provided him with any personal information.

I went back to the web site and signed up for the CC with no problems.

Oh BTW, since this offer was from First USA Bank and not Chase, NA I was a bit skeptical. Before registering I did a trace route on the link and found it went to JPMORGANCHASE.COM servers on the Bank One, Columbus, NA BANKONE-159-53 network. Also after I registered I got notification of an Inquiry by First USA Bank from the credit reporting agencies. I also received a confirmation email from Chase Bank USA, N.A. [[email protected]] which traced back to the relaying mail servers smtpext53.bankone.com and internalhost.FCNBD.com, which are both registered to JPMorgan Chase & Co. according to Whois.

I guess the Chase networking department has yet to standardize their naming from their previous 2 mergers/acquisitions. Actually they are all registered to JPMorgan Chase & Co., but it doesn't give one warm and fuzzies when you see old names being used on the front end.
Old Feb 26, 2006, 8:20 am

Receive 15 nights toward your next Elite membership level in Marriott Rewards every year, enjoy Silver Elite status or better.
As noted earlier in this thread, this bonus is not "valid only for first time Marriott Rewards Visa Cardmembers" and accordingly should apply to retreads like myself.

Question: I would suppose these would count toward the "rolling year" qualification?

I missed requalifying in 2005 for Gold in 2006 by 5 nights (unfortunately many of the places I was sent last year didn't have a Marriott), and so will descend to Silver status on 1 March. However, as of 1 March, I will have 46 nights on the "rolling year" 1 March 05 - 1 March 06 and, as I understand it, as soon as my "rolling year" total hits 50, I'll be Gold again.

Unfortunately, March and April 2005 had a bunch of Marriott stays, so just making those up as they expire was going to be a challenge. If I can get 15 added to the total, that should immediately (well, they say to allow 6 - 8 weeks for them to be credited, which ought to be done by 30 April) bring me over 50 nights and back to Gold.

Woo-Hoo!!

My Marriott Rewards VISA year ends in March anyway, so I'll just call them when the annual fee gets billed and see what we can work out.
Old Feb 28, 2006, 1:44 pm

I went through the phone labyrinth discussed above and was finally directed to 888-692-4273. Talked to a Chase rep in the U.S. who took my application over the phone. With all of the required disclosures she had to read to me, it would have been much easier to apply online. Still, total time on the phone was only about 10 minutes.

As indicated above, the offer is clearly available to current Marriott Visa cardholders. It's only the 15,000 points for signing up for the card that are supposedly not available to existing cardholders. (The restriction is in note 2 of the offer. That note applies only to the 15,000 points.) All other bonuses/incentives apply.
Old Feb 28, 2006, 11:53 pm

Originally Posted by Dave M
It's only the 15,000 points for signing up for the card that are supposedly not available to existing cardholders. (The restriction is in note 2 of the offer. That note applies only to the 15,000 points.) All other bonuses/incentives apply.
Unless you're reading a different offer than I am, I'd have to disagree. It appears the free night certificate on opening the account (but not the one each year thereafter) and the 2-for-1 Golf coupon are also limited to first-time Marriott Rewards VISA cardmembers, see notes 3 and 6. However, if you read note 3 closely, it appears that if you have only a Marriott Rewards VISA Signature card (not a "Premier" VISA Signature card), you might be eligible for this as well.
Old Mar 1, 2006, 10:21 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Counsellor
Unless you're reading a different offer than I am, I'd have to disagree. It appears the free night certificate on opening the account (but not the one each year thereafter) and the 2-for-1 Golf coupon are also limited to first-time Marriott Rewards VISA cardmembers, see notes 3 and 6. However, if you read note 3 closely, it appears that if you have only a Marriott Rewards VISA Signature card (not a "Premier" VISA Signature card), you might be eligible for this as well.
It seems to me that a First Time Card Holder and Existing Card Holder are 2 different things.

if I cancel my MR Visa card, then I am no longer an Existing Card Holder, yet since I did have a MR Visa although Not Premier Im not truely a First Time Holder.

since Ive had various cards with MR cancelling them when the Fee comes in and always received the Bonus sign-up when I applied and got a New Card with a New # of cause. Id think that the same will apply to this New Premeir Card. Since it isnt Fee free the Only way to know if you can get it all again (which is really only the Bonus Sign-up Pts) is to wait till you receive the Renewal Fee and Cancel and then go apply again. I think this is what they mean by First Time Card Holder that at some time you had had a Premeir Card and are now reapplying, but if you Never had the P card then you will get all the Bonuses, dont know what will happen if you have another MR Visa at the same time.

Therefore Id cancel any MR Card that I have before I would apply for the P Card , just to be sure
Old Mar 1, 2006, 4:17 pm

Programs: Starwood Gold, HiltonHHonors Silver, Marriott Silver, Delta SkyMiles
2 points per $ spent is a great deal. Worth the $65 a year to me. Marriott and Starwood are starting to edge out my tried and trued SkyMiles AMEX, esp with the uncertainty of Delta.
Old Mar 1, 2006, 9:22 pm

Programs: AA PLT / MR LTPP 1/1/19 / Hilton Diamond
can these 15 nights be counted for the megapoints bonus promotion?
Old Mar 2, 2006, 11:23 am
Community Director Emerita

Evidently I've been approved for the new card. I just received an email saying I am getting a free night voucher.

Reward code: 34A
Reward description: VISA FREE NIGHT - MARRIOTT HOTEL
Valid through: Sat, September 02, 2006
Points redeemed: 0
It will be paper. The electronic summary does not indicate that it is only good for certain level of Marriott properties.

Last edited by SanDiego1K; Mar 2, 2006 at 11:31 am
Old Mar 2, 2006, 11:27 am

Nevermind.
Old Mar 2, 2006, 11:34 am

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Platinum, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
Evidently I've been approved for the new card. I just received an email saying I am getting a free night voucher.
How long ago did you apply compared to when you received this email?
Old Mar 2, 2006, 11:49 am

Originally Posted by Michigan Czar
How long ago did you apply compared to when you received this email?
A week ago? 10 days? After this thread had several posts, certainly - I used the link that was given.

Last edited by SanDiego1K; Mar 2, 2006 at 12:16 pm
Old Mar 2, 2006, 12:08 pm

Location: New Berlin, WI USA - DL Platinum Elite - Marriott Platinum Premier
Me too, I guess

I got the same email today about a free night reward ordered...I'm expecting that's what it means...been about 10 days since I applied also...

ChazDawg
Old Mar 3, 2006, 5:17 am

Programs: MR LTT, BA Gold, AA LTP, UA Silver
I didn't get an email, but I was checking my account's reward certificates and noticed that I was had a free 1 night category 1-5 voucher certificate in my account.
Old Mar 3, 2006, 10:42 am

Originally Posted by VA1379
The room certificates are category 1-4 after you sign up for the card and a category 1-5 certificate for each anniversary of your card membership thereafter.
Good news! I just looked at my Marriott account, and it shows my certificate is

Visa free night category 1-5 hotels

I went and looked after seeing aaupgrade's post. So we are getting the better cert from the beginning.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.