Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Bonus bucks questions and issues [Merged threads]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bonus bucks questions and issues [Merged threads]

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2005, 11:21 pm

Programs: FD silver, PC plat. royal ambassador, SPG gold, HH gold, MR silver
Thanks for the help and information. I'm not familiar with this promo since it's rather new to Europe. Didn't know you could only use 1 voucher per stay . I did find some properties that offer the voucher all week during the summer holidays
Old Jun 5, 2005, 12:20 pm

Originally Posted by paul_nl
Didn't know you could only use 1 voucher per stay .
I don't think it's "one voucher per stay" but rather "one voucher per two consecutive nights". I have used two Bonus Bucks during a four-day stay, one applied against nights #1 and #2, and the second against nights #3 and #4, with no trouble.
Old Jun 6, 2005, 8:17 am

Looks like the OTP code works for some U.K. properties as well, except you get a GBP100 Bonus Bucks cert instead. Thanks OP for posting.
Old Jun 6, 2005, 11:43 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by paul_nl
Thanks for the help and information. I'm not familiar with this promo since it's rather new to Europe. Didn't know you could only use 1 voucher per stay . I did find some properties that offer the voucher all week during the summer holidays

paul_nl --

There may be some differences with the US promotion because I recall in the US Terms and conditions, that the Certs are only good until 12/27/2005. It appears that the European version has them extending past that date.

In addition, and this is also quite important, the US Certs cannot be used until 9/1/05, so if the European certs are the same -- and they may not be --but if they read the same, then you will not be able to hop in July from on CY or Marriott to another, even by staying 2 days at each, and use the certs.

So, until someone actually gets the certs in hand, I would hesitate in definitely thinking that you can do what you were thinking in Berlin. Go ahead and book, but be prepared that your expectations may not meet with the Terms and Conditions of the reality of the OTP cert.

Good Luck.
Old Jun 6, 2005, 12:37 pm

Programs: FD silver, PC plat. royal ambassador, SPG gold, HH gold, MR silver
Originally Posted by NJUPINTHEAIR

paul_nl --

There may be some differences with the US promotion because I recall in the US Terms and conditions, that the Certs are only good until 12/27/2005. It appears that the European version has them extending past that date.

In addition, and this is also quite important, the US Certs cannot be used until 9/1/05, so if the European certs are the same -- and they may not be --but if they read the same, then you will not be able to hop in July from on CY or Marriott to another, even by staying 2 days at each, and use the certs.

So, until someone actually gets the certs in hand, I would hesitate in definitely thinking that you can do what you were thinking in Berlin. Go ahead and book, but be prepared that your expectations may not meet with the Terms and Conditions of the reality of the OTP cert.

Good Luck.
Thanks for the advice, I think I will just stay somewhere in a courtyard to find out more about the T&C. After all it's still a great deal, paying only 69 euro for 2 persons (breakfast included) and walk away with a 50 euro bonus
Old Jun 7, 2005, 1:41 am

Programs: LH Sen // HH Dia; Bonvoy LTTE
Originally Posted by NJUPINTHEAIR

paul_nl --

Good Luck.
I have received several bonus bucks (100EUR voucher, 100GBP voucher, 50GBP voucher) in Europe in different hotels in the meantime. All of the vouchers are valid until 15-01-2006.

edited to add: Coupons can be used immediately. I have not seen a restriction date in order to not use the coupons immediately.

Last edited by LH738; Jun 7, 2005 at 2:55 am
Old Jun 7, 2005, 2:09 am

Location: fort worth, tx AA Gold,Best Western-Diamond, HH- Gold, Marriott-Silver
From the marriott site type in the city and country you want to stay in, use OTP code and then click on "Rate Rules" when the hotels offering the stay for Breakfast Promotion are listed.

The ones I saw in Germany stated: Valid for a future stay within the next 6 months.

You get 100 euro Coupon at Marriotts and a 50 euro coupon at Courtyards. In the US the ones earned at Marriott/Renaissance are only usable at those two brands, the ones earned at Courtyard, Spring Hill etc are only usable at those brands. So in the US you can not earn a $100 BB at a Marriott and then use it at a Courtyard or visa versa. They must be used at a comprable brand to where they were earned.
Old Jun 7, 2005, 2:19 am

Excerpt from the back of the coupons:

1. Coupon is valid at Marriott, JW Marriott, Renaissance. Not valid ate Courtyard, Fairfield Inn, Marriott Vacation Club, Marriott Executive Apartments, etc. (I would assume that the vocuhers from Courtyard stays are then only valid in Courtyards, Fairfield Inn and similiar, but not in Marriott/Renaissance)
2. Must be a registered guest, and a consecutive 2 night paid stay is required. Only 1 coupon is applicable per 2 night stay.
4. Present Coupon to Front Desk at check-in for credit. Coupon will be cashed-in on bill.
5. Not accepted in gift shop, restaurant, spa, etc.
9. Coupon may be used for all publicly listed and available room rates and packages, excluding catering, group and ontract rates
Old Jun 10, 2005, 8:21 am

Link to promo info, good for locations outside North America:

Link

Last edited by timid_trnchcoat; Jun 16, 2005 at 12:20 pm
Old Jun 11, 2005, 10:57 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, UA 1K
What is this?

Originally Posted by timid_trnchcoat
Link to promo info, good for locations outside North America:

http://marriott.com/specials/promoti...WT_Ref=MI_HOME
Just looking over the reservation.. any thoughts on what this means?

'And, the chance to do it all again next weekend '. Seems like the promo is offering a free weekend or something but even the terms and conditions are not clear?
Old Jun 14, 2005, 11:45 am

I think it's just their way of saying that the offer appears almost every weekend during the promotion period, so you can do it one weekend after another.
Old Jun 14, 2005, 10:56 pm

Programs: UA 3.6 MM, Marriott Lifetime Plat
Not all full service hotels are created equal

Note that in true marriott style, the property can chose to honor the program or not.

A stay at the Renaissance Heathrow under the OTP program showed me that no one who worked at the front desk knew what a bonus buck was or how to honor the program. All I got in reply was "Oh yes sir, you will receive bonus points" or "We don't do things like they do in the US" No surprise to me, its marriott after all. . .

After two days of badgering the business office they finally coughed up a 50GBP bonus buck. Apparently they felt that they did not have to do the 100GBP bonus buck as outlined in the program for full service hotels. "Whatever" I thought, I had already assumed they weren't going to give me anything anyways.

"Expect nothing and if they finally honor their own programs, you will be pleasantly surprised"
Old Jun 15, 2005, 2:08 am

Originally Posted by NeoOfTheCRS
Note that in true marriott style, the property can chose to honor the program or not.

A stay at the Renaissance Heathrow under the OTP program showed me that no one who worked at the front desk knew what a bonus buck was or how to honor the program. All I got in reply was "Oh yes sir, you will receive bonus points" or "We don't do things like they do in the US" No surprise to me, its marriott after all. . .

After two days of badgering the business office they finally coughed up a 50GBP bonus buck. Apparently they felt that they did not have to do the 100GBP bonus buck as outlined in the program for full service hotels. "Whatever" I thought, I had already assumed they weren't going to give me anything anyways.

"Expect nothing and if they finally honor their own programs, you will be pleasantly surprised"
I stayed two times at the Renaissance LHR during the promotion period. I had the same problems with them arguing that they don't know about the promo. As I had to leave early both times, I didn't have time to argue and I also thought it is not worth while to deal with them directly. I used marriott.com to send a reply to Marriottrewards about not receiving he coupons during check-out. I received a reply a few hours later (! I was really surprised about the fast reply) with a confirmation that the Renaissance will send the Bonus Bucks to my home address. Bonus Bucks arrived a few days later.

This Renaissance LHR was the only hotel I had problems to get the Bonus Bucks. Other hotels offered the Bonus Bucks automatically or gave me he Bonus Bucks after reminding them during check-out.
Old Jun 15, 2005, 5:42 am

Originally Posted by NeoOfTheCRS

I just checked one of the OTP rate rules for the LHR Renaissance and the part relevant to this discussion reads as follows:

Code:
Rate Information  
 * STAY FOR BREAKFAST WITH VISA SUMMER PROMOTION 
 * RATE INCLUDES BREAKFAST FOR 2 ADULTS 
 * PAY WITH A VISA CARD AND RECEIVE A PREMIUM POUNDS COUPON 
 WORTH 50 POUNDS 
 * THIS CAN BE REDEEMED AT ANY PARTICPATING MARRIOTT HOTEL
While this doesn't excuse the fact that they couldn't provide the cert upon check-in, this is consistent with the chart on the bottom of this page which shows that only hotels in downtown London will net you the 100 pound Bonus Bucks cert. I hope that you at least got the breakfast with your room rate.

Last edited by timid_trnchcoat; Jun 16, 2005 at 12:32 pm
Old Jun 15, 2005, 11:23 pm

Programs: UA 3.6 MM, Marriott Lifetime Plat
I stayed there right after the promo began and the rules just said a bonus buck not the amount. So I never saw that link which is dead BTW

Originally Posted by timid_trnchcoat
this page which shows that only hotels in downtown London will net you the 100 pound Bonus Bucks cert. I hope that you at least got the breakfast with your room rate.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.