Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Bonus bucks questions and issues [Merged threads]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bonus bucks questions and issues [Merged threads]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2007, 10:50 am

Programs: Marriott Rewards Silver, Starwood Preferred Guest Plus, Hilton HHonors Gold
Thanks, that's pretty much what I thought but nice to hear it from someone else.

Whilst on this subject (and sorry if this has been answered before), when a CSR makes a note on your reservation, is it the same as entering something into the comments box at the bottom of the screen when you reserve a room online?
Old Jan 10, 2007, 10:59 am

I was told they are exactly the same
Old Jan 11, 2007, 7:41 am

Programs: Marriott Rewards Silver, Starwood Preferred Guest Plus, Hilton HHonors Gold
Thanks, iwpingmu ^
Old Jan 16, 2007, 3:13 pm

Programs: AA LfGLD, HH Gold, PC Plt, Marriott Plt
Bonus Bucks offer

I could not see this already posted and I did a quick search.

http://marriott.com/specials/promoti...on=escape3ways

I have booked a stay in March using the code. Paying about 30US more for the room but get a voucher and dinner thrown in.
Old Jan 16, 2007, 3:56 pm

Programs: DL 2+ million/PM, YX, Marriott Plt, *wood gold, HHonors, CO Plt, UA, AA EXP, WN, AGR
That looks like a pretty good deal. Thanks for posting.
Old Jan 16, 2007, 5:22 pm
Community Director Emerita

I was surprised to see this in the Ts and Cs:

"Bonus Bucks coupon expires three months after issuance."

Is that usually the case?
Old Jan 16, 2007, 7:26 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium (former PP), Hilton Silver, UA Silver, AS Member, Hertz 5*
Three months is much quicker than normal. For hotel rates with Bonus Bucks given out, the expiration is usually at least six to nine months.
Old Jan 16, 2007, 7:34 pm
Original Member

Programs: AAMM & PLT; UA Gold, DL Silver, Marriott LT Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hertz #1 Gold Club
Originally Posted by Smart Monkey
I could not see this already posted and I did a quick search.

http://marriott.com/specials/promoti...on=escape3ways

I have booked a stay in March using the code. Paying about 30US more for the room but get a voucher and dinner thrown in.

I just priced out a couple of upcoming stays and the cost with this offer code went from $152 per night, to $445 per night

Last edited by jamflyer; Jan 16, 2007 at 7:44 pm Reason: edit
Old Jan 16, 2007, 7:36 pm

Originally Posted by Smart Monkey
Paying about 30US more for the room but get a voucher and dinner thrown in.
FYI, the eBay value of $100 Bonus Bucks is $25 or less. Not sure how much the dinner is worth but you could probably do better with one of the promo codes.
Old Jan 16, 2007, 10:02 pm

Programs: DL 2+ million/PM, YX, Marriott Plt, *wood gold, HHonors, CO Plt, UA, AA EXP, WN, AGR
Interesting. I priced out a stay that I've already got booked on an M11 (still gives bonus bucks at this hotel). The price is $30 more for this package vis the M11 ($84/night vs $114/night). The hotel dinner and other accompanyments are probably worth the $30. Other hotels may be very different.

Not a knock-your-socks-off deal, but a pretty good deal anyway.
Old Jan 18, 2007, 12:59 pm

Programs: AA Platinum 1MM - Marriott Silver
Worked great for me!

I used the promo for my one night stay at the Ren Denver and got the same rate I had ($139+bkf+$55 dinner credit) but now I get a $100 Bonus Buck too. So, virtually my stay is free.
Old Jan 18, 2007, 3:41 pm

Programs: UA LTG, AA LTG, Bonvoy LTP, IHG Plat, LHW Sterling
$100 BB for just a one night stay?

Past BB offers I have seen are $50 BB for 1 night stay and $100 BB for 2 night stay. The T&Cs mention both $50 and $100 BBs... but nothing as to how you earn them. Is this BB offer different for each hotel... that is... one hotel might give a $100BB for a 1 night stay and others a $50BB?
Old Jan 18, 2007, 5:45 pm

Programs: HH Silver IHG Platinum
I believe the fine print states that you must stay there for two nights, however, the language is ambigous and may mean that you need to stay two nights to redeem. It is not very clear.
Old Jan 18, 2007, 9:11 pm

Bonus Bucks "ran out" will be mailed...

For the second time since Jan 1, I've run into a situation where the FS Marriott hotel has no Bonus Bucks to issue and promises to mail them later. I've yet to receive the first one (for the night of Jan 1). On top of that, I've run across a CY hotel manager that didn't understand that she was supposed to have BBs (she thought corp sent them)... she has promised me that they were mailed yesterday - and she gave me extra points as comp.

Tonight's deal is more problematic. I'm booked into the Fairview Park Marriott tonight and tomorrow. I'm booked back in here next Thurs/Fri nights, and I was planning on using the BB certificate that I got for this stay on next weekend's stay.

I will be talking with the manager tomorrow about how we handle next week (maybe get them to discount the room, maybe get them to hold the certs for my arrival).

Just a "heads up" to other folks that you need to keep on your toes about getting the Bonus Bucks as promised.
Old Jan 18, 2007, 10:51 pm

That's pathetic. I think you should complain to corporate guest services.

Maybe you should get the manager to courier the BB to the Fairview Park Marriott.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.