Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy Hotels in Atlanta, GA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 5, 2018, 8:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy Hotels in Atlanta, GA

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3, 2006, 8:51 am

Programs: Sadly no longer platinum with anyone. Plain old Delta Skymiles member and Marriott Rewards member
Renaissance Concourse ATL & best coke/ice cream I never ate

Stayed at the Renaissance Concourse at the Atlanta Airport this weekend. Talk about a nice hotel! Awesome views of the runway to keep ya entertained.

Upon check in i was handed the platinum card, I requested coke and ice cream, told them i'd like it within the next hour. They logged it in their book and called it down to room service. Well 3 hours later at midnight it hadn't showed up, so i went to bed.

Went down the next morning to check out and told them I didn't receive the items I requested. Now it was like 5 am so there was no manager present, the guy at the desk was like well I can comp your internet for the night ($10), then another girl at the desk was like no, he is supposed to get $100 cash. She walked him through the procedures and I got my $100.

Nice hotel and loved my platinum gift!
Old Jul 3, 2006, 10:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Good for the hotel for proactively following the rules. That would make me more loyal for my next stay.

I hear that there's going to be a really nice Coke and ice cream party today somewhere in Utah!

Mike
Old Jul 3, 2006, 4:51 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by mikeef
I hear that there's going to be a really nice Coke and ice cream party today somewhere in Utah!
That will be a Caffeine Free "Coke and ice cream party somewhere in Utah."
Old Jul 22, 2006, 12:52 pm

Location: DFW, 3.5 MM, AA EXP, LIFETIME PLATINUM, MARRIOTT LIFETIME PLATINUM, STARWOOD AMBASSADOR 223 NIGHTS, AND LIFETIME GOLD, HILTON DIAMOND, NATIONAL EXECUTIVE ELITE
JW Marriott Atlants Buckhead - Comments

Hi Everyone,

Any recent experiences here? I know that the Lounge is closed on the weekends (bummer).

Having said that, is it true that you can walk to Lennox Mall via connecting hallway from hotel without going outside?

Also, how is the pool and jacuzzi here?

Finally, any PLT Premier upgrade experiences?

Many thanks.
Old Jul 22, 2006, 9:14 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat MM, UA MM 1K, MR Titanium Lifetime
It is connected to the Lenox mall thru the lobby lounge without going outside, but coming thru that door again will require the use of your room key.

I am ashame to say having stayed there all these time I have never been to the gym, or pool. But I remember getting a notice that it is recently renovated.

I am a very frequent guest at the hotel and therefore they have always tried to upgrade me to the bigger rooms (corner), but I prefer just the regular rooms. You might want to ask for rooms with a bath and separate shower stall.

Rooms are pretty good size overall. Good luck.
Old Jul 23, 2006, 9:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
Originally Posted by bl4666
Rooms are pretty good size overall.
Like the JWM in Houston, the Atlanta JWM was originally built and opened as an Intercontienetal - that may partially explain the larger-than-average rooms
Old Aug 3, 2006, 12:59 pm

Programs: AA EXP (1M+), HH Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Atlanta's Marriott Marquis Starts Phase Two of Renovation

The Atlanta Marriott Marquis announced plans to begin Phase Two of an approximate $100 million renovation and repositioning. Phase one, a $38 million dollar enhancement to all guestrooms and suites was recently completed, and beginning August 2006 all public areas and meeting space will undergo a comprehensive makeover giving the hotel an entirely new look and feel.

Link to article.
Old Sep 23, 2006, 8:28 am

Renaissance Atlanta Concourse trip report

The Ren Concourse in Atlanta is in dire need of customer service skills.
Upon check-in, I was told the club floor was sold out, despite the fact that this is a weekend night when the lounge is closed anyway. After much typing and disputing the fact that the club floor had no rooms (despite my checking this on the Marriott website just minutes before check-in), the desk staff finally found a room. I drag bags up to the non smoking room, and nearly fainted when I walked in the door . . . yup, overwhelming stench of smoke. Head back downstairs, another room just opened up on club floor, according to clerk.
Rooms were supposedly recently renovated, according to hotel website, but you'd never know it from the state of the rooms. Bed was way too soft, and cleanliness of bathroom was suspect.
Thankfully, it was just one night!
Old Sep 23, 2006, 3:02 pm

how come? Do all Marriotts in N American go non smoking?

how come? Do all Marriotts in N American go non smoking?
Old Sep 23, 2006, 5:04 pm

I believe the changeover to non smoking hotels is in October.
I wonder how difficult it will be to clean rooms like the one I initially was assigned, because the smoke stench was horrific, and supposedly this property had recently renovated all their rooms.
Old Sep 23, 2006, 6:57 pm

Programs: DL SkyMiles, MR, HH, ICH/PC, Avis Pref., Hertz Gold
What's the big deal getting an "upgrade" to the Concierge Level when the lounge is closed? If you just wanted that little bottle of mouthwash, I'm sure the front desk could have provided.
Old Sep 23, 2006, 7:28 pm

That is very surprising, I have stayed at this hotel many times and without question the front desk has always been very nice.

I guess it really depeneds on who is working at that moment and the customers that they have dealt with until that point.

Dan
Old Sep 24, 2006, 2:38 am

Originally Posted by keeton
What's the big deal getting an "upgrade" to the Concierge Level when the lounge is closed? If you just wanted that little bottle of mouthwash, I'm sure the front desk could have provided.

The Club (not Concierge ) floor rooms tend to be better maintained, IMO.
Of course, there is always the exception, as in this case.
Old Sep 24, 2006, 4:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by dan1431
That is very surprising, I have stayed at this hotel many times and without question the front desk has always been very nice.
That's always been my experience.

Bruce
Old Dec 26, 2006, 10:19 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards Platinum Member, Starwood, Hilton Honors
I need your opinions about the Atlanta Marriott Downtown (Spring Street) that opened up almost a year ago. What are its good points and/or bad points? Does it have a Concierge level? Staff competence and service?

I'm considering reserving a stay the next time I'm down South.

Suggestions about this would be appreciated.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.