Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy Hotels in Atlanta, GA

Old Mar 5, 2018, 8:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy Hotels in Atlanta, GA

Old Apr 17, 2006, 8:15 am

Programs: Marriott lifetime Titanium, Delta Platinum
Originally Posted by bdschobel
Yes, but not breakfast for two. Maybe that's the problem.

Bruce
It doesn't sound like that's the problem to me Bruce. In my experience, when most properties give you elite breakfast coupons, one coupon suffices for two or some properties just hand you two coupons for each day (although you are right in that technically just the elite is entitled to breakfast; few properties enforce this). I think either the front desk was misinformed or the property hasn't thought through the policy. Maybe if the poster pressed the issue or simply just spoke to a different person at the front desk, he would be given breakfast coupons for each day.
Old May 8, 2006, 1:27 pm

Programs: AA EXP, B6 Mosaic, UA Platinum, others
Suggestions in the Atlanta, GA area?

I may be taking a few trips to the area, and can always use the stays. Any properties that people particularly like in the area? Courtyard or FS is my usual level.
Old May 8, 2006, 1:47 pm

Programs: DL-DM MM & RW, UAL- PS, Marriott Lifetime PLT, SPG-PLT, Hilton-Gold
Originally Posted by jmr50
I may be taking a few trips to the area, and can always use the stays. Any properties that people particularly like in the area? Courtyard or FS is my usual level.
Having stayed at the Spring Hill Suites in Buckhead several times I would recommend it.

It is close to some nice resturants, has very easy access to 400. It is a new property and is very upscale for a SHS. The one downside is the charge for parking which is $15.00 for valet, but the free breakfast off sets the charge for me.

If you want something closer to downtown, the CY on techwood is nice for a CY. It too is close to places to eat.
Old May 8, 2006, 4:12 pm

Programs: AA - Exec Plat, Marriott Platinum Premiere; Lifetime Platinum;
Buckhead would be the place to stay if bars/nightlife or shopping mean anything to you. Upscale area. The JW in Buckhead will not disappoint you.
Old May 8, 2006, 8:28 pm

Programs: DL SkyMiles, MR, HH, ICH/PC, Avis Pref., Hertz Gold
As a local, I would suggest that you stay somewhat near your business (assuming that you are travelling on business) since traffic in the Atlanta area can be pretty bad during rush hour.

Having said that, if you want to stay within the city I would avoid the downtown (unless that is where your business takes you) area which would include the Marquis. The Midtown area, which would include the Marriott Suites and a couple of "historic" Residence Inns is in a more hip part of the city. Buckhead, which would include the JW at Lenox and the aforementioned SHS is the more fashionable area of town nearer the higher end restaurants and shopping. The suburbs are pretty spread out and if you were to choose a property there, it would be based on proximity to your business.
Old May 8, 2006, 9:43 pm

I've been living at the JW in Buckhead, M-Th, for the last few months. The hotel, soft goods, and location is very nice. It's attached to a swank mall.

The staff doesn't impress me as much as the Grand Hyatt. They're nice, but a fake nice at the JW.

Surprisingly, I like the JW better than the RC in Buckhead.

Of course our client office is in the Lenox building next door, so I can just roll out of bed and be ready in a few minutes.

Almost all the hotels in Buckhead will drive you for free in the hotel car anywhere within a few miles. The JW has a Navigator, but sometimes also has a Town Car. The Grand Hyatt has a stretch town car and a passenger van. Around there, the service is very convenient, as you'll have to probably pay for parking at most of the nicer restaurants. They're usually speedy when picking you up as well.
Old May 9, 2006, 4:39 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, AAdvantage Gold, Air Canada Elite, Avis Pref Select, Hertz Gold,
If your reason for being in Atlanta is working instead of entertaining yourself, then stay where your customers are! In my case, that was always in the Perimiter area north of town where there was a reasonably good Full-serv Marriott as well as a CY.

There are several good dining/shopping/entertainment venues nearby in case I wanted to break away for a little fun. Joey D's Oak Room is one place that comes to mind...a fun spot with good food and a lively atmosphere. (Try the Manhattan Chef Salad).

I don't get to Atlanta as often as I used to, but I can tell you most of the Marriott properties are located within fairly close proximity to at least a few places where you can relax and enjoy the area if you're so inclined.

Last edited by cyberdad; May 9, 2006 at 4:41 pm Reason: spelling
Old Jun 21, 2006, 8:09 am

Programs: Marriott Rewards Platinum Member, Starwood, Hilton Honors
Hello,

I'm planning a stay at the Marriott Suites Midtown on 14th Street. I'm at Gold Status now and I was wondering if they had a Concierge Level there in order to get the free breakfast or will they issue a coupon for free breakfast in the Dining room.

Please advise as to your experiences regarding free breakfast at this property.
Old Jun 21, 2006, 2:32 pm

Programs: Marriott lifetime Titanium, Delta Platinum
Originally Posted by Marcell
Hello,

I'm planning a stay at the Marriott Suites Midtown on 14th Street. I'm at Gold Status now and I was wondering if they had a Concierge Level there in order to get the free breakfast or will they issue a coupon for free breakfast in the Dining room.

Please advise as to your experiences regarding free breakfast at this property.
As a plat, they've always provided me with a coupon (good for two) for breakfast in the restaurant. As in most Marriott Suites, there is no concierge lounge.
Old Jun 26, 2006, 8:50 am

Thanks for your response.

Has anyone or does anyone who is gold status receive coupons for free breakfast in place of a hotel not having a Concierge floor? Particularly at the Marriott Suites on 14th? Are the breakfast coupons just for Plat members?

Like to hear your responses.
Old Jun 27, 2006, 7:31 pm

Programs: DELTA PM, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC, etc.
As a Gold, and now as a Plat, I have always received free breakfast at this property. There has never been a coupon involved - instead they present a normal bill, you charge it to your room, but the charges never appear on the folio at checkout. Technically, you are not supposed to take the hot items from the buffet, except oatmeal and grits.

Edited to add: It's a great property and I highly recommend it. Best staff I've ever encountered...
Old Jun 29, 2006, 2:06 pm

Question Marriott Marquis Atlanta Age Policy?

Hello to all readers and/or posters. I searched for a thread that addressed my question, but was unsuccessful. I booked a stay at the Marriott Marquis Atlanta in May, and, while reading reviews for the hotel, came across some potentially bad information. Some of the review sites say that the minimum check-in age is 21, while all the Marriott properties I have ever stayed at, only want an 18 year old with a credit card to cover damages and room charges. I know that some of the discount travel sites won't allow reservations by people under 21, but I was wondering if any of you perhaps have first-hand experience with this. I am over 18 but under 21, and I need to know whether or not to book another hotel or bring along someone over 21 years of age. The last thing I need is to travel from LAX to ATL and be told that I cannot check in because I am too young. Any advice and knowlede would be greatly appreciated. Thank you all in advance for your responses.
Old Jun 29, 2006, 2:28 pm

Programs: UA 2P, AA LT Gold, Marriott LT Titanium
Call the property and ask the front desk.
Old Jun 30, 2006, 5:55 pm

Mike, thanks for your response. You're right about the property; I've stayed here before and I would recommend this property to anyone.

As a matter of fact, I'm here at the Atlanta Marriott Suites for the weekend. And to answer my previous post (question), you do receive free breakfast as a gold member. A letter was given to me (with my room keys) recognizing me as a Gold member and indicated that I was entitled to free breakfast each day of my stay.

The new receptionist that checked me in was going to give me the back view; I requested the front view and a manager who recognized my Gold Status came over and made the change for me. I received an executive suite on the front.
Old Jul 2, 2006, 7:12 pm

Has anyone stayed at the new Atlanta Marriott Downtown on Spring Street? What are the rooms like? Do they have a Concierge Floor for gold/plat members?

Any experiences about this hotel would be appreciated.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.