Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy Hotels in Atlanta, GA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 5, 2018, 8:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy Hotels in Atlanta, GA

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2006, 10:38 pm

Programs: DL SkyMiles, MR, HH, ICH/PC, Avis Pref., Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by Marcell
What do you all consider to be the best Marriott in metro Atlanta?

I'm split between the Marriott Marquis which is where I usually stay for business, the Residence Inn Historic Midtown, which has a balcony and free parking despite its $12 per day posting on its website, and the Marriott Suites on 14th Street.
It depends on where you want to be. The Marquis may be nice, but downtown ATL is pretty creepy after hours. If a Midtown thing is your choice, I would think that the Marriott Suites on 14th St. would be preferable, but the RI you are looking at abuts a really nice residential neighborhood. If you want to be in the Buckhead area, there is a JW Marriott literally in the Lenox Square parking lot. Going further out, a few here on FT have commented favorably about the Renaissance Waverly in the Cumberland area. All of these hotels are pretty dispersed geographically, so your desired location would be an important factor - especially with Atlanta traffic.
Old Jan 12, 2006, 11:02 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat MM, UA MM 1K, MR Titanium Lifetime
The JW is across the street from the MARTA stop which will take you to downtown if that is where you need to be for business. The JW is a much better property, connected to the Lenox Mall with upscale shops and restaurants. It is right in the middle of Buckhead and within walking to many shops and restaurants. The JW also has a courtesy car that will take you anywhere within a 2 mile radius.
Old Jan 14, 2006, 9:12 pm

I've stayed at the Marquis. It's a good location for businsess travel. There are restaurants nearby.

I also like the Marriott at the Perimeter Center. It's close to a high end mall, full of very nice restaurants.
Old Mar 4, 2006, 10:13 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards Platinum Member, Starwood, Hilton Honors
Are there any bonus points earned for registering on-line with any of the hotels in Midtown or Buckhead Atlanta?
Old Mar 5, 2006, 11:43 am

Programs: AA Platinum 1MM - Marriott Silver
if you wish to play with corporate codes try CNN and COK. During my recent stay at the Marquis the weekend rate dropped was $115 compared to +$200 during weekdays. So, you'd better split the reservation in two for weekdays and from Thursday on if at least you make a Friday stay.
Old Mar 5, 2006, 12:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
Please remember to include your personal ethics when booking a corporate rate (ie make sure you qualify)
Old Mar 6, 2006, 2:06 pm

Programs: AA Platinum 1MM - Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by socrates
Please remember to include your personal ethics when booking a corporate rate (ie make sure you qualify)
I agree as I've never used any corporate code in the past and now see that my post may be confusing. The online rate, using no codes, at the Marquis drops sharply for weekend stays (Thursday to Monday, requires a Friday or Saturday stay). So I saved lots of money splitting my reservation in 2.
Old Mar 16, 2006, 9:24 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards Platinum Member, Starwood, Hilton Honors
Has anyone stayed at the new Atlanta Marriott hotel in the downtown area off of Spring street?
It has apparently opened up this year.
Old Mar 16, 2006, 10:29 pm

Programs: Marriott lifetime Titanium, Delta Platinum
Originally Posted by Marcell
Has anyone stayed at the new Atlanta Marriott hotel in the downtown area off of Spring street?
It has apparently opened up this year.
Flag change from Wyndham a while ago.

http://www.usatoday.com/travel/hotel...ropID=10217778

Last edited by ohmark; Mar 16, 2006 at 10:35 pm
Old Apr 15, 2006, 8:16 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, SPG Gold, PC Gold
any updates on the renovation

Its been about a year since the last review of this hotel. I have read on trip advisor that it is going through a renovation. Has anyone stayed there recently? Any new opinions if this property has moved past being a disappointment? Thanks for yout help.
Old Apr 15, 2006, 8:51 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat MM, UA MM 1K, MR Titanium Lifetime
Stayed there a month ago in a renovated room. New carpet, new bathroom. The bed and desk is still the same, new flat screen TV but not plasma. Overall the room is refreshed and not tired as before. The most noticed changed was the bathroom, although still small, it no longer felt like a Motel 6 bathroom. It also has new toiletries. I think all the floors should be updated by now.
Old Apr 16, 2006, 7:41 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite; UA MM
[QUOTE=ohmark]
Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound
Stayed at the JW about three months ago. Upgraded to a beautiful very large room with a great view, and tasteful contemporary furnishings (sort of Westin like). One of the best C-lounges with superb snacks and breakfasts. Overpriced wine in the C-lounge, but at least a choice between a mediocre chardonnay at $7, and a half-way decent Clos du Bois at $8.
I was not impressed with the Marriott Marquis when I stayed there a few months ago. The room had very dim lighting from too small fluorescent bulbs. I managed to get some of them replaced with larger bulbs, but the lighting was still only marginal.
I was annoyed by the price of wine in the concierge lounge. Wine was doled out by a concierge attendant and customers were given a bill that invited adding a tip to the overpriced wine charge. I don't understand this kind of gouging of Marriott's elite members or those who had already paid extra money to be on a concierge floor, especially when one can drink sodas and other beverages for free.
Old Apr 16, 2006, 7:52 pm

Programs: UA 1K; MR Plat Elite; HHonors Diamond
Staying at the ATL Marquis Right Now

I checked in today at the Marriott Marquis in Atlanta. Renovations are certainly underway and the top 3 floors are closed in with plastic at the moment. I am on the 43rd floor in a newly renovated room. I was here about 9 months ago and it is definately better than it was back then. As mentioned, the bathroom design is the most noticable change as is the desk change. The bed and beddings are still not switched over but the letter from the hotel manager in the room says they are coming soon as part of the renovations that are expected to be completed in October 2007. The $100 million renovations will include all new restaurants, meeting spaces, public spaces and the health club and spa.

Unfortunately for me, the concierge lounge is closed until 19APR06. To make up for that fact, I was allowed to choose an addition 500 MR points, a nut/dried fruit plate or a Healthy Start breakfast for 2. My only issue is that this is not per day of closure but once for the stay. Given that the closure was posted no where on the property's website, I'd expect at least breakfast each day; actually my choice of compensation each day would seem even better.

All in all, the service is still great here. My last 4 week-long visits in the past 18 months have always been greeted with fantastic service and hospitality. Although, I do agree that the business/downtown area of ATL is partucularly uninteresting. If it weren't for the traffic, I'd definately do Buckhead. Midtown also has more walkable good restaurants. But it's hard to beat this location when you're heading west on 20 each morning.
Old Apr 17, 2006, 6:03 am

Programs: DL SkyMiles, MR, HH, ICH/PC, Avis Pref., Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by OffIGoAgain
Unfortunately for me, the concierge lounge is closed until 19APR06. To make up for that fact, I was allowed to choose an addition 500 MR points, a nut/dried fruit plate or a Healthy Start breakfast for 2. My only issue is that this is not per day of closure but once for the stay. Given that the closure was posted no where on the property's website, I'd expect at least breakfast each day; actually my choice of compensation each day would seem even better.
I thought that, according to the Marriott T/C, if you are an elite (your signature indicated MR Platinum), the property is required to offer at least a Healthy Start breakfast for the duration of your stay.
Old Apr 17, 2006, 7:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
Yes, but not breakfast for two. Maybe that's the problem.

Bruce

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.