Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Marriott-family hotels in Paris, France, pre-2014

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott-family hotels in Paris, France, pre-2014

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2000, 7:39 am
Original Member

dg1... Yes I found several of your Courtyard
posts. At least 1 was in General Traveltalk.
They helped a lot...Thanks! I made
the mistake of just searching Marriott for
Neuilly and not all the forums, Some were under Paris or Courtyard. Darn... Time is just too tight these days..I need a vacation!
Old Sep 12, 2000, 9:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
dg1,

You're right, the Paris Marriott is a good value for points, but I suspect that you will NEVER get a reservation there using points. I tried for months without success. It's simply never available. We ended up staying at the Renaissance at La Defense (5 free nights using points) and were very happy.

Bruce
Old Sep 12, 2000, 7:00 pm

I stayed at the Paris Marriott on points...100K for 5 nights in late February this year...got my dates on the first try...don't be fooled. The property is well worth the points!
Old Sep 16, 2000, 3:39 pm
Original Member

What metro stop is closest to the Courtyard Neuilly? Someone said 4 blocks from the hotel. Thanks!

Update: from other posts it appears to be either ...
Les Sablons
on the 1 line toward La Defense
(1 exit past Porte Maillot stop)
OR
Louise-Michel on the 3 line toward
Pont de Levallois Becon
(sorry no accents)

[This message has been edited by billhallNY (edited 09-16-2000).]
Old Mar 27, 2002, 10:29 am

Marriott-family hotels in Paris

I will be going to France on vacation and staying at this hotel using a certificate.

I'd like to hear from everyone who stayed at this hotel about your impressions. How were the rooms ? facilities? service?

How convenient is this hotel to downtown Paris sightseeing?

Thanks!

[Moderator's note: For a long time, Paris had just one Renaissance Hotel, at La Defense. In 2005 or so, the new Renaissance at Vendome opened. In reading this long thread, be careful about references to "Renaissance"; they probably refer to La Defense if they are pre-2005. This confusion is due to the merging of several Paris-related threads. In addition, many of the links in this thread will not work correctly because they now refer back to this one.]

Last edited by bdschobel; Jan 25, 2006 at 5:20 pm
Old Mar 27, 2002, 10:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF FB Platinum For Life (F+ Rouge Vintage®) / Hertz President's Circle / SNCF Grand Voyageur Le Club
AlexR: Some of the more recent threads on this property.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum63/HTML/001251.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum63/HTML/001372.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum63/HTML/001009.html
Old Mar 27, 2002, 11:50 am

Location: Texas AA EXP 4.5 mm, United Gold, Marriott Plt, Hilton Diamond
I stayed there a couple of months ago.... Nothing but Excellent comments from here. Its a little out of the way for most tourist sites, but the La Defense area is awesome and the building itself... WOW.

You will be about 400 yards from the train / subway station.

Rooms are more than adequate, larger than normal for Europe not as big as in America.

We were upgraded to a Suite which was excellent and the courtesy breakfast was fine.

There was not a concierge floor but this could have been closed because of the holidays.

------------------
AA member since 1981

[This message has been edited by TxLobo (edited 03-27-2002).]
Old Mar 28, 2002, 4:18 pm

Can anyone please advise what public transportation (e.g. Metro) to take from CDG airport to La Defense? Any help appreciated.
Old Mar 28, 2002, 9:27 pm
MRW

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by ntamayo:
Can anyone please advise what public transportation (e.g. Metro) to take from CDG airport to La Defense? Any help appreciated.</font>
It takes about 55 minutes by RER (the Parisian commuter rail). From the airport take a train towards Paris and then switch in town at Châtelet/Les Halles for an 'A' RER to "La Défense".

go to: http://www.ratp.fr/ParisVisite/Eng/index.htm and look at "Route Finder" and "Maps"
Old Mar 29, 2002, 4:12 pm

Thanks for the Metro info.

Can anyone who has stayed there recently (past 3-4 wks) pls. confirm if their concierge lounge is open and if so what are their hours?
Old Mar 30, 2002, 2:54 pm

Programs: AA LTP, Bonvoy Titanium; AA CK before I retired
One thing to consider... if you arrive at CDG in the early morning, you may catch the RER system at its busiest... not the best time to be lugging a bag or two.
Old Mar 31, 2002, 5:02 pm

Programs: AA Platinum 2 Mill - SPG Gold
To get in from the airport, if there are two of you, its almost as cheap (15 euros per person, minimum 2 people, no extra charge for luggage; I think the RER is about 10 Euros/person) to take the shuttle bus (there are several cos, last time I reserved at airportexpress.fr). I phoned as soon as I arrived, and they were there in about 10 minutes. I didn't prepay by credit card, since I hadn't used this service before, but it sure beat taking the bus to the terminal with the RER station, then the RER, then transferring at a Metro station in Paris.
Also, for the metro you can buy a visitors pass good for several days, but I usually buy a "carnet" which is a group of ten tickets for a reduced price (about 10 euros).
Old Mar 31, 2002, 8:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
I stayed there March 9, a Saturday night. The lounge was closed, but they gave me a breakfast coupon good at the restaurant.

Bruce
Old Apr 2, 2002, 7:02 am

Programs: AA EXP; BD Gold; Hyatt Dia; HH Dia; IC RA; AxCent
I stayed there a few months ago as well.

Really nice hotel (I'd give it a 4.5* Superior First Class), nice staff that gave me an upgrade, an pretty good weekend rates of around 100-120 Euro per room/night.

Naturally it is set in a business area, which is rather dead on the weekends and it may take over 10 minutes and ridiculous prices to get a taxi, but the Metro is just few minuts walk and 10 minutes ride to Champs Elyssee. Also the Grand Arch in front of the Hotel is worth going up for the view and its art exhibition. The hotel restaurant is recommended as well.
Old Apr 5, 2002, 11:46 am

Thanks to everyone for the excellent info.

Also, I will be using a rental car to take day trips to various places from this hotel. I am concearned with parking in LaDefense area. What kind of parking options are available around the hotel and what are the approximate parking costs ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.