Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

JW Grande Lakes Orlando [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 9, 2014, 11:22 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Time traveller
Effective Jan 20, 2014, this property has a $25 resort fee. (might be $20 for Marriott elites based on one report).

From the website: Daily resort fee of 25 added to room rate includes in-room Internet, theme park shuttle, resort activities and more! No details on the resort activities & more on the website, although a FTer reported yoga classes.
Self-parking is $18/day & valet is $25/day. Some reports of elites getting parking waived; can't hurt to ask.

Updated July 2017, as per hotel website, resort fee is $35 and parking $25/day for self-park and $32/day for valet.
Print Wikipost

JW Grande Lakes Orlando [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 25, 2012, 6:41 am
Suspended

Have a 2 day stay at this property and have read about a dinner buffet that is relatively inexpensive. Anyone know how good it is? Also, any particular section(s) of the hotel with that view of the fireworks and is one better than another?

Found a AAA rate, by the way, for $249 that provides for self-parking, breakfast for 2 and a $25 credit per day of your stay.
Old Oct 25, 2012, 7:10 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by NJUPINTHEAIR
Have a 2 day stay at this property and have read about a dinner buffet that is relatively inexpensive. Anyone know how good it is? Also, any particular section(s) of the hotel with that view of the fireworks and is one better than another?

Found a AAA rate, by the way, for $249 that provides for self-parking, breakfast for 2 and a $25 credit per day of your stay.
I'm not much of a fan of buffets but we did eat there one night and I thought it was good. The staff was very friendly and went out of their way to make my 5 yo picky eater happy.
Old Oct 25, 2012, 10:04 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by No Clue
I'm not much of a fan of buffets but we did eat there one night and I thought it was good. The staff was very friendly and went out of their way to make my 5 yo picky eater happy.
Thanks.
Old Nov 15, 2012, 10:15 am
Suspended

Had a great stay at this property. Primo restaurant was fantastic and Norman's at the R/C was very good. I had a package that included parking so I opted for points as my Plat gift and it was 1,000 points -- as if at the R/C -- and not the standard 500 that I usually see.
Old Nov 15, 2012, 10:33 am

Originally Posted by NJUPINTHEAIR
Had a great stay at this property. Primo restaurant was fantastic and Norman's at the R/C was very good. I had a package that included parking so I opted for points as my Plat gift and it was 1,000 points -- as if at the R/C -- and not the standard 500 that I usually see.
Did you like Primo's better than Norman's? I really wanted to try Norman's on my last trip but in the end, we just ran out of time. I did like the grill by the R/C pool though; much more than the Marriott pool grill.
Old Nov 15, 2012, 6:12 pm
Suspended

Honestly, we did like Primo's better than Norman's, although the latter was very good, we just had a spectacular meal at Primo's at was well worth the Primo price commanded for it.

Only thing we missed at the hotel was the Disney fireworks, as we were given the wrong time for the Winter season -- it is at 9 PM, not 10 PM.
Old Mar 5, 2013, 8:17 am

Anyone has information on the JW and Ritz pools during the winter? are the pools heated?
Old Jan 7, 2014, 3:19 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, UA Gold
JW Grande Lakes Orlando

It seems that the JW Grande Lakes introduces a resort fee on January 20th. It will be 25$/night and include internet, shuttles, yoga lessons and other inclusions. Looks like another rip-off fee. Since parking runs at 18$ per day, it seems we now have to pay at least 43$ extra per night in fees...
<td> <td>
Old Jan 7, 2014, 3:31 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat
Originally Posted by Muerz
It seems that the JW Grande Lakes introduces a resort fee on January 20th. It will be 25$/night and include internet, shuttles, yoga lessons and other inclusions. Looks like another rip-off fee. Since parking runs at 18$ per day, it seems we now have to pay at least 43$ extra per night in fees...
<td> <td>
I have asked and been able to get parking as my Plat arrival gift…for multiple days.
Old Jan 7, 2014, 5:19 pm

Originally Posted by Mr. Vker
I have asked and been able to get parking as my Plat arrival gift…for multiple days.
I have too. they offered it to me as an option several years ago but not the next visit. In the survey they sent afterwards, I registered a complaint and was promptly contacted by the manager of the property and told to ask for it next time. After that, it was never a problem.
Old Jan 8, 2014, 9:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Marriott or Hilton hot tub with a big drink <glub> Beverage: To-Go Bag™ DYKWIA: SSSS /rolleyes ☈ Date Night: Costco
Programs: Sea Shell Lounge Platinum, TSA Pre✓ Refusnik Diamond, PWP Gold, FT subset of the subset
I was offered free parking as a Plat at check in recently, but I'm disappointed at the new resort fee.

Originally Posted by tonytifao
Anyone has information on the JW and Ritz pools during the winter?
They closed the pool at 9 PM the nights I was there. An attendant goes around about quarter till to let everyone know, then at 9 sharp they came back and asked everyone to leave.

Yes, getting kicked out of a JW hot tub in MCO at 9 is a first world problem, but plenty of other FS properties never seem to close, so I don't know what the deal is there.
Old Jan 8, 2014, 6:48 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum - Delta Platinum - Hyatt Platinum - Hertz President Circle - NEXUS - Global Entry
I got parking free as a Silver...
Old Jul 8, 2014, 2:40 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, UA Gold
JW Grande Lakes Orlando

Any Plats experiences since they started charging that dreadful ripoff resort fee?
Old Jul 8, 2014, 3:40 pm

Programs: MR Plat; AA Gold; UA Silver
I was here as a Silver in mid-June and had to pay the resort fee, but the parking fee was waived. Not sure if it was because of my Silver status or what . . . was afraid to ask why in case it was an error!
Old Aug 22, 2014, 4:19 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Hilton HHonors Diamond
Can't decide on this place or the Hilton Orlando. I'm gold in both programs. JW seems a little bit nicer. JW: $283 Hilton: $112.50 plus 24,000 points

In assuming the upgrade would be better at the Hilton and of course they do breakfast too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.