Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Renaissance Sao Paulo [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 30, 2016, 8:50 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SkiAdcock
Hat tip to carsnoceans:

Datapoint - Airport express bus (http://www.airportbusservice.com.br/en/linhas) stops here directly from the airport. For return, take a short cab to Hotel Maksoud (roughly 1km from Renaissance) as ride starts from there. Tickets can be purchased on the bus for the return part, if you didnt purchase one at airport for both ways.
Print Wikipost

Renaissance Sao Paulo [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2012, 3:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Am here now...the hotel seems to be packed with Americans (especially in the exec lounge). You will see probably a dozen or more Americans in the lounge on their laptops all day long at any given time (unusual for a biz hotel where most people are out at their offices, probably a function of late departure times to the US from South America).

No bottled water here unless you ask (otherwise from a big jug), and the staff is very friendly although a bit overworked. Two hot items in the evening and two hot items at breakfast...more desserts during the evening spread than anything else.

Was not offered a Plat amenity and when I pointed that out, nothing was done about it. I just KNOW when I contact customer service, they will find a way to weasel out of it like every other time I have not been offered the amenity.

Very modern lobby, but reception seems to be too small and understaffed for the volume of people here. The pool is miniscule and disappointing.

Views from the club lounge are exceptional!
Old Apr 18, 2012, 3:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Am here now...the hotel seems to be packed with Americans (especially in the exec lounge). You will see probably a dozen or more Americans in the lounge on their laptops all day long at any given time (unusual for a biz hotel where most people are out at their offices, probably a function of late departure times to the US from South America).

Very modern lobby, but reception seems to be too small and understaffed for the volume of people here. The pool is miniscule and disappointing.

Views from the club lounge are exceptional!
BTW the lounge used to be very quiet during the day, but on my recent visit there was quite a few people there during the day as well. Probably using it as an office space.

You can always check in/out in the lounge reception as long as you get there during the regular hours.

The view is fantastic from the lounge.
Old Apr 29, 2012, 9:08 am

Programs: UA MM, Premier Plat, Costco EM
Hi - I'm arriving at GRU at 9 pm on a Sunday night. Should I take a taxi to the Ren or is it just as easy to take an airport bus?

Thanks!

PS Do they still have a free shuttle to CGH?
Old Apr 29, 2012, 6:54 pm

Originally Posted by ordogg
Hi - I'm arriving at GRU at 9 pm on a Sunday night. Should I take a taxi to the Ren or is it just as easy to take an airport bus?

Thanks!

PS Do they still have a free shuttle to CGH?
yes its free. It only costs 40-50 rais or so.
Old Apr 30, 2012, 10:46 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Was not offered a Plat amenity and when I pointed that out, nothing was done about it. I just KNOW when I contact customer service, they will find a way to weasel out of it like every other time I have not been offered the amenity.
Realize your stay is probably over, but you needed to ask for your $100 at time of stay per the program rules.

Cheers.
Old Jul 13, 2012, 7:02 pm

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Platinum, SPG Platinum
May I just say that I'm in the midst of a stay at the Renaissance Sao Paulo, and I have found it to be absolutely fantastic. I just spent three nights at the Sheraton WTC Sao Paulo for comparison. I am platinum with both SPG and Marriott.

I had a conference I needed to prep for early this morning, and I also needed to transfer from the Sheraton to the Renaissance before the traffic got bad. Thus, I left the Sheraton at 6:15AM and arrived at the Ren at 6:45AM.

I went to check in, hoping I could get a room early to work in. I was profusely apologized to for not having a room ready, even though I didn't even necessarily expect they would have one for me. The woman at the front desk fully recognized my plat status and told me I had been upgraded to a club floor (okay yeah i know that's hardly an upgrade, but marriott employees seem to think otherwise).

She told me that she would have a room ready for me in approximately 45 minutes, but in the mean time, she insisted that I let her take my baggage while a bellman walk me up to the lounge (as I didn't have a key to get in yet) for breakfast. Great service!

The lounge is really nice. It's quite large. It's one of the nicer lounges I've ever used at a Renaissance. Maybe not as nice as the lounge at the Renaissance Mumbai or the Renaissance Zhongshan Park... but it's really nice.

I worked in the lounge for 45 minutes or so, and eventually while I was working, a bellman came up to give me my room key and tell me my room was ready. I went to my room, and my bags were already there.

This evening I came back to the hotel, and I went to go check out the gym. The gym is huge, and there's a lot of good equipment! I won't spend this thread hating on the Sheraton, but FYI their gym is crap. I had a great workout at the gym and then went to dinner at the hotel restaurant. My rate for this weekend included a free "dinner for two" on the night of my check-in (random, i know). The food quality was top notch and so was the service.

Seriously everyone has been so nice thus far.

Also, I can't over-stress location. If you're coming to Sao Paulo for business, pick whatever suits you best. But if you're coming to Sao Paulo to hang out and experience the city, then do NOT stay at the Sheraton WTC or any of the hotels in those areas (I think there's a Hilton right there too). That's in a business district that is quite far away from the center of town whereas the Renaissance is smack dab in the middle of it all.

Anyhow, I'll put a post up on my blog when it's all over, but I wanted to say how much I've enjoyed my stay at this property thus far.
Old Jul 14, 2012, 6:36 am

Programs: BA Gold/Marriott Titanium Lifetime/UA/JetBlue
Agree with your comments. I love this hotel, and the staff are very welcoming.

The lounge is one of the better ones outside of Asia. Just enjoyed a stay there and really loved the food offerings. The breakfast fruit is amazing! Fresh cut Mangos and lovely Papaya!

The staff in the lounge are exceptional and really helpful.

There are great meeting rooms, and the bedrooms are comfortable with big baths and nice furnishings.

Be aware that the area around the hotel has had some fairly serious mugging recently though so take care.
Old Aug 26, 2012, 4:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The renovation project is delayed. It was supposed to be completed by now but only the public spaces and the first four floors are completed. The ETA for the total room redone is sometime in 2013. I will have a peek of the new rooms tomorrow and will post a video and photos at some point.

if you are going to stay here using points in sometime in the next 12 months, it probably would be wise to do the booking asap. The BAR nowadays is whopping $668 but the point requirement is still 25K per night for cat 5. I would say that it is likely that this will move to cat 6 or 7 soon. This was the very first time I used points here.
Old Aug 26, 2012, 5:00 pm

Originally Posted by holtju2
The renovation project is delayed.
They are renovating this place? Wow - I love it as-is. Can't wait to see how great it is AFTER the renovation - could use a better pool i suppose...
Old Aug 26, 2012, 5:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by hungarianhc
They are renovating this place? Wow - I love it as-is. Can't wait to see how great it is AFTER the renovation - could use a better pool i suppose...
The public spaces are brand new but the rooms are in need of a refresh. I will have a look at the first renovated rooms tomorrow. I was laughing with the manager this morning when I was referring the first ten floors as flight attendant ones. AA, BA, SA etc used to have their crews staying here and the lower floors were all reserved for them.

Only BA crew and SA captains are still staying here FYI.
Old Aug 26, 2012, 5:11 pm

Originally Posted by holtju2
The public spaces are brand new but the rooms are in need of a refresh. I will have a look at the first renovated rooms tomorrow. I was laughing with the manager this morning when I was referring the first ten floors as flight attendant ones. AA, BA, SA etc used to have their crews staying here and the lower floors were all reserved for them.

Only BA crew and SA captains are still staying here FYI.
It's so far from the airport - why don't the crews just stay at the Marriott out by the airport?
Old Aug 26, 2012, 5:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by hungarianhc
It's so far from the airport - why don't the crews just stay at the Marriott out by the airport?
Airline crews tend to stay for couple of nights depending of the length of the flight and the contractual agreement they have with the airline. Often for stays of this length, the contracts require other than airport hotels.
Old May 27, 2013, 11:09 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA GLD, Bonvoy Titan, HH Dia, WoH Exp
I have read many people here praising the lounge as one of the best outside Asia. Is the lounge comparable to the one at JW Marriott Rio?

What is the latest taxi fare from GRU to the hotel? Hotel seems to be offering a car pick-up for around R$210.
Old May 28, 2013, 3:26 am
R&R

Programs: 1K-UA/AA, LT PLAT-MARRIOTT(1984), HILTON-GOLD, HYATT-GOLD
The Airport Bus Service transport stops right in front of the hotel for pickup and drop off. Very convenient and very reasonable priced for a nice ride every 20 or 30 minutes!

http://www.aeroportoguarulhos.net/en...rt-bus-service

As for the Lounge a couple of years ago was better then the Rio Marriott without the view of the Copa beach. Nice Breakfast choices and extensive variety individual evening appetizers .
Convenient to the main downtwon streets and subway.

Last edited by R&R; May 28, 2013 at 11:07 pm
Old May 28, 2013, 1:23 pm

Programs: UA Global Services 3.2 MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, AA Exec Plat
The lounge is quite good, very large, excellent views, great breakfast and evening appetizers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.